I need a few things clarified, also, bad idea time?

Options

Because I haven't gotten to actually play yet (rip my 50gb storage, and 4gb ram laptop rn) i was curious about a couple things.

1. I would assume bp is interchanable between surv and killer as it is in mobile. If not, please let me know.

2. Do you start with 1 perk slot with the others opening at 3, 5, and 10? Thats how it is in mobile, but uh, things are different with the bloodweb so im not entirely sure.

3. Which characters do you start with? Ive heard that its claudette, meg, jake, and dwight but im not 100% on this.

4. Okay, so the archives or tome give you fragments for the rift, now, if those are still open from previous times, do you still earn the fragments, or is it only for the ones for the current rift challenge type things?

(I can't articulate that very well, apologies.)

Now, is this a bad idea:

I plan on playing killer at first and then using that bp to level up my survivors, just so i can get my usual build on them right from the start. Is that a bad idea? I play both killer and surv, but usually play more survivor so i'd like to have that ready to go as soon as I can.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options
    1. yep.
    2. 1, 5, 10 and 15 iirc
    3. depends on your playstyle, really. beware that on pc/console there's probably much more hate towards certain characters, especially claudette, nea and meg.
    4. fragments are only for the current tome, but the old tomes still give BP

And I'd say if you have people to play with, play some custom matches to practice killers first.

Good luck <3

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

Ooh, thank you.

Also, big rip to my girl nea.

I think I could gather a few people from discord to do some practice with. (Whenever it is i get a new laptop, imo😅)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Someone's already answered this but I want to as well so here we go.

1. Yes, they are. Capped at 1 million.
    2. You start with all 3 unique perks unlocked at level 1, with 1 perk slot available. The rest unlock at levels 5, 10, and 15.
    3. Since you're talking about your laptop, I assume we mean the Steam version with no DLCs. In this case, you get the following characters to begin with: Dwight Fairfield, Meg Thomas, Claudette Morel, Jake Park, Nea Karlsson, David King, The Trapper, The Wraith, The Hillbilly, The Nurse, and The Huntress.
    4. Old Tomes will give you bloodpoints for completing challenges but no fragments; only the Tome linked to the current Rift will do that one. For example, we're moving into Rift V, so only challenges from Tome V will grant fragments.

Some other things that are different between Mobile and everywhere else:

• Characters do not share an inventory; items, add-ons, and offerings you unlock on one character are exclusive to that one character. For example, getting a Sport Flashlight on Claudette doesn't let you use it on David, or getting an Ebony Memento Mori on Trapper doesn't let you use it as Nurse.
    • Characters level up with the bloodweb. AFAIK on Mobile you level up through playing as them, on here it's completely different. You also don't get perks from leveling up (technically you do but it's different).
    • There is no Bloodmarket. It's instead replaced with the Bloodweb, where you spend points on inter-connecting Nodes instead of going up different tiers. The Bloodweb is how you unlock Perks, Items, Offerings, and Add-Ons.

Also in terms of your bad idea, I'd say not really. Make sure you're comfortable with the killers, though, and you spend your fair share of points on them, but using those points to then level up your survivors seems good. I say be comfortable because don't go in after having played nothing but Wraith expecting to be a good Nurse.

I think that's it but feel free to quote/tag me if you need anything else. :)

• LSerpentine
    Options

Okay, thank you so much!

I was aware of the difference with how leveling up works (blood web seems much better tbh) but its nice to know I got it right. And thank you for listing the base characters, I mainly play Trapper,Myers, and Spirit though, so I'll have to buy Myers and Spirit Lol.

And thank you for explaining the tomes a bit, the blood points will be a big help to begin with if I can grind some of those out.

Also, how do you technically unlock the teachable perks? For mobile they unlock when you reach 20, 30, 40 but how does it work for Pc? Is it through leveling up, or do you have to do other stuff?

Again, thank you for all the help!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Okay, if it makes you feel better you can unlock The Spirit for free with shards. You get these through levelling up your account.

So, you know how you unlock perks in the bloodweb? Well, you can purchase Teachable varients at levels 30, 35, and 40 (depending on perk level), and can prestige once you reach level 50. The Teachable version of a survivor's second and third perks don't appear before you've purchased the first perk, which is something to note. For example, you couldn't unlock Dead Hard (David King, level 35) without first unlocking We're Gonna Live Forever (David King, level 30), or unlock Self Care (Claudette Morel, level 40) without getting Empathy (level 30) and Botany Knowledge (level 35).

Anything else you need, or if that wasn't clear, let me know. :)

• LSerpentine
    Options

Okay,that helps, and i'll probably grind for spirit, and buy halloween dlc for christmas or something.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Bp interchangable

Perk slots open at 1,5,10,15

Those 4 and bill on steam if you own left for dead

Current tome is the only one that gives fragments or has a rift, once the rift is closed its gone but the tomes challenges and bp they awards stay

Now, is this a bad idea:

I plan on playing killer at first and then using that bp to level up my survivors, just so i can get my usual build on them right from the start. Is that a bad idea? I play both killer and surv, but usually play more survivor so i'd like to have that ready to go as soon as I can.

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea because killers usually get more bp, your best bet is to buy leatherface, get bbq unlocked, play your favorite killer with bbq and grind out the survivor perks you want

• LSerpentine
    Options

Thank you.

Do you know which Left 4 Dead game specifically? Cause i can buy it and get game+bill and that seems good to me tbh😅