Trash camping

So tired of killers who decide to camp every person they hook. I can not wait until they start penalizing for it.

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Nothing will change. Killers dontcamp to to get a good emblem score.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Those who don't care about rank still will.
    If it gives an advantage in the situation, they still will.
    If they are annoyed by you, they still will.

This is just a pure guess, but unless they're going for the R1 achievement, you're not going to encounter much less campers.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Less than 20% of games has real camping in it. If killer expects someone going for the save and goes back to the hook to hunt the saviour down, that's not camping. If he spotted someone nearby while carrying and hooking and stays close to the hook, that's not camping either.
    1749206 posts have said it: stick to your generator. That's the way to prevent camping. If you try to go for the save, you get what's coming to you :)
  • jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Less than 20% of games has real camping in it. If killer expects someone going for the save and goes back to the hook to hunt the saviour down, that's not camping. If he spotted someone nearby while carrying and hooking and stays close to the hook, that's not camping either.
    1749206 posts have said it: stick to your generator. That's the way to prevent camping. If you try to go for the save, you get what's coming to you :)
    It's camping when they literally just stand in front of the hook survivor and don't even move
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

so just to make things clear:
    you ######### up several times:
    you screwed up the stealth game, you screwed up the first part of the hunt AND you screwed up the second part of the hunt and now you come here complain about the killer killing you.

instead of going to the forums crying about the killer doing his job, get better at the game ffs!

• jwentzel987
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    So tired of killers who decide to camp every person they hook. I can not wait until they start penalizing for it.

Quit camping they say, it's what baby killers do.
    Ok so maybe killers can get an incentive to not camp and hunt other survivors. Like BBQ?
    Quit running BBQ they say, it's what baby killers use.

You guys are just an endless circle of QQs. Unless you are able to hold M1 down the entire round, you're just not happy. Maybe you need to improve your skills if you are always caught by camping killers.

Yep. You got it man. You know exactly how I play the game...I don't get caught often but when I do, most are campers. Most will actually block the hook altogether as to make sure a survivor can't even attempt an unhook. I also have a perk that let's me see the killer aura when I finish a gen and surprise surprise when you see a killer camping a hooked survivor. No movement, but that's not camping right? 
  • jwentzel987
    Mister_xD said:

you screwed up the stealth game, you screwed up the first part of the hunt AND you screwed up the second part of the hunt and now you come here complain about the killer killing you.

instead of going to the forums crying about the killer doing his job, get better at the game ffs!

Read my comment below. When the actual ######### did I complain about a killer killing me? O #########, I forgot, some people can't read and then just make assumptions. Whoops.
  • DeadByFlashlight

@iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Ok so maybe killers can get an incentive to not camp and hunt other survivors. Like BBQ?

You guys are just an endless circle of QQs. Unless you are able to hold M1 down the entire round, you're just not happy. Maybe you need to improve your skills if you are always caught by camping killers.

If I go afk deranking and give the survivors the possibilty to hold M1 the entire game, then they are not happy either

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@jwentzel987 said:
    Most will actually block the hook altogether as to make sure a survivor can't even attempt an unhook.

What patch is this? Save blocks or real "face camping" was patched out long ago.

• jwentzel987
    Killigma said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    Most will actually block the hook altogether as to make sure a survivor can't even attempt an unhook.

What patch is this? Save blocks or real "face camping" was patched out long ago.

PS4 2.2.2 happened to a friend of mine last night and a couple times through the week.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@jwentzel987 said:
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Yep. You got it man. You know exactly how I play the game...I don't get caught often but when I do, most are campers. Most will actually block the hook altogether as to make sure a survivor can't even attempt an unhook. I also have a perk that let's me see the killer aura when I finish a gen and surprise surprise when you see a killer camping a hooked survivor. No movement, but that's not camping right? 

Rank 13 survivor spotted.

• Mister_xD

@jwentzel987 said:
    Mister_xD said:

Read my comment below. When the actual [BAD WORD] did I complain about a killer killing me? O #########, I forgot, some people can't read and then just make assumptions. Whoops.

which comment do you mean? you literally posted 2 things in this discussion, the 1st being the discussion itself, where you complain about camping and then a comment where you explain what camping is.
    and if you complain about camping, that usually means, that you were the guy on the hook, since why would i complain if i get a free win? i just grab as many points as i can and leave, no problem with that.
    so why do ppl like you complain about camping?
    easy answer: cause you are the guy on the hook, got no chance of making any points and will lose a pip, and there is nothing you can do about this.
    see?
    when you complained about camping, you complained about the killer killing you, or even your friend, that does not even matter. fact is: the person on the hook screwed up and now gets heavily punished for it.
    just live with the consequences then ^^

• jwentzel987
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    Mister_xD said:

Read my comment below. When the actual [BAD WORD] did I complain about a killer killing me? O #########, I forgot, some people can't read and then just make assumptions. Whoops.

which comment do you mean? you literally posted 2 things in this discussion, the 1st being the discussion itself, where you complain about camping and then a comment where you explain what camping is.
    and if you complain about camping, that usually means, that you were the guy on the hook, since why would i complain if i get a free win? i just grab as many points as i can and leave, no problem with that.
    easy answer: cause you are the guy on the hook, got no chance of making any points and will lose a pip, and there is nothing you can do about this.
    see?
    when you complained about camping, you complained about the killer killing you, or even your friend, that does not even matter. fact is: the person on the hook screwed up and now gets heavily punished for it.

