Everything wrong with BT/DS in about 35 seconds

https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyEndearingDunlinDansGame

Because there are people on this forum who still consider them strictly anti-camping and anti-tunneling perks in the hands of good players. All it needed was unbreakable added into the mix.

Comments

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

You must have missed that whole unbreakable part, you know, which can be paired with soulguard to just stand up in front of the killer penalty free or even baited.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Shouldnt have tunneled i guess?

• DaKnight
    edited October 2020

Well I had a thread before where I said I attempted to deliberately not camp or tunnel and still lost to this combination, and probably had 20-30+ people just telling me I needed to play better. I didn't see an absolutely perfect example of how it happened until now (at least not on record).

If that meg had BT/Unbreakable instead kindred and head-on, she could have mindlessly rushed the unhook after finishing the gen as well. That's what happened to me.

Ironically, the nicest killer I have found to play is Pyramid head since you can deliver survivors to the team to be saved for free but don't have to deal with these perks.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

Are you talking about Pyramid Head or? Because he was already changed.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

I dont see any issue in this Clip despite the killers doing several mistakes.

• DaKnight

That's not the point? It could be at 5 gens, or it could be at 1 gen left. Does it matter?

The point is that it can be done, completing generators under a shield of invincibility. It should not be possible. It doesn't matter if the trapper missed a swing. All it would have taken is an unbreakable to correct it.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Nothing wrong with BT. Only DS needs an alteration.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I mean this is the killer being gifted free downs and survivor pressure that he had no business having.

• DaKnight

See my post above. Why should I, as a survivor, be rewarded for doing poorly and being hooked? But then, come off the hook invincible with the ability to save my team and still do objectives? That meg didn't have the full build for it, but I still go against it every single day of DBD.

• DaKnight

I don't see how that is relevant. Just because he decided not to bring in the build doesn't mean it does not exist, or that it is not used. This clip is literally 2 perk slots from being everything I wanted it to be. It is halfway there. I almost don't believe people arguing against me have played killer into the 4 man SWFs running all of this along side instant medkits and potentially keys.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533
    edited October 2020

Bro I main killer and have been consistent rank 1 for a long time, I've gone up against my fair share of 4-man sweat squads. Yes, communication like that breaks the game, but we all know this by now, and quite frankly I think people are getting sick of the same old "aw 4-man swf no fun as killer :(" posts. The game is balanced for solo survivor whether anyone likes it or not. Besides, people need to stop acting like it's impossible to beat 4-man SWFs with meta perks. You CAN beat them if you're good enough.

My problem with this post was that you're complaining about something that isn't shown in the clip. Why show a clip of a Meg who is unhooked with BT and uses the endurance to finish the FIRST gen of the game? The killer also hooks 2 other people quickly after that. This clip does NOT show any DS uses, Unbreakable and/or Soul Guard uses, so why use this as your example? 3 hooks this early as Trapper of all killers is a really good start for him. Maybe I have a hard time believing you play killer enough to know exactly what you're talking about.

• DaKnight

I am complaining about a survivor who is using their "anti camping" and "anti tunneling" perks to complete objectives. I don't care if the rest of the team is terrible, all that needed to be shown was the meg doing objectives while invincible and the perks that could be run to further exacerbate that. I am sorry if you cannot understand the potential.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Okay but you don't have to be so condescending, I understand completely what you're saying COULD happen, but the fact of the matter is, it did NOT happen. Meg would've finished that gen regardless of if she had DS or not because she used the endurance from BT to do it. She wasn't relying on her DS because she risked a 360 that the killer actually missed, which is the ONLY reason she made it to the locker. She would've been slugged otherwise WITHOUT Unbreakable. This is NOT a survivor abusing the perk, this is the killer making a mistake and being punished for it. I am sorry that YOU cannot understand what I am saying :)

• DaKnight

You just told me you don't think I know what i'm talking about.

I thought it was a great clip. The survivor without hesitating runs to the gen after being unhooked, because there is no fear of death. I have no problem with the player doing it, it is optimal. But it happens literally all the time, with or without the full build for it. And there is absolutely no counter, unless you are pyramid head.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020

That's just another example of a lose-lose situation for Killers. You don't camp and tunnel, people tell you to get good. You camp and tunnel and they'll say the same thing. They won't admit to it though and will act like everything's okay.

Pyramid Head denying BS and DT is one of the reasons why I love playing as him. Of course Survivors complain that they don't get to use those perks as crutches to help them out of any situation.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473

When no one asked for that #########? Pyramid Heads are rare enough before they change him and now these players will again be more rare...like BHVR just giving a middle finger to those players because "we want to make the game fun and easy for survivors"! Yeah sure, BHVR could remove all strong killers and every survivors will be happy

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,814

The Trapper made a lot of mistakes in this clip, which is why it went badly for him. DS and BT really weren't the issue.

1) He should not have picked up the survivor that he dropped at the beginning of the clip. He should have gone back to the hook.

2) Once he did pick up the survivor again, he should have heard the gen repairs going on like 4 feet away. He could have turned around and hit the Meg on the gen and/or re-dropped the survivor the survivor that was on his shoulder in order to prevent the gen from popping.

3) He whiffed his second swing after deep wounding the Meg.

Could DS use a nerf? Yes. Could BT? I don't think it needs one, but I wouldn't be opposed. Still, this is not a lose/lose. The Trapper just badly misplayed this.

Whataboutism aside, though, I'd love if you could tell me how to counter zoning. If there's a way to counter Deathslinger or Pyramid Head in a chase I would love to know what it is.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921
    edited October 2020

What new "Healing build" Something like Self-Care (better medkit efficiency) with Botany Knowledge (MOAR EFFICIENCY and faster healing), Resilience (Faster healing when injured) and Desperate Measures/We'll make it (more fast healing) with an upgraded medikit?

Or is it something like a purple medkit with StreetWise, Selfcare, Built to Last, and Botany for an extra long lasting medkit?

First time I've heard of a "new healing build" and IMHO while stacking those perks does give you some great self-healing, it means you have no DS or exhaustion perks.

• Hazz1123
    Hazz1123 Member Posts: 42

It doesn't matter that there isn't a counter. Borrowed time last 15 seconds, which means the ONLY time this situation can occur is if the unhooked survivor is right next to the gen which is almost fully repaired. And THAT is only possible when survivors are doing gens next to a survivor who just got downed and/or hooked - perfect opportunity for slugging. The survivors traded a hook for a gen, and it required at least three of them to be involved in the whole mess. The killer had a great opportunity to apply pressure but didn't. (Although I don't know exactly what happened beforehand, I can't imagine it wouldn't be different to what I said though.) The killer should've slugged, and he would've come out on top. Why was he dropping and picking up the same survivor? The only reason the Med went for the gen is because the killer wasn't applying the pressure he could've.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

The ‘legalize’ definitions for the intent of these perks do not change what the perks do. It feels like these are problems for noobs amplified by funny twitchies.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277
  • Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473

Not for me, Off crossplay and with Crossplay, they are quite rare