Can/Should I report A Toxic Killer?

Just had a match with a Legion. I'm the first who got hooked and literally got camped and tunneled to death. Then he slug so he can get the last two survivors on the ground. One of them unbreakable up while killer was picking up the other. So the killer literally drop that survivor just to find the unbreakable one, like, was he so afraid he's going to get hatch or something? It wasn't even spawned yet. Anyway, he got them both on the ground again and waited them to bleed out. One DC after 5 mins of the BS so the killer felt safe to pick up the last one to hook.

This is such a cancerous killer. I checked his steam profile and apparently he only have DBD, with 60ish hours. I theorized that he got a new account just so he can pull toxic BS like this.

My question is, can I or should I report him? If so, how? I have the match recorded, so I can send over with the report if need be.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2020

IMO, yes. While slugging, camping, and tunneling are not bannable, doing it repeatedly to everyone you meet in that manner (to be abusive) will probably incur some penalty (assuming other people report him as well). Furthermore, it definitely sounds like someone evading a ban, which is bannable in and of itself.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I mean you could, but toxicity reports only really work if they cross a certain line (holding the game hostage, discriminatory language, etc.) so i don't think it will really do much

but then again, shame is a very powerful weapon

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Actually I think this is within the game rules, he doesn’t grief one player over several matches but just plays his ‚strategy‘ without glitches or bug abuses and it also doesn’t count as taking the game hostage at all. If you reported him that shouldn’t be too bad for you, but your report will not lead to anything against him, especially if you didn’t file an advanced player report with evidence.

personally I would be against such playstyles..

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

There's an option on the end screen to report people for unsportsmanlike behaviour or whatever, but I have no info on what happens with those reports. My hope is that someone is collecting statistics to see how prevalent it is so, in that case, it's worth reporting -- but the report button could also do literally nothing. I don't know.

• ArtoTime
    ArtoTime Member Posts: 35

You can't blame a killer for playing the game, scummy or not. And for survivors, learning to accept unfair matches is part of becoming a better survivor. Besides, the killer makes the rules, not the survivors.

• shakala
    shakala Member Posts: 30

He WAS holding the game hostage though, by waiting out for the last two survivors to bleed on the ground. He was standing near one survivor and did the spins and lunges around him, watching him slowly bleed out.

Also not much point in shaming him out, he can just buy yet another account if he needs to.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Nothing they did is reportable.

Certainly sounds like they are either ban evading or got a new account (perhaps with family sharing the game) specifically to troll new players, but that can't exactly be conclusively proven. And pretty sure that technically isn't against any rules, just a dick move.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Dropping a survivor to get the UB-user can be a smart choice.

While the Killer played scummy, there is nothing to report here imo. If you get camped, why is your Team not doing gens?

I guess we need to see the full match.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

That's not holding the game hostage. Holding the game hostage means there is no way for the game to end unless one or more players disconnect because one or more players are preventing it from ending. The game is on a set timer if the survivors are bleeding out, so it's not a hostage situation. That's just being an #########.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Second to last sentence of the first paragraph is the only line which could count as a ban-able offense.

The other stuff is....ehh...it's "toxic" but not reportable.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No, you shouldn't report him because NONE of these behaviors is listed under the report system. You should purge the term "toxic" from your vocabulary, ignore anyone who uses it, and just play the game. The bleed out is unfortunate but it is not holding the game hostage, as there is a timed ending in this case. Killers are going to kill, and Survivors are going to do their best to Survive.

You should ONLY report people for things listed there in the Report System.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

FYI, the person on the ground who DC'd could not have done so after five minutes because it takes 4 minutes to bleed out from full.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    edited October 2020

Yoy shouldn't report him for his actions, however he seems to be dodging a ban.

This is bannable.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No, this isn't bannable.

Slugging, camping or tunneling are not bannable offenses. If he were specifically targeting one person, then that would be bannable.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

The only thing he did was let them bleed out. That called being a ass. You can't report for it unless he did it before to grief you or the other.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

No, you shouldn't

First of camped and tunneled to death have become meaningless with how much people overuse these terms. Did he really camp and tunnel or did he follow a overaltruistic survivor to the hook and decided to punish the unsafe unhook. Who knows it's your word vs theirs.

Second slugging is a strategy for creating pressure and preventing the hatch spawn. Nothing wrong with it. While it is boring losing an adept attempt or a challenge because hatch sucks too.

third, you say a survivor DC after getting bled out for 5 minutes. which is obviously a lie as you bleed out in 4 minutes. So who knows how long it actually took. For all we know the killer was waiting 30 seconds for a potential DS to run out. again your word vs theirs.

and fourth your theory makes zero sense and honestly makes you look petty. Why wouldn't a relative new player be able to do these things? I know this game has some big boy hours but 60 hours isn't nothing.

Best thing to do IMO is to forget about it and move on to the next match. And lose the term toxic as it lost any meaning whatsoever. If you could report players for being toxic then every player in this game would get banned for how skewed the term has become.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

The sad truth is nothing you've written is actually reportable. As for should you do it? It's kinda a waste of everyone's time at that point.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520
    edited October 2020

The only reportable offenses in your story are the DCing survivor and you calling another player cancerous, go ahead and report those.