Which killers are actually dead?

Options
Rareware0192
Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
edited October 2020 in Lore

There’s the obvious ones like Spirit and Oni. I’m assuming Nurse is also deceased. Anyone know who all the dead killers are?

Post edited by Inji on

Comments

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    Options

I think hag is still alive. In a magical cannibal kinda way

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yeah, all of their lore reveals that each killer was alive at the instant the entity collected them, even Rin as she was bleeding out, and Hag as she took her last breath. Also, Plague seemed to be closing in on death when she was brought to the entity’s realm.

If anyone, I would say possibly Myers w/o the pure evil inside him that keeps him fueled, has sustained enough life ending wounds over the course of his life to be considered dead.

Amanda died by a gunshot to the neck, but the lore ignores that truth.

Freddy is the only one who actually, physically died.

PH is mystery, idek about him.

EDIT:

Forgot about Oni

He was killed, also.

Post edited by Xyvielia on
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited October 2020
    Options

My presumption was all of them. My understanding is that every survivor and killer experienced a kind of death when being taken by the fog, without it necessarily having felt like dying.

I.e. they’re not even aware that they’re dead.

• Xyvielia
    Options

Which is interesting, because should this be the reality, then we can’t refer to them as their former selves (Jeffery, Anna, Amanda, Max, Evan etc.) since that part of them no longer exists. They have become their Killer identities as the humans they once were, flowing with natural life, have been abandoned for the entity’s power energizing them.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

For original characters

Spirit killed by her father

Oni- Killed by villagers

Hag- Killed by cannibals ( you could argue she transformed before death so technically not dying but I'm still going to add her)

Licensed

Freddy - Killed by vengeful parents

Amanda - Murdered by Jeff (no not that one)

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I'd say the nurse in additions to what others have said given her skin is turning greenish gray from what seems to be necrosis.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Pyramid head isn't exactly alive. He a manifestation in silent hill that punishes the sinners.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2020
    Options

She's most likely still alive, but i like to think that the Plague died to that disease she likes to vomit.

Have you ever seen the zombie ants? They're a real thing.

So this lady's simply been taken over by a beefed-up version of that, and it's using her memories to make her speak and act like her old self.

But her own life's already gone, the body belongs to the goopy goo now.

But that's just me.

I'm severely lacking on Silent Hill lore btw: Is Executioner alive?

Or is it a spawn of hell?

Or does it not even exist and Silent Hill 2 is just a bad dream?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited October 2020
    Options

i dont think any are actually dead.

though some have come very very close to death, they never actually died.

Spirit for example was taken in by the entity mere seconds before she would have died, which creates this connection with the spirit world she has where she fades in and out of it all the time.

Oni also never died, he was beaten and left for dead, but then just disappeared.

i think you can say that the body of some killers has died (Spirit or Nurse for example), but their brain never did, otherwise they wouldnt be with us today.

(that was the entire explanation behind us getting Amanda instead of John for the Saw chapter, that the Entity cant abduct dead people)

• Xyvielia
    Options

Alright, yeah I though it was something like that. I wasn’t entirely sure about the Silent Hill lore, but I figured he was the equivalent of a centobite or sth.

• BadWraithMain
    BadWraithMain Member Posts: 25
    Options

PH is.. kinda alive and not at the same time. I can explain it but it'll contain SH2 spoilers and idk how y'all feel about having that spoiled.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Spirit is.......a spirit right? So isn't she technically dead? I mean her limbs are all severed and stuff.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Life and death have are non-linear in the Entity's realm. We can argue if anyone was alive in their dimension when they were taken, but what happens after that is a gray area.

Take sacrificed survivors for example. We know for a fact they are resurrected after the trial.

Even those who get discarded into the Void, survivors and killers alike. We know they're empty shells of no use to the Entity, but there's no indication of them being dead. And even if they were, death is reversible by the Entity.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

If my theory is to be believed, ALL of them are.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

You can put it in a spoiler tag.

Like so...

Pyramid Head loves lolis.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

Look at him. Looks can tell you a ton about if they're dead or not. He has these ghostly white eyes and in the trailer you can see him move his dislocated jaw back into place. If that's not undead, I don't know what is.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Silent hill is in another dimension that somehow summon the sinners. The lore is interesting if I do say so myself.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

The eyes are the entity's work. The jaw has been broken for a while (see the jaw smasher addon). the entity ramped up the creepy, but I think he's very much alive.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

Well most original killers have non human eyes, huntress and clown have pure black eyes so the entity clearly changes peoples eyes. You can survive with a broken jaw, and the wound is clearly healed

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options
  • Mister_xD
    Options

well, in the Devs version Amanda "was never shown to have died", so the Entity took her mere seconds before death, much like Spirit later.

at least thats why they said John didnt make it in, as he had indeed died on screen.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

But Amanda died on screen in fact she died before John.

( side note I think it's kind of sad that Amanda didn't realise how much John truly care about her.

She thought she was just a pawn in the end and her last memory of him was his utter disappointment in her that she failed her test.

Despite all that Amanda along with Jill was one of the last things John thought back to as he was dying he was disappointed in her but doesn't mean he didn't still love her like a daughter)

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

Dying is not an issue for the Entity, survivors coming back from the trials are a proof of that, so the important thing is if the entity decides to revive the person as they were or not complete the job and bring them back as some sort of an undead. So there is a difference between the killers that died in the past but are shown to be alive in the present thanks to “Death not being an escape” and those that are shown as actual undead, living corpses t hat we can’t say that they are alive, no heart pumping, no brain activity, nothing. And even in that case, they don’t need to have died to become undead, given that the Entity can transform people into all sorts of things. But in my opinion, the Killers that are specifically undead are these:

-The Spirit

-The Nurse

-Freddy Krueger

-The Plague: Yes, you could say that she not a zombie, that despite her disease, she is being kept alive dying thanks to the Entity, but if half of your body is nothing but necrotic and decomposed flesh ,I think that you qualify as an undead. Also, a the official lore images, we saw her in the caves looking like a corpse:

-Some of the Blight outfits may qualify as undead, like the Wraith one having a hole in his chest, but the serum changes theie biology so much that you don’t know what exactly the transformed killers are.