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Again. CAN YOU READ? It is not just me. Or my friend. It's other survivors I see being camped. Is that really such a ######### hard thing to grasp? Does your brain not process what it sees properly? I guess not. 
  • jwentzel987
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

O no...I forgot....ranks means everything in this game. Shame on me for not being a R1 survivor because without being R1 I'm not allowed to express my thoughts on bullshit campers. I'm also R11 btw but that doesn't even matter 
  • Mister_xD

@jwentzel987 said:
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Mister_xD said:

see?

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Again. CAN YOU READ? It is not just me. Or my friend. It's other survivors I see being camped. Is that really such a [BAD WORD] hard thing to grasp? Does your brain not process what it sees properly? I guess not. 

same question.
    you obviously didnt read the part of my answer where is said, that it doesnt even matter who is on the hook, so ima gonna ask the same question to you ^^

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@jwentzel987 said:

O no...I forgot....ranks means everything in this game. Shame on me for not being a R1 survivor because without being R1 I'm not allowed to express my thoughts on bullshit campers. I'm also R11 btw but that doesn't even matter 

Triggered bro. That last killer must have really jacked your world up. I bet it was like a Freddy or a Pig too, wasn't it?

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    99.9% of all camping done is stress-induced. You think we are laughing while we camp? We are freaking the ######### out! 
  • jwentzel987
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Triggered bro. That last killer must have really jacked your world up. I bet it was like a Freddy or a Pig too, wasn't it?

Not even close. Huntress. Don't even get me started on those shitboxes for her hatchets. 
  • Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187

they will never fix this issue.
    campers mark themselves as nubs, that's their punishment.

just avoid to lose time around the hook with the camper and go do those fkin gens: the max they can get this way is 2k, not more.

• Mister_xD

@jwentzel987 said:
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Not even close. Huntress. Don't even get me started on those shitboxes for her hatchets. 

and the complains go on...

• jwentzel987
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

The campers I've encountered are either playing as the hillbilly or trapper. This one was the huntress. She face camped the person before I got the hook.
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

calm down there buddy.

• jwentzel987
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

And you keep responding? Lol it's clearly an issue that needs to be fixed. obviously I'm not the only one posting about it. 
  • Mister_xD

@jwentzel987 said:
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

And you keep responding? Lol it's clearly an issue that needs to be fixed. obviously I'm not the only one posting about it. 

why shouldnt i keep responding?
    i just think its funny how you complain about anything a killer does, except letting himself get bullied and give you an ez escape, so yeah. ima gonna stick around <3

• jwentzel987
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

why shouldnt i keep responding?
    i just think its funny how you complain about anything a killer does, except letting himself get bullied and give you an ez escape, so yeah. ima gonna stick around <3

LMAO. Anything a killer does? Lololol. Thanks, I need that laugh.
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    Another anti-camping thread.. I get that it's annoying but it's not bannable or anything. The devs wanted this to be a stratagy and some killers will use it regardless of what others say. I get that it annoys you.. I hate it too.. but the devs said themselves it's not bannable. So if you see someone else being camped just go do gens. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@jwentzel987 said:

If you think there will be less people camping because of the emblem:

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    The new system incentivizes camping if you want to downrank
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Just play killer some time and do 2 things while you're at it: understand the root of the problem, and lead by example. If you're not willing to do that, feel free to keep complaining against the very core of the mechanics of the game.

Hundreds of threads already talking about this. SMH. The equivalent of complaining about survivors running in circles or "gen rushing". Work around it.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Cry some more. I’m sure they’ll listen eventually. 
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

I know I'm newer to the game but since joining the forum I feel like I only want to camp now. Survivor mains really seem upset that they can get caught by the killer and not get a free unhook. Did I miss a memo where getting a guaranteed kill by patrolling the area to keep survivors from unhooking, and maybe getting another hook isn't allowed?

I've actually gotten hate mail for shouldering a survivor who was attempting a rescue. Am I supposed to watch, if I was why is that mechanic in the game!?

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited October 2018

@jwentzel987 said:

Yep. You got it man. You know exactly how I play the game...I don't get caught often but when I do, most are campers. Most will actually block the hook altogether as to make sure a survivor can't even attempt an unhook.

