Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do you have to play as Lisa to get Philip's lore?

quelaag
quelaag Member Posts: 31

In Tome IV. I don't get it. I haven't unlocked every single lore entry for both, but I don't care about spoilers.

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

No reason, they just wanted to have Hag be played for a challenge.

Same thing for needing to play Kate for Dwight's lore.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

Because the characters are the focus of the tome, so they each get a challenge at each tier of the tome (or stuff to do with their perks.)

The only reason the lore is spread like that is so that every 2 weeks when a new tier unlocks, you complete 1 story. So Hag's finished first but there's still got to be challenges for her.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

I'm still mad about this. I'm not buying Kate to get Dwight's lore. Especially after buying her teachables for earlier challenges.

For anyone who's interested but doesn't want to spend the money, all the entries are available on the gamepedia.

• quelaag
    quelaag Member Posts: 31

If the characters are the focus of the tome, then the gameplay should be linked to the lore. You should play a character to uncover their story, not be forced to spend money for someone else's lore. They could easily have had a Hag challenge unlock more generic lore, or simply exist as a challenge that didn't unlock lore.

You're presenting this as an answer to my question and it categorically is not, because it doesn't explain why playing as LISA is required to unlock PHILIP'S lore. I didn't ask 'why does Lisa have a challenge in later levels.'

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81

Maybe Hag is Wraith's best friend. Wraith will only reveal his traumatized past to his most intimate friend. That's why you have to play as Lisa to get it. L-O-L.