Ranking All 3 Public Modes By Way of Difficulty

Options
DetailedDetriment
DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

3. SWF (Easy)

Sure, bad SWF groups exist, but even they can win against an average to above average killer due to comms. They know where the killer is and when and where to do gens or whether saving is a viable option.

Then there are the good SWF teams that sweat their balls off against average killers. I feel bad for anyone who is just getting off work and wants to play a game only to encounter this bullshit.

2. Killer (Hard)

This is where the SWF groups become a problem. It's not even fun to play killer just because of SWF. Then you add on that there is always 4 DS and at least 2 Unbreakable. They'll power through gens since one person usually has Prove Thyself. 4 Adrenaline to accompany that Prove Thyself. BNP, syringes, and styptic agents for extended chases and even shorter gens. And keys....I'm just gonna leave it there...

Again, I feel bad for anyone getting off work and having to deal with the ######### I listed.

1. Solo Survivor (Hell)

I think my difficulty rating for solo sums it up. If you play solo then more often than not you'll be matched with survivors who have the skill of a rank 20, but a killer with the skill of a rank 1. Your team can't do gens, can't hold a chase, farm each other off hook, and are constantly running around aimlessly, while the killer is out there completely annihilating. Pretty soon your team is dead and there are still 4 gens even though you had a multi-minute chase.

Even the suspected SWF groups you get paired with are normally #########.

Post edited by DetailedDetriment on

Comments

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yep, that’s about all of it.

EDIT:

I rank them the same.

• DetailedDetriment
    Options

There's some other things that I didn't include such as moris in solo queue, but I think I did get the big stuff.

• FaceCampBubbaMain
    FaceCampBubbaMain Member Posts: 19
    Options

Just main bubba and everytime theres a swf hook one and just sit there with your chainsaw ready nine times out of ten this is the best counter

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

Just play Myers with tombstone and Tuft and follow my four step formula!

1. Pretend to be AFK
    2. Wait for the survivors to start coming to you and teabagging you
    3. Get stalk
    4. Profit
  • CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Unless you have a bunch saved up, this isn't really a permanent strat. Also I've watched a couple of streamers do afk Myers and more often survivors avoid him and leave than mess around. AFKing isn't the most reliable strategy imo

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

1) Bad SWF wont win against average or above killers. Thats nonsense. Even playing 2man or 3man can result in utterly defeat cause mostly the randoms are useless and also most SWF dont are same rank, which makes it even harder for them to protect the weak and still do objectives. And good SWF are not sweaty per se. Nonsense again.

2) SWF are mostly the only groups that make the game interesting due to them maybe on par with yourself. Otherwise its far too easy to get 4Ks as killer as long as you understand the basic mechanics of this game.

3) Solo is the same as small SWF due to randoms that lack skill and killers that only purpose is to play as annyoing as possible.

At all playing survivor is far more frustrating than playing killer. Youre too much reliant on your mates and having to face mostly killers that are soo bad that their only way to play is relying on camping, tunneling, slugging and OP builds/addons. There is basically one out of eight games with a well playing killer.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I don’t think many people will disagree with you there.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

3. SWF (Extremly Easy)

If you struggle at SWF at any rank, get better or get better Teammates seriously

2. Killer (Very Easy)

If you struggle as killer, get better or play OP killer like Nurse and Spirit

1. Solo Survivor (Easy)

Sometimes its really impossible to win, but at least 50% of the games are still winable, as long as you are good at the game.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,806
    Options

I think a lot of these are really matchmaking/ranking issues, and I agree that SWF benefits the most from the current system, though I think solo queue and killers un-benefit about equally. I really hope we get a system that's able to differentiate skill level better and make closer matches for all five players.

• DetailedDetriment
    Options

SWF is the reason that many people have a high escape record. The coordination is unparalleled.

Killer has to deal with so many dumb mechanics and things in the game that generally makes the experience unpleasant.

Solo survivor is difficult because the team you get paired with can't play the game and the killer can play extremely well.

• DetailedDetriment
    Options

It's not about what you can do, but what your team can do.

• DetailedDetriment
    Options

Once MMR is ironed out re-introduced the matchmaking should be much better.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

There are games as killer where you literally can't do anything in order to do well.