Rank needs to be changed

trying to rank up as red ranks as survivor is just plain stupid recently, its breeding a toxic atmosphere of everyone racing to get that one unhook. I could do 2 gens, unhook 2 people with various other things like chasing, healing etc etc, even after I did all that and opened a door the killer got me and camped me on hook so I lost rank. It's so frustrating that every game I'm thinking about meeting all these bs requirements instead of actually doing the objective effectively: because I lose rank. Why is it a survivor can lose rank when escaping? it's so frustrating and really stops me from ever wanting to push to rank 1. It makes me feel so powerless.

Comments

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Okay so I personally hate rank. I’m rank 1 (consistently red ranks) and it means absolutely nothing and all that happens if I have a bad game is I depip to rank 2 and am reminded how crap I was that match lol.

I would love the option to completely turn off rank and be placed in a rank cap so I can only face let’s say rank 1-5 killers and vice versa.

basically the killer or survivors I’m facing would be red ranks but I wouldn’t see my number or theirs. I would just know that I will always be facing a specific range.

Hopefully that made a little sense.

• shooter507
    shooter507 Member Posts: 10

Sorry if I seem tilted. it's because I was, please take this post with a grain of salt. thank you!

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I've often wondered if the Survivor HUD showed them (in general terms) where they are for a specific Emblem, i.e. when something is midway or maxed out, if they would know when not to trip over each other. If I've already helped (or did myself) finish 2-3 Generators, do I need to take a slot blocking out another Survivor who wants to work on one? When it comes to rescues, that is a harder, as one doesn't always know if/when the other person is going to get there in time. We need to make that unhook before they go to Stage-2 from the first hook, and so on.

A clear example is a game I had against Pig the other day. I managed to avoid her downing me for most of the match but she got me in the end and put the Reverse Bear Trap on me. I got unhooked and ran into the Killer Shack and went to one of the Saw Stations in there to try and disarm the trap. Another guy ran in wearing a trap and he was clearly nearly out of time. I got off the station and let him try his luck. This is commonsense. He survived because of it. Had I had insisted on trying my luck first, he would have died. I would have been a teammate down for the rest of the match. It would have been selfish as well as stupid.

Point scoring for Survivors, and doing overkill at the expense of the others, is kind of like that.

• shooter507

Yes it did. I just find it incredibly frustrating, all I really want is to get there once. Then I won't care but I just find certain situations where I lose rank, shouldn't happen? Like doing gens and escaping leads to losing rank because no one got any unhooks which loses the benevolence

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Just stop caring about it

• shooter507

I actually really like this idea, this would be awesome if it came to light

• Starr43

You can cheat the chaser emblem system justtt ahhh lilll bit if really feel the need to. When the killer picks up a downed survivor just run in their face for the chase to start then get the heck out of there.. it considers you escaping the chase. I don’t actually know how beneficial it really is towards the emblem but it 100% will start a chance and count as a chase escaped... I think stepping in a trap mid chase vs the Trapper counts as a chase escaped but I don’t recommend that and it may have just been a bug😂

In order to consistently get a pip you have to do a fair amount of everything. You can literally be chased for 5 gens and escape but you won’t pip because you couldn’t touch gens or heal people.. you can also do 5 gens all by yourself.

You’re at the mercy of the other survivors to some extent if they don’t want heals etc. And correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure other survivors being hooked multiple times can hurt your personal emblems. I believe it shows a negative after the game for “hooked survivors minus whatever number”. I could be wrong.

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

As soon as MMR is working properly rank will matter even less than it does now. intil then, I'm stuck in red ranks for both sides since rank reset just sends me back to rank 5.

• Starr43

Will MMR ever truly work though? It sucks getting my butt whooped by a solid squad but a positive spin is I get to see their tile and pathing skills which I enjoy... on the flip side I hate when I’m Killer facing less experienced players.. like I literally feel bad and it’s not fun for anyone.. If I can help it I try to single hook and then let them heal and do gens and then chase and not kill so we all learn and have a little more fun. I’ve had really bad games as killer too so I have no issues sacrificing myself to a killer during endgame as a fun little suicide pact.

I’ll never forget a nurse I faced.. The other survivors BM’ing the hell out of her and I felt horrible so I gave the nurse a flashlight I looted and let her try to land close range blinks on me. I think the others saw what was up because they stopped being so cruel.. I get it, the game can be competitive but behind every survivor and every killer is a fellow human..

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

If you need to play "right" for the pips, i dunno what you actually do, cause I always pip just by playing the game withoud minding emblems at all. Its already far too easy to get rank 1 on both sides. Its always embarassing to see other redranks playing like newbies.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

The best thing to really do is to just not worry about it that much. I remember getting rank 1 survivor for the first time (late last year) and I was so nervous about it. I was so fixated on it that I would constantly be checking my emblems. About 2 months after that I stopped caring and just played for fun and I realized I kept getting back to rank 1. I didn't have to try hard for it and slowly realized that by just playing and improving my skill I was piping pretty much every game.

Pro tip: just focus on having fun and you will get it without having to worry. If you want to try my perk build you can. Its nothing fancy but I like it.

Wglf, kindred, exhaustion ( I like dh), desperate measures or well make it.

Honestly the only perks I really stand by in this build are kindred and an exhaustion perk the other two can be whatever.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

Just ignore the ranks.. everyone is rank 1 nowadays and it doesnt mean anything anymore. i wish i would de-rank from 1 to 20 so i can atleast plunder my chest and have chill games. with all the potatoes its just more frustrating then fun.

• shooter507

I kinda just wanted it once for the satisfaction of getting it and the steam achievement haha

• shooter507

I've try to but its so frustrating watching it not go anywhere most of the time when I really felt like I did what I could of done, I just wish it was a bit more fine tuned as I never have any problems ranking up as killer, I always know why I lost rank or why I gained it

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

It Sounds like you just aren't experienced enough as survivor. I was in the same place you are but with killer. Lucky for me though mmr came out and I abused it to get the rank 1 achievement. I came to find out that the issue was I wasn't experienced in the killer roll. But now since I started playing way more killer I've been in rank 1 every month and getting a 2-4k pretty much every game. But I still have those games where I get absolutely dominated.

Honestly the most frustrating thing is probably just knowing that you haven't got the rank 1 achievement. Everything after that is smooth sailing imho.