Yep, I'm done

Dpooly
Dpooly Member Posts: 474

This game has seriously devolved into a toxic dumpster fire...I remember when I first started playing Dbd thinking, 'There's no other game quite like this' and having fun win or lose (mostly lose lol). It seems nobody plays this for fun anymore, it's just one side trying to end the round as quickly as possible with no regard for the other side whether it be Survivors pounding out gens in 4 minutes, Survivors sandbagging teammates for their own amusement, Killers facecamping and Mori'ing in the first two minutes of the match, Killers tunneling and/or slugging every hook they get...the list could go on for pages but you get the point. The janky spaghetti code this game is built on spews tons of bugs with every update and devs just keep piling on the sauce to cover it up instead of actually fixing the issues despite the numerous complaints but hey, give us $15 dollars for a skin...yeah right, eat my shorts. I know several of you 'know-it-alls' on these forums are just gonna say something along the lines of 'You won't be missed' and you can save it, I don't care because people like you are the problem. In the end, I feel this post is pointless but regardless, just wanted to say my piece before I left. Deuces.

Comments

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

No, this topic is not useless, it's even about what I'm saying... How many Bubba on a game? Many, how many camp? A LOT.

Why? Decisive, DH, Boro, etc. these perks are not toxic it's the SWF teams that are toxic... because of that the killers become Mori, so we eat more tunnel and camp! The nerve of the killers doesn't help anything, that's to say, tryhard if you want to play with this killer... we prefer nerve the killers than to repair the mechanics of the game, it was to be expected!

Survivor:

-Rush gen, finish the game in less than 4 min, and get out...

-Tbag the killer before going out

- "EZ" at the end of the game to make me feel strong

Killer:

-The previous part was **** they're going to pay for it.

- "A SWF team in the lobby, mory."

- "He's pissing me off with his billions of loops, I'm camping!"

Here's the game.

Players leave and come back, but when another game replaces DBD, they will leave and will not come back anymore...

The best thing is that the developers are putting the killers back... The nurse was perfect, she would have only needed a gauge, and to keep the 3 teleports (for example)... I don't understand why to remove a teleport and put a gauge on it... it doesn't make sense ! And finally, to study the survivor problem to allow the survivor to have a chance, and not bombard the survivor with TOXIC perks which are more useful to SWF than to the random survivor !

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231

I agree with some points. Especially the grind in this game is horrible. I don't want to play for hours just so i get better perks and i don't want to grind for weeks just so i can play the killer i just bought for money play the way i want to.

Oni without infectious fright? It's only half the fun, but to get infectious fright on Oni with almost all killers i needed 4,5 million BP. It's ######### insane and worse then any asia grinder. It is not fun and playing specific perks or builds just because you get the most BP with it also hinders people to go other way's and experiment with new builds.

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

You're certainly not alone

I've been playing since February so I too am (relatively) new at this game. I've hit the point a few times where I've felt like I'm just done but I always come crawling back like the lil ######### I am :D

Ultimately it comes down to the fun v frustration balance. When I first started, the fun heavily outweighed frustration, even with the new player issues (not quite knowing what I'm doing, running into killers I couldn't figure out how to handle, dealing with campers as new killers tend to gravitate towards the new killer tactics like camping).

However, the more I play, the less this balance is on the fun side and goes to the frustration side. Maybe that's just the way it goes as I'm in high ranks now (I haven't been RR1 in a while but I'm almost always in Red Ranks). Killers and Survivors at Red Ranks have been around the block at this point and know exactly what they need to do to be the most efficient and win.

As a killer, it feels often like there's really nothing you can do about it because everybody knows what they should be doing and they do it very well. As a survivor, I often wonder where in the hell all these players that I go up against as killer are as I have run into some of the dumbest, most cowardly players ever as I only play solo in this game (how some of these people are allegedly red ranks is baffling).

For now at least, I enjoy the game enough that I keep playing but who knows how long that will last now?

