Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Stealth Killer is the weakest? (Re-post, Re-made.)

Toxicity23
Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Which Stealth Killer is the bona fide weakest, and for what reason?

Keep in note if these factors:

Slowdown Potential

Lethality

Detection

Please, do be fair, and construct thine opinion's on your reasoning!

Which Stealth Killer is the weakest? (Re-post, Re-made.) 53 votes

Michael Myers (Evil Within)
32%
ExcelSwordTapeKnotmichaelmortonAhoyWolfSlashstreetboyNullclinesMapersondugmanMusicNerd_TCKatie_metZeusjayrumusefanMoundshroudNoOneKnowsNovaReverseVelocityvanhoya 17 votes
Ghostface (Night Shroud)
3%
RoffelbillyWalkingcorpse412 2 votes
Wraith (Wailing Bell)
64%
GibberishSeiko300SpacingLlamasF60_31Toxicity23Unnamed_Freakmusstang62MrPenguinFreddoDetailedDetrimentpichumudkipthenegativoneSzarmanKennishitenoresaxDawnMadAwkward_FiendElcopollonotstarboardName123 34 votes

Comments

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

I think basekit Wraith is the worst stealth killer. But with windstorm and swift hunt hes quite nice though.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m going with Meyers here by a little bit over Wraith but it’s close. I think Wraith’s extra speed while cloaked giving him better map mobility helps extend his pressure. Meyers has better snowball potential if he can manage to snag multiple people in Evil 3 but if they’re spread out it’s harder to do since he has no stealth or speed at that point to cover the map or start chases at a closer than normal distance.

On a tangent I always assume a killer is running a minimum or two brown or yellow add-ons. There’s literally no good reason to ever play a killer using “base kit with no add-ons”, the only reason to do it is for bragging rights to show you can win without them. So for example assuming Wraith doesn’t have either a movement speed buff or bell add-on or decloak speed buff is silly, they will have easy access to at least the brown and yellow versions of those. You don’t need to assume they are using a specific green, purple or red because those are a bit harder to get, but you also can’t assume they never have them either. (I think Meyers has rhe most fun add-ons of the three though, Tombstone is awesome when it works. 😄)

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

@Dugman: Fire up + Play with your food + Tombstone.

Or

Fire up + play with your food + sloppy butcher + mirror + indoor map offering

Or

Myers + Fragrant tuft of hair. That's it.

Who voted for Myers has never faced one of these builds.

However, i'll go with the wraith. He is the most basic and stale killer in the game and is easy to spot for every half decent survivor.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Myers has the weakest early game out of any Killer, only rivaled by Trapper. The trade-off, EW3, doesn´t make up for that in higher level play.

Still loopable, weak to SC due to Stalking mechanic, weak against Object and exhaustion perks, weak on maps with many pallets and good visibility. Power can run out completely (Survivors don´t regenerate Evil). Huge penalty when stalking from range (unlike Ghostface).

The nerf to EW1 hurt him (no longer immune to spine chill, a perk that´s present almost every match).

It´s a shame he´s way down in the bottom tier. Can win against most red rank players, like every other killer, but stuggles immensely against the good teams.

Upside : Lots of cool playstyles and addons, in fact some of the strongest in-game. They kinda make up a bit for his very weak basekit.

Bottom line he´s due for some serious buffs and QoL changes.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

Basekit = Wraith

Addons included = Myers

Without addons, Wraith is fairly weak, but once Swift Hunts, All Seeing, or especially Windstorms get added into the equation he becomes a very strong killer.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

I don't know why Pig isn't on this list, she's also a bona-fide stealth killer and I would have said her in all honesty.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345

Agreed.

Pig for the win! (Or... loss I guess)

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

Wraith is incredibly weak without his addons. Clown is probably the only killer who is weaker.

With addons, though, he becomes much stronger than Mikey, Piggy and to an extent even Ghostface (depending on the build and level of skill).

The next weakest stealth killer is Pig (who is not here god knows why), next Michael. Ghostface is the strongest one basekit-wise.

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64

Micheal for the sole fact oni/ghost face are a better version of him and it makes me mad lol...

• Toxicity23
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

For ghostface, I can understand.

But Oni?

In what way is Oni similar to michael myers?

If it's in terms of snowballing, that's fully false as Oni is effectively a killer with no power until he hits someone. Myers just needs to look at the survivor and boom, powerful killer.

• Toxicity23
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

The reason why I dis-included pig was mostly because of me thinking their stealth ability is moreover an *extra power* instead of it being the main focus. The focus was on her traps and capacity to slow down the game, not to sneak around and kill.

You might retaliate through saying that "Michael Myers'" can instantly down folks and remove his own stealth, but he has the capacity to be stealth-focused and be effective.

Pig can only be effective through their traps, and even then, it's still weak.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

myers in ew1 and ew2 is comparable to ghostface and decidedly worse than ghostface

myers in tier 3 is comparable to bloodfury oni because it is a limited time 1 shot down duration with enhanced abilities but oni is just better. he has infinite bloodfuries he can get while myers can get like 8 maybe max. oni has better mobility options in his one hit down power and even has a better lunge.

• zoozoom6
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

wraith is down there with trapper for the worst base kit in the game. impaired speed when cloaking and uncloaking. cant attack when cloak and what do you get for this? harder to see and a slight increase in speed.

comparisions to spirit are so so close as well take a wraith give him a windstorm addon stack remove his reappearance penalty with real invisiblity and he rid of his tells and hes identicle to spirit's base kit power the only difference is a cool down

• Toxicity23
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

I dunno why, but comparing "Oni" and "Myers" just might be the dumbest compare in my life.

Like trying to compare the silent kid to the crazy one.

• Toxicity23
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

And to answer my own question: Wraith is the worst Stealth Killer. Period.

Their ability takes a long time to get out of stealth. By the time you get out of cloak, the speed you travel at basically places you at the where you could have been if you weren't slow in reappearing.

I say that BHVR returned the cloak time to it's original time, but do nothing to the speed. At least make him effective in the beginning of the chase and for hit-and-runs.

• zoozoom6
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

comparing specifically oni's blood fur to myer's ew3 because they are similar:

they are both limited time melee abilities gained from survivors for increased abilities like the ability to one shot down, increased lunge range and mobility options.

the only real diffrence is oni gets more value out his blood fury than myers gets from ew3 due to his dash being so much better than a few % points in various actions for a few seconds

• Toxicity23
    edited October 2020
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

That's still a poor reason to compare them both. Even with the most obvious clarification.

I'm not entirely sure how comparing killers through how their abilities work, but not in how they activate, or what they grant is apparently worthy enough to compare a killer in the first place.

It's basically saying that you can compare Legion and Plague because they both have the capacity to easily render someone in the injured state in varying ways.

• zoozoom6
    Wraith (Wailing Bell)

they also have similar methods of activation by finding survivors and using their ability button to gain enough evil/blood orbs myers needs to do this while not being spotted oe in chase and oni gets it from injured survivors being injured for periods of time they are similar in how method and difficulty of activation.

and yeah plague and legion are comparable in that their main or in some instances only ability is to keep survivors injured to be downed as an m1 killer later in the match with plague being able to use currpt purge if they cleanse and legion getting to inflict deep wound constantly. these similarities are especially apparent from the survivors point of view "do i heal myself to the detriment of my team?" is a question survivor ask themselves constantly against only legion and plague