Let's Play a Game (Survivor Edition Round Two)

Options
ringwinning
ringwinning Member Posts: 552
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

You guys know how this works. Submit a build and I'll play the game and take a video/post my results.

Update: my survivors now have ALL perks unlocked. Yay! So now it's no holds barred and you can throw any build at me. I can use Min, Zarina, and Kate. Sometimes I'll use Claud and Meg too.

Current Build:

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Perks

• We'll Make It
    • Iron Will
    • Hope
    • We're Gonna Live Forever

Character

If possible, Yui Kimura. If not possible, Claudette Morel, preferably with her Prestige shirt + trousers and default face. If neither of those two are possible, the Feng Min.

The characters are picky, I know, but there's a very good reason for it.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2020
    Options
    • Alert
    • Diversion
    • Red Herring
    • Urban Evasion

The goal is to draw the killer away from important generators and teammates with Diversion and Red Herring. Meanwhile, Alert tells you whether or not the killer fell for Red Herring and Urban Evasion helps you (re)charge Diversion. It's a stealth distraction build.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I have ould swap out alert for repressed alliance for a true gen defense build. No offence or anything.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

Time to have Quentin as your spirit animal and become a item goblin.

• Built To Last

• Plunder's Instinct

• Streetwise

[Free Slot, any Perk you want]

Optional:

• Tarnished Coin/Shiny Coin

ETC:

• Any Survivor

• You're allowed to bring an item in with you

• Basement Chest Defender Bubba is the bane of your existence sadly

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

How Is using red herring? I'm thinking about using jt but I don't know how helpful it will be. I'm afraid of getting someone killed because I lead the killer to the gen.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2020
    Options

The goal is not gen defense, but rather distraction - pulling the killer away from important areas and into dead zones. Like I said, it's a stealth distraction build.

It's very complicated because it will activate the instant you step into a locker, which can lead to the problem you mentioned. I suggested a change to the perk that would allow you to activate it on a whim once you're inside a locker, hopefully the devs will go with it.

Basically, you'll want to work on a gen in some far corner a little bit, make your way to the actual gen that you want (preferably far away), get into a locker there, and then you can have quite some alone time with that gen. The more hiding places (lockers included) near the Red Herring gen, the better, since most killers will search every nook and cranny. You can easily get a solid minute of free time, depending on how thorough your killer is. Furthermore, even if your killer isn't one to search lockers, they will definitely start searching lockers by the second or third time the perk activates, which gives you more time.

I know that sounds like too much work since you can also get a solid minute of free time just by the killer chasing someone else, but this way there's no risk to anyone.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

If you're truly going to be an Item Goblin (which is my new favorite build description btw), then you may as well bring Pharmacy as the 4th perk to save yourself that sweet sweet chest-opening time.

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

PERKS:

Adrenaline

Kindred

Iron will

Prove thyself/spine chill if you need it or any perk of your choice.

CHARACTER:

Feng min, prestiege 1&2 cosmetics. Or the white shirt+purple sweater/black skinny jeans cosmetics.

Any item is game except flashlights😎

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited October 2020
    Options

The idea is a shift from hoarding Emergency Medkits with Pharmacy (which is just Pharmacy and escape with the Emergency Medkit) to using said items for as long as possible in the match, the free slot is there as a variable to see what they would use if given the chance.

Example: They could use Ace In The Hole for add ons, or Pharmacy for search speed, or even something non chest related like Urban for Stealth.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Flip Flop

Boil Over

Tenacity

Unbreakable

Have Meg bring a good med kit with add ons, if she’s stocked up. Can she wear her Fortune Teller or Jewel of the Party outfits, plz... sth with a dress and whatev hairstyle you wanna give her, thxx

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited October 2020
    Options

Distortion

Adrenaline

Borrowed time

Spinechill

Distortion and spinechill make you early game gen jockey. Borrowed time adrenaline make you late game hero. Borrowed time spinechill will guarantee a hook exchange if face camping exists. Adrenaline spinechill counters slugging for the 4K if you get gates that are separated. Good luck :) and always bring a 2 heal medkit.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

No Mither

OoO

Autodidact

Babysitter

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

You guys ( @GoodBoyKaru, @Orion, @APoipleTurtle, @Xyvielia and @28_stabs in particular since you were in my last game thread ) I'm gonna be STREAMING these builds on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/drrrstrange so you can see them live in action :) If you don't catch me live you can always rewatch the stream.

I'm still taking new submissions so if anyone else wants to submit a build please do!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Oh don't worry, I know the results of the build and how it works already. Was my main for a bit because of reasons. Come watch anyway though.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

GGs!

Have to post some good clips of any of those builds that worked out, then.

Thx for the stream

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

HOOK BEGONE!

Toolbox and Saw

Saboteur

Breakdown

BT

Kindred

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    Options

OoO

Alert

Premonition

Dark sense

Pretty fun meme build me and a buddy used a couple weeks ago.

• FablPlayz
    FablPlayz Member Posts: 169
    Options

Head on

Quick and quiet

Inner stengh

Iron will

cleanse a totem at the start of the game and distract the killer for as long as you can. If you get hit get in a locker. If he knows you´re in there head on and try to use inner strengh another time. if he leaves search for a new totem to cleanse and repeat.

(best lockers are at the jungle gyms, these are the best lockers from my expirience)