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Not in my neck of the woods. Every sever isn't the same.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

It is sad to hear another player leave the game because of the toxicity. However if you feel the need to leave, then it is fine. Even long-time veterans of the game take breaks out of frustration or even leave completely. Just know that not everyone is toxic and there are people out there who make the game fun for everyone instead of mori-ing off first hook and griefing teammates.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Thats fair. I still play the game, but only survivor.

Used to main killer, never again.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

You need to adjust how you play the game so that you, at least, have fun. Find what is fun to you, play that, and do your best to not add to the toxicity.

Lately I've been playing Freddy, because I feel less stressed while playing him instead of other killers. Which has resulted in a more enjoyable experience for me, and I don't feel the need to be toxic to the survivors. Moreover I have been trying to use less perks that are considered meta.

For survivor, I love Head On. I find that bonking a killer unexpectedly brings me joy.

Tl;dr: Play what makes you happy, try to avoid being toxic. If someone is toxic to you, don't let them know its working.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

I feel you. I only ever play the game for the rift skins and then I drop the game until the next rift comes out because I have no fun playing on this game no matter what side I'm on.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I, too, can relate.

On behalf of all the good players in this community, please accept our deepest apologies for the toxic part of the community turning your life into hell while playing Dead by Daylight. Us "good players" have to say sorry, because they themselves will never say sorry for being toxic.

All I can say is I hope you return some day.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

I do think they need to change the games foundation and shake up the core gameplay but who knows if they will.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The phrase "hate the game, not the player" definitely comes to mind when I see posts like this. Imo complaining about the dumb ######### in the game (something I'm very familiar with because I moan about this game all the time lmao) is fine but I couldn't care less if people actually decide to use the dumb #########. Quite tired of seeing all of these "survivor and killer play in mean way and it hurts my feelings :(" posts.

• StudMuffin
    StudMuffin Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2020

As someone who plays this game everyday, I still find this game just as much fun as 1 year ago when I first played it. I'm on console so can't see chat, which avoids some toxicity I guess.

I don't play killer because I find it rather rage inducing.

As survivor it is great fun about 95% of the time. I reckon I am in the gen rushing survivor category, and don't particularly care how good/bad game the killer is having. I just avoid actively trying to annoy the killer.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

Never have I ever went into a pvp game and felt the opposing side should make sure I have fun.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Survivor is sitll kinda fun to me, frustrating kinda fun when playing with randommers because they can do some sillycrap because they dont have the info I do.

and fun as well playing with friends.

Killer for me for some reason is just....rather pointless, idk its soooo rare to qualify something as a good game, either I completely walk all over the survivors or I dont make much of a dent, but either way I feel pretty much nothing playing killer, its just a big pile of meh to me for some reason.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Dude this community isn't even that bad , other games have a way more toxic community than this one , I have a friend who runs a conan server and you can die on raids and respawn but if you die in a PVP fight then you either die permanently or you can choose to stay alive and get sold into slavery in a big venue like a auction to be someone's ######### and farm all their material and if you run away from it the people that sold you will recapture you and leave you in chains and feed you to make sure you can't die and always spawn in there captured , that in itself is way more toxic than anything you can do in this game

• NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

I can’t agree anymore than. What your saying . I was 3 killer for years and 1-3 in survivor. Now the game has changed . It gotten super complicated- as far you being left and ingnored on hooks or all surv ringing new part boxes to rush . There should be penalties for camping and other stuff . The quit button needs to be taking away . If they want to give up fine. But it doeshelo nobody. I had killers for after me tight off the hook just do it and it’s DS game now . If you don’t have it , your dead quicker . They go by other survivors just to get you dead ASAP. I get it . I love horror . Not Donkeys .

get out

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    edited October 2020

i'm waiting on cyberpunk 2077 and cod zombies, waiting on dmc 5 SE too but that can wait.

Anyway find an another game to play that will make you forget dbd for a while, that's what i'm waiting to be honest, i love pvp but right now this game as no win condition and his super toxic.

