DBD Stadia is, like, shockingly good.

Like, it runs really, really well. I just got Stadia's free trial for giggles, but... I mean, it's actually really awesome. Still need to nerf Bubba tho :/

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

That's really cool to hear actually. I've never been entirely happy when I've tried "cloud gaming" type services in the past, but then again I'm extremely sensitive to input lag and even the smallest performance hiccups.

But I still find the technology itself very interesting and cool and I really hope it's successful enough to be improved upon more and more 👍️

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    edited October 2020

What sort of system are you running it on? For me it was terrible... major input delay, especially with the mouse on Chrome on a MS SurfaceBook2. When on Chromecast on TV there was still delay, especially with skill checks. The skill check clock was microscopic on my 65" 4k tv.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Where are you from? Maybe it's because you playing right from your office of google data center?

• StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

Is this an ad? The game's latency fundamentally breaks the game even when the files are stored locally. I can't imagine how screwed up grabs, windows, and pallets are when you're streaming the game.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Considering how ads must be disclosed that they're ads under law I'd say no, it isn't.

• StevePerryPsychOut

I mostly meant it as a joke, but laws only count if someone enforces them.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It's okay; we can just make laws stating that you have to enforce laws. :P

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I just dumped my ps4 after trying it on stadia. It's amazing how much better it runs than it does on ps4. It sucks to start over but I can't go back now after noticing the huge improvement in fps. Loving stadia.

• goatslinger

also, if you want to swf some time let me know. VincentVanGoat

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

I've heard really good feedback about how well the game runs on Stadia, I've not had time to test it out myself yet (will do that on the weekend), but the information I have so far, is that it's running really well.

FYI Cross Progression isn't enabled yet, I saw someone mention it in this thread.

• StevePerryPsychOut

If this is true, this is actually fascinating. Is it possible that stadia hasn't implemented servers and is still P2P? I know for me that's when the game took a real downturn and latency truly became really bad.

• goatslinger

I don't know honestly. But I have played for 3 years on my ps4 pro. One match on Stadia was all it took for me to make the switch. It runs so much smoother. It's amazing being able to see survivors the entire time while playing killer lol.

• goatslinger

Can confirm that it runs light years better than the console version. At least the ps4 version.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

The Stadia version is using the same server infrastructure.

• undoredo
    undoredo Member Posts: 92

No. I just had a good experience, thought I'd share. I'm aware this is a joke, but like, it was pretty darn good for streaming.

Couldn't have worded this better :)

I couldn't get cross progression with Steam figured out, so I just started fresh for giggles. Other than the one time where my game straight up closed (it saved my spot I just had to re-enter, essentially not moving for 10 seconds), it was a pretty decent experience. Again, PC over Stadia any day, but DANG it was impressive.

Input delay was very minimal. Playing a Stadia rhythm game would be a nightmare, but the tiny bit of latency here doesn't kill the experience.

Obviously I won't give exact location, but Eastern US

Thanks for clarifying ^^

• thrawngrows
    thrawngrows Member Posts: 1

I've played Stadia since day 1 and I'm a 37 year old lifetime casual/semi-hc gamer from NES up to current gen. Stadia absolutely has its issues but 98% of the time its the internet in the home or sometimes - Doom Eternal release was a big one - initial poor stadia optimization.

If you're running Stadia on wireless and using the router that your provider installed you're probably going to have a bad time on Stadia. No matter what make sure that you connect whatever you're streaming on to the 5Ghz network.

Stadia is absolutely dependent on having a great internet connection and a solid local network, but if you've got that its really really awesome and the very low input lag is either not noticeable or easily compensated for.

DBD plays great imo, I'm also on level 6 in thumper with a lot of perfect stages and have beaten Just Shapes and Beats a few times for whoever was talking about rhythm games.

• consigno
    consigno Member Posts: 2

For anyone that is having issues with Stadia, check out the Stadia subreddit. There are plenty of people there that can help you troubleshoot your issues. Mouse latency is one that pops up every so often that I see.