Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How many of you also think that bloodweb is a tedious grind

How many of you find the bloodweb tedious grind to go through? Those who prestige their characters and have to do it three times for each character in the game, every single time you mindlessly purchase those bloodweb items and you don't even really care what items or perks you pick first for each level because you know you are just gonna prestige the character at lvl 50 anyway. You end up doing this process over and over again, manually purchasing each individual item on the bloodweb, it's tedious right?

I have asked BHVR before to implement a simple button that would instantly use all your bloodpoints to a specific character's bloodweb so you don't have to do the tedious manual labor of purchasing each individual item on the bloodweb just to climb that prestige ladder for each and every character in the game. However, thus far, I don't see any echo from their side, but would you personally be interested of such feature?

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I've got ever perk unlocked so it doesn't really bother me. The issue I have is the perk tiers.

I have a friend who I'm trying to teach this game to. He's only played for about 30 hours and they've only got claudettes perks and 2 of Kate's (The good 2). Thing is perk tiers are just too much when you have over 70 survivor and around 60 killer perks. This grind is too much to expect of a new player and even more to make them learn the differences in each tier.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75

Yeah, it’s annoying but in the way you’re describing it, that just kinda sounds lazy.

I find it tedious because I never get the Teachables I want to show up. I realize this is partially my fault for flooding my Teachable pool with Huntress’ perks, Demogorgon’s two that aren’t Surge, and a bunch of other perks I probably shouldn’t have unlocked as Teachables but I wish there was a way to get something to drop in the Bloodweb — like a token or something — that would allow us to pick a perk to show up next of replace one of the existing options already in our Bloodwebs.

Iveuryvscjf

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

With that logic, imagine if you were to play some mmorpg with extreme heavy grind on a quest that you have to repeat like 50 times to get something specific from it, and naturally, you find it absolutely tedious and unfun to do, but if you complain about it, people just call you lazy.

This is pretty much the logic you are applying on me when I say that the bloodweb is built to be a tedious grind and all I wish is just a simple button to empty my bloodpoints to a single character and move on with my life to actually play the game. I don't think it's lazy because the process behind it is not well implemented in the first place, it clearly requires improvement, don't you agree?

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75

WIth you laying things out like that... yeah, I can agree. I just don't know how they would program that once you hit high levels and the portion of the Bloodweb where you can essentially pick which two of the four Perks you want to get.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I also have an idea to reduce the grind but these kinds of topics will get lost in the sea of posts.

if you want this to be noticed as its not a priority right now because of the event i suggest trying this when a new killer will release like i am to hopefully make it noticed and relevant.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2020

if they did that it wouldn't take long at all to get all perks on a character which means more meta usage across all ranks. i actually like how grindy it is because it makes players run some interesting builds sometimes.

bp offerings get you more bp than you spent on them so they are fine.

If more bp is available it also means more strong addons/items being put in your inventory so running into killers using their best addons as well as survivors would just make this game worse.

if we did everything you want in that list this game would die as the best of the best of addons/perks/items would always be present.

edit: bp is fine its the lack of ways to get the perks you want since so many are available but having an upgrade system would solve that.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

I think everyone can agree on it.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Honestly, removing perk tiers would also deal with a lot of the problematic balancing we've seen when it comes to perks, too. I hope they at least consider it.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

I don't think, I know.

It doesn't bother me too much as there are few other things to work for in terms of progression.

However, when they do think like make discordance tiers just to do increase the grind, I do think it makes it artificial and annoying and no longer does my statement above apply.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020

I don't find it that grindy, since you can strategically manipulate its patterns 9/10 times. Though, perks are full RNG on what it decides to eat. The ease of getting bloodpoints now is much greater than it used to be. It's far and away easier to break 20k as a survivor now, even dying, as well as offerings and perk bonuses being increased over time. It's nothing compared to a year ago, and a year before that, even. I heard the Legacy blood webs were insane, and there was hardly any additional bloodpoint-earning avenues back then.

It doesn't even take 10 minutes to spend 1 million on a fresh character/prestige, and it usually gets said character to level 36-40.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited October 2020

I just wish the survivor items and killer offerings were on a shared pool/database, so if I could use puddings or other stuff even on killers that I play less and grind less

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

It's incredibly tedious, and simply gets more so with every character released. By this point, it needs a complete overhaul. Same with the Shrine.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

That's the thing, ain't it? Reducing the grind wouldn't matter to veterans since they've already made it through it all. If anything, they'll be upset that the grind that they fought through is reduced. New players, however, will have a much better experience.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

It really is awful. It's why I put off going over to pc from ps4 for the longest time hoping for cross progression. Having to start all the way back at the beginning after having everything unlocked and on multiple characters was a massive punch in the gut

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I stopped playing because i got burned out. The grind is atrocious, and i can't possibly imagine a player who just started playing.

Now you can say that i can keep pushing through, but since the matchmaking is so broken that i start facing red rank survivors by the time I'm rank 13 there's no more fun in playing.

What i find horrible is that posts like these have been flourishing more and more often for the past months and never has a dev gave us any feedback.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Other question who does not? You need several Billion bp to prestige every killer and a few survivor with all teachables unlocked on everybody.

The things is for many the grind is a motivation to play. I personally stopped also due to the fact that the grind in dbd and the gameplay itself don't feel rewarding anymore.

Same with many PvP games. I only play league of legends consistently anymore since I have people to play with there. I quit rainbow six siege, rocket league, wow and other games of this kind since there was nothing but the Dopamin Rush from unlocking stuff and friends. At some point the first will not be enticing anymore and the latter might also quit.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

To p3 and get all the tier 3 perks unlocked for feels like it takes over 7million bp. This doesn't include the amount of bp used for unlocking teachables.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    edited October 2020

My Ghost Face is like level 60 something and counting. Still doesn't have BBQ so I feel like if I play him I'm just gimping myself on blood points >.>

It feels really bad that the more stuff you unlock, the more you have to grind for other characters to get basic perks. Ex: want to level Oni and need BBQ and monitor & abuse? Enjoy wasting 3 levels on furtive chase or I'm all ears because you leveled up Ghost Face.

I think honestly the perk ranks are what gets me when there's like what, almost 80 perks per side?

As for suggestions: I'd love to see either teachables be unlocked on every character at rank 1 once they're unlocked, perk ranks to be removed, or the ability to scrap useless addons/offerings for blood points.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Literally the only thing they absolutely need to do to decrease the grind is remove the tiers. Your second idea of reworking the BP offerings is sooooo good and makes so much more sense than the garbage they have now. I have literally no clue why BHVR can't do this, it would be such a simple and easy change to make for the next update. Would literally take 5 minutes to code and an artist a few hours to design the icons.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

The BP Offerings rework will never happen because its too customer-centric in nature. Imagine giving players something positive. Pff.