And no wonder why it's toxic, no win condition and structure = toxic strategies and perk usage are rampant since escaping , 3-4k at all cost or ruining the game for someone can be consider winning.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Yep they can’t fix what people see as issues because no condition on what’s really a win or suppose to be fair and fun. So while to one person an ebony Mori feels like a cheap win to others it may be what they consider a win. Until there is a set win condition and the major issues get fixed I’m playing dbd less and less until release of cod zombies then I’ll be done altogether.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Amen. I've taken a break as well. The grind is stupid. I was basically treating this game like a part time job. When it's fun it's very fun. But lately it just hasn't been all that fun.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

OMG. YES. If they truly want to feel a rage entitled game definitely try out Idv

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

100% plus everything i mentioned previously. I was on it so much that even when i bought games i wanted to play and experience..id skip over them just to make myself stress over dbd. Oh well I still hope dbd succeeds, just dont think I should play anymore.

• xevra
    xevra Member Posts: 35

imagine playing a team based survival game and calling groups of friends toxic for playing together SwF is not toxic its literally a team survival game and in what horror movie did the survivors not communicate killers seriously get over yourselves you literally just want survivors to run no perks/items and just line up for kills stop calling everything a survivor does toxic medkits/toolboxes are not toxic swf not toxic bring a mori because a group of ppl are playing together is toxic

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i hope you find a game thats more enjoyable for you!

and who knows, maybe we'll see you return one day?

whatever the future brings, i wish you the best of luck ^^

bye o/

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Lets be real here for just a moment: pretty much everyone is just waiting for Cyberpunk at this point, no one blames you it's like 40days until release. Trust me bro, I understand.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Exactly! DBD can be an absolute blast to play! When this game fires on all cylinders it is hands down some of the most fun I've ever had! But the skewed matchmaking, the bugs, the massive grind, the disconnects, and the stress of it all takes a toll on you. Every time I get eager to play a killer match, I get so apprehensive that I ultimately bow out. I hate the way this game makes me feel. 😔

• quazzi76
    quazzi76 Member Posts: 77

Please divulge what super power you have for hearing over long distance? What super power let's you see far off in the distance? Unless using walkie-talkies, cell phones, or tin-can & string. I call BS. Real Survivor's can only communicate when they meet up in person, if by chance. If all game survivor's are using same platform and speaking to each other that is a load of B. S. But you are entitled to your own opinion but think about it logically.

• xevra
    xevra Member Posts: 35

i guess you never heard of cell phones and texting even in the later Halloween movies (resurrection) for instance the only horror movies that didnt have tons of comms was the classics before cell phones even existed

• quazzi76
    quazzi76 Member Posts: 77

I guess you didn't finish reading the hole thing. You read the first and maybe 2nd sentence and stopped. If you had finished it, you would have seen comment about cell phones, walkie-talkies, or tin-can & string. Please reread if you will, then rethink answer, and then comment that would be grand. Thank you.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

That is quite the interesting point. I mean I really never had in any pvp game have to consider how much fun my opponent is having, I didn't need to because the assumption is that when you play the game you have fun even tho you are being rekt right now or you stomp me.

Does that mean that dbd is filled with so much bs that we know the other side is not having any fun and it is very frustrating so we should make sure they have at least somewhat amount of fun? Or is the community of dbd filled with snowflakes who should admit that they actually have fun playing the game even tho there are frustrating moments while playing the game?

🤔

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

The problem isn't the playerbase, it's the devs. The players should not be responsible for the experience of the opposition. Complaints about camping and gen times didn't start last month, they started 4 years ago. The core game mechanics are totally out of wack now, especially considering the amount of new killers, perks, and general power creep. In the past, the devs have been very good at putting band-aids on things, and lately huge overhauls, but they seem unwilling or unable to effect change where it's truly needed. So the balance of power swings back and forth, but none of the truly aggravating things about the game ever get fixed.