-The Trapper outfit “Seaside Psycho” that looks like a sea zombie, showing a hook in his head.

-The Wraith outfit, “Weathered Scarecrow”, it may be just an animated scarecrow, but it is clearly not a living being anymore.

- It is possible that the Hag may be an undead, less of a person that was revived in a wrong way and more the Entity transforming her into something that you can’t consider as “alive” anymore, but is hard to tell.

And Killers that have died in the past but have returned to the world of the living:

-The Pig: My interpretation is that she really did die, but the Entity just revived so fast that she didn’t realize it.

-The Oni: I think he died in the backstory, but the Entity just brought him back to life, fully transformed as the Oni.

-The Doctor outfit from the previous tome, “Naval Warfare”, specially mentions that he came back to life. Although he could be an undead.

-The Demogorgon?: This is only if this demo is meant to be the same Demogorgon of Season 1, that Eleven killed in the finale. I think the Entity has the means to bring it back if it wanted to do so, but it could be also just another random Demogorgon from the Upside Down.

• Mister_xD
    Options

according to the devs, when she laid there, bleeding out on the floor, she was still alive.

it wasnt shown when exactly she died, unlike John (whose exact moment of death actually played a big role in the story), so the entity chose her in her last few seconds, off screen.

their explanation of why we got Amanda instead of John back then was, because "the Entity can not take dead people" - they must be alive in the moment they get abducted, a trend that they havent broken up till today. they always mention the person "disappearing" without a trace, no sign whether they are stil alive or not.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

No killer died in the real world. As it has already been said devs confirmed the Entity can't abduct dead people.

Some killers were mere seconds close to death in their previous life, that's for sure. But they were all snatched just before dying.

Same for the survivors. Bill was taken seconds before his death in the L4D universe.

• Sif
    Sif Member Posts: 51
    Options

Where did they say that the Entity can't abduct dead people?

Wasn't Victor dead for many years before being taken and revived?

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited November 2020
    Options

They said it in an old stream some time ago. But it's true, the new chapter apparently retconned it

Victor was indeed dead and then resurrected by the Entity.

• abc_9000
    abc_9000 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 137
    Options

so far for me i think its hillbilly because he got beaten up good from his dad and leatherface has not been eating right in his life.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

Not in all cases. While yes, Freddy is "dead" the entity offered to let him partake in the trials and he accepted iirc.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited November 2020
    Options

(Oh oops. Deleted. Didn’t realise I was saying exactly the same thing in exactly the same thread)

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

you know, I would say this as a theory

I believe the Entity can revive people from the dead, only that theirs would be lost and messed up, if it happens to a survivor, then they would go insane and unable to do anything, same goes with killers, they could attack survivors but unable to be placed on hooks.

which is why it allow Victor to be the exception, with him hunting down the survivors while his sister hooks them.

back to the John topic, yeah, the Entity can't abduct dead people, but can bring people who are dying and put them in the realm where their wounds are healed or have no pain. remember, it can abduct anyone from any time, I don't know how the picking process works, but I believe it tries to make sure its existance isn't noticed, so it can only abduct a certain person at the right moment.

the reason it adducted Amanda instead of John is because while John is the true Jigsaw killer, he doesn't 'kill' per say, he gives people a chance to survive his games. while Amanda believes that people should die, which is why she made unwinnable games which leads to her downfall, so out of the two, Amanda would be more easier to control than John.

(also for my earlier statement, that means Amanda literally disappeared in front of John, Jeff and Lynn, but all three would die right after anyway, so it wouldn't matter, just that when the police arrive at the scene, they never recover Amanda's body)

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,004
    Options

Picking process is usually anyone filled with some sort of rage and/or capable of destruction while still being controlled. For the former, in the case of The Spirit, the entity originally was aiming for Rin's father, but sensed the rage and despair in Rin and decided she was a much more worthwhile killer. For the latter, Leatherface. He doesn't understand the trials, only that the survivors will somehow have him killed (a fear carried over from the real world) and the entity replacing his parents who he always listened to.

I also like the dynamic with Amanda. John wasn't a good fit for killer because he had a "one and done" concept (which he only ignored for those who had done something horrible again), and would only target people he knew did bad. None of the survivors really fit this MO, a lot of them actually helped people throughout life and were at worst just loners who drifted by and caused no-one harm.

Amanda wasn't so restrained, willing to attack anyone she saw as evil and put them in almost if not completely unwinnable positions, and would most likely only get madder if someone did survive the traps.

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

for the picking process, yeah I know which one the Entity picks to be abducted, and I know it can change its mind, I'm just talking about when it abducts the survivor/killer, it could abduct them at any moment.

for the killers case, it's usually after they killed someone like Legion or if they're in a situation where they would of been killed or arrested if it wasn't for the Entity.

For survivors, it's more difficult, but it's mostly when they're alone.

or for both case, when they're on the edge of death, like Bill, Adam, Rin and Amanda and the Entity would rather use them than let them go to waste. in a way, the Entity saved them from their demise, only to face a fate worse than death.