Is it toxic to facecamp Object of Obsession until they're out of the game?

It's annoying that SWF gets wallhacks for an entire game, especially if I'm playing like Freddy or something, so I usually facecamp them until they're dead. It's usually a SWF, so they just slam gens and I end up with a 2k, but hopefully if they have enough games like this, they'll stop using this busted perk. Can't believe this perk is even still in the game

Comments

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

kinda yes, kinda no

kinda entity not happy

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Don't take this the wrong way but how do you know the person using objects was in a swf? I have seen some solo run it

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

You shouldn't assume that a person is automatically toxic for running a perk. Granted some people can be toxic with it but don't make generalization about everyone

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I don't think you're toxic for running it, I specified in my post "if you're being toxic with it".

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I don't try to but the few times I've had someone in a match using it I tunnel them out. I can't help it, seeing their aura constantly is like a big sign saying "I'm here, come kill me" so that's what I do. 😬

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes, but any OoO user knows that THEY are being a bit toxic and could also potentially be calling out to their teammates, so... Kinda like mori'ing keys. Just a big old filthy slap fight.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

Can someone explain to a noob how ooo is toxic? I'm confused. It's a perk that is a double edged sword isn't it?

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

No it isn´t. If you ask me it´s a generous and moderate response.Can´t believe the perk is still in it´s current form either. Don´t let them drag you down!

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

It's really annoying to go against if you are up against a SWF with comms, since one person can tell everyone else what you are doing at all times.

As a solo survivor, how the perk was designed to be used, there isn't much of an issue with it because then it is a double edged sword.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Half of all killer perks are aura perks and you are complaining about OoO.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Facing a swf with OoO is boring af too because it limits so much the interaction between killers and survivors

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

They don't activate whenever you want. And same can be applied to survivors perks, there are so many aura reading ones

• MrRiingo
    MrRiingo Member Posts: 5

I mean, face camping is boring for both parties which is why I never do it.

Imagine staring at a hooked survivor for 2 minuets because you got tilted by a perk though :') Time to turn it off and switch games at that point

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The issue with OoO is that it's bassicly always active. You have constant eyes on the killer.

Which normally wouldn't be that bad but when you are in swf on comms suddenly every survivor knows where you are if the OoO user knows their maps a little.

That's why people hate it

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Running a perk isnt toxic. That makes no sense. It isnt bankable and it is allowed by the devs. Its only toxic if you use it to mess with the killer.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

I don't do it, but go wild man.

But if they bring a key...

Now that's a facecamp.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I'd say no, your not doing it out of any ill intent. You just want to not get stomped.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Play how you want. Why do you need to ask permission on the forums.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Because through death wishes and screaming survivor players have many killer players wondering what is actually toxic or not in the game.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@SquirrelKnight

They wouldn't be asking if they didn't think it was. It doesn't matter. Play how you want. If you are getting salt from it, mute chat. It's really simple.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

I actually really enjoy running OoO as a soloqueue survivor main. Im kinda suprised that i dont get tunneled or facecamped when i do it though. I guess its because i dont really teabag after pallets and the most toxic thing i do, and its the reason i run OoO in the first place, is throw pebbles at the killer while we can both see eachother. I remember when the perk was seen as more detrimental to your survival and it was more of a i wanna be chased perk but sadly SWF gotta ruin things for us soloqueue players.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I don't think so, a lot of the time its a swf abusing the perk and if your the last one to join the lobby its impossible to tell if it is a swf. Personally every time i get one i make sure they die and if im hag or trapper i just camp them to death. The perk is extremely toxic when a good player or a swf uses it so imo you should just assume that's the case if you dont know otherwise. screw that perk and unless your stupid or really good solo survivor you dont run it outside a swf.

• AChaoticKiller

assuming your not a killer constantly in undetectable and its used in a swf they have constant info on you can can coordinate with that info. if your hag or trapper you might as well give up. how is having your entire team know where the killer is not toxic. sure its not directly toxic like t bagging but its still toxic regardless.

• MadLordJack
  • azame

So you are telling me that without bragging or spam flashlight clicking no bm. Nust having an aura reading is toxic? Ok man that's kinda funny. If you think it is so be it let's agree to disagree.

• azame

It's a perk just like no other perk. I run it solo am I toxic? It makes virtually no sense. Toxic is being intentionally rude to aggravate other players. Having an aura reading does not do any of that.