Blocking the unhook prompt AKA Facecamping is no longer possible.

It was patched 1 year ago.

Go back under the bridge.

Post edited by Giche on
  • jwentzel987
    Giche said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Yep. You got it man. You know exactly how I play the game...I don't get caught often but when I do, most are campers. Most will actually block the hook altogether as to make sure a survivor can't even attempt an unhook.

Blocking the unhook prompt AKA Facecamping is not longer possible.

It was patched 1 year ago.

Go back under the bridge.

Funny because it's still happening on PS4 so....
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Try being good at stealth. If you can't do that, try being good at chases. 

Here it comes... 
    G i t
    u
    d
  • jwentzel987

I know I'm newer to the game but since joining the forum I feel like I only want to camp now. Survivor mains really seem upset that they can get caught by the killer and not get a free unhook. Did I miss a memo where getting a guaranteed kill by patrolling the area to keep survivors from unhooking, and maybe getting another hook isn't allowed?

I've actually gotten hate mail for shouldering a survivor who was attempting a rescue. Am I supposed to watch, if I was why is that mechanic in the game!?

There's a huge difference between patrolling and camping as killer
  • Condorloco_26

They should start penalizing for doing gens while killers carry downed survivors :p

• jwentzel987

Here it comes... 
    G i t
    u
    d

I'd give you points for "originality" but I'd just be lying if I did.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Camping is a strategy, it exists in every game. And in the end it only hurts the killer. Go do the gens. The only downside is a survivor getting one-hooked and ruining one game for them. I just had 2 games in under 5 minutes as clown and myers, because survivors were swarming the hook and I slugged all of them. Sometimes survivors force killer to camp the hook. It wasn't fun but I'm not gonna move away so that they can instantly save that person.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

@jwentzel987 said:
    AgentTalon said:

There's a huge difference between patrolling and camping as killer

I get that I was more adding that no matter what you do, face camping or patrolling, you are going to get salty survivors.

• jwentzel987

Just play killer some time and do 2 things while you're at it: understand the root of the problem, and lead by example. If you're not willing to do that, feel free to keep complaining against the very core of the mechanics of the game.

Hundreds of threads already talking about this. SMH. The equivalent of complaining about survivors running in circles or "gen rushing". Work around it.

I play as killer  but never seem to have an issue where it's "normal" to camp.
  • Condorloco_26

@AgentTalon said:

Yeah, you missed the "100 made up rules of chivalrious gameplay, in a game about killing each other"

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Here it comes... 
    G i t
    u
    d

I'd give you points for "originality" but I'd just be lying if I did.
    Lol I would be too.
  • Condorloco_26
    edited October 2018

@jwentzel987 said:

I play as killer  but never seem to have an issue where it's "normal" to camp.

That's what I thought when I didn't understand why was it "normal" for survivors to run around in circles like in the old timey cartoons. The answer is, I hadn't played neither enough time as a survivor, nor at a high enough rank to get the grasp of it. Once I did, I was enlightened. For survivors to survive, they may need to loop. For killers to kill, they may need to camp.

Edit: They both ubersuck. But it's the core mechanics of the game that allow it / encourage it.

• DeadByFlashlight

@jwentzel987 said:
    Mister_xD said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Mister_xD said:

see?

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

iceman2kx said:

@jwentzel987 said:

Again. CAN YOU READ? It is not just me. Or my friend. It's other survivors I see being camped. Is that really such a [BAD WORD] hard thing to grasp? Does your brain not process what it sees properly? I guess not. 

Rank 13 spotted indeed

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I'm currently in the 8-10 rank range as a survivor. I'm generally okay with camping, and consider it a valid strategy (I've defended it plenty of times here). However, for some reason since the DLC dropped the amount of camping I encounter seems to have exploded. It even occurs in situations where it makes no sense whatsoever - last night I actually played against a Hag running MYC who camped every single hook she got. I don't mind it occasionally, but running into it constantly is very, very tiring.

• Condorloco_26

@Justicar said:
    I'm currently in the 8-10 rank range as a survivor. I'm generally okay with camping, and consider it a valid strategy (I've defended it plenty of times here). However, for some reason since the DLC dropped the amount of camping I encounter seems to have exploded. It even occurs in situations where it makes no sense whatsoever - last night I actually played against a Hag running MYC who camped every single hook she got. I don't mind it occasionally, but running into it constantly is very, very tiring.

You were dealing with "not the sharpest tool in the shed" certainly. So what, move on to the next game. The equivalent of encountering the clicky clicky teabagging DS looper types constantly. So what, move on to the next game. They will not penalize any of those, ever.

Or are you actually meme-ing and saying hag traps are counted as camping? (joking)