• MadLordJack

It is my guilty pleasure perk. I run it on occasion. Even ignoring the fact that it is literally the most overpowered info perk in the game, since it's downside is negligible, the killer has absolutely no way of ever knowing if I am relaying the extreme information I have to my teammates. That alone is what makes it toxic, and is the reason I never blame a killer for tunneling me out of the game. Sure, my intentions may not be overly harmful, but they are by proxy because I am fully aware of how extremely uncomfortable a perk it is to go against.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited October 2020

yes having a teammate tell you where all traps are or the killer in general is isn't toxic because its not gesture. not everything is black and white its toxic because it creates a situation where the survivors all know your location and actions which allows them to make plays that are drastically disadvantages to you. leaving a gen early, avoiding dangerous area's, completely avoiding the killer, and sabo'ing traps.

simply put it puts you in a disadvantage until the OoO is dead and the team knows your actions and can act on them accordingly. as said not everything is black and white.

edit: also a lot of players who use the perk are toxic in general. almost every OoO i go against use the perk to waste as much of my time as possible and if you try to ignore them and they know they will just watch your every move and later in the game they can take some hooks and will t bag and FL spam to get your attention.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Is it toxic to only chase the teabagging pallet eater survivor that continues to look at you with object of obsession? lol 3v1 no pallets remaining and 2 gens left. Story of my killer life.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

Nope, do whatever you like to OOO users, they deserve it.

Face camp them, tunnel them, mori them 15 seconds into a match, slug them for 4 minutes while you play with the other people.

• azame

There are other perks that put the killer st a disadvantage sprint burst does at the start of the chase. What makes objectnso different. Is it because its stronger and allows for accurate callouts? Toxic is how you treat someone, let's say I'm tbagging to make the killer mad that's toxic or spam clicking to make the killer mad that's toxic.

Running a strong perk isnt toxic. You have versed me using object was I toxic. Not all object users want to abuse/violate killers we just want to be chased and chill.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

You know what you're doing if you're in red ranks running OoO.

If being facecamped is "exactly what you want," I am happy to oblige, every single time.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

You can tell when the whole team knows your location at all times.

Face camping OoO: a bit toxic but justified

Tunnelling OoO: 100% necessary

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Not the smartest thing to do, if you are planning on winning, but why not.

Game strategies (like facecamping, looping, tunneling, genrushing) are not toxic, especially if they are successful. Toxic are the people, who whine about it in post-chat, and keep going on and on with different insults, threats and simply bad words.

You also might wanna try Ghostface or Wraith. Their powers are basically the biggest "f**k you* to OoO.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

It isn't the most overpowered info perk in the game, it's the most overpowered perk in the game period.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited October 2020

Stand facing a corner and /afk till they leave. Everyone de-pips and nobody has a good time (especially the ooo troll). Eventually all going well if everyone does this they may leave for another game and our community is a better place.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited October 2020

abusing a strong perk is toxic, sprint burst and DH the two most used exhaustion perks are not toxic because they gain only a short distance and at most the player makes it to another pallet. people like you are probably the ones who also think DS + Unbreakable is fair when anyone with half a brain can figure out that a whole team gen rushing while using that combo can't lose if they are at least decent.

No other perk besides the DS + unbreakable combo is as strong as OoO and even then its debatable if 1 minute of immunity is better than constant information. Abusing perks in a way that wasn't intended or is strong to the point of breaking the balance of the game WITH NO COUNTER PLAY besides camping/ throwing the match is toxic.

ALL other perks have counter play or are fair. DS by itself is fair you can just slug/ignore the unhooked, unbreakable by itself is fair just dont slug, bbq is fair because you have to hook someone and it has 3 way to avoid the aura reading, ruin and undying is fair just do totems and the perk combo dies after 2 minutes or less into the match if your whole team does it, NOED is fair for the same reasons as the HEX combo and can be cleansed if found.

now tell me how you avoid OoO or DS + Unbreakable the two most problematic perks/combo without having to either let the survivor do their own thing even if it means doing gens or having to slug, camp, or tunnel to kill them as the rest of the survivors do gens. Lastly just look at the other posts here a lot of people either don't care and or think its justified of necessary to get rid of the OoO even if it costs them the game.

edit: running the perk as a solo isn't toxic at all but because it can be impossible at times to tell if it is a solo you have to assume its a swf which means the user has to die or your at a constant disadvantage. some killers like wraith or blight who can quickly find and if the killer is good kill the OoO are exceptions since they are either good enough to quickly deal with the aura reading or are immune to it.

As for the match i had with you i don't remember it clearly besides a few seconds since i played over 60 games in the last 3 days to finish the rift, even if i won that means either you team wasn't skilled enough to deal with me with just info alone or you didn't fully provide the info or you were not very skilled in wasting the killers time or providing the info you got. I have faced really good survivors with a OoO user and its basically impossible to get someone without chasing them as they already got distance from the OoO telling them your coming and the gens just fly as you struggle to get downs.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

It's good