How do Pig's Traps Work?

Grum_P
Grum_P Member Posts: 79
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

I don't play killer much, heck, I haven't had the game for more than a month, but I bought pig and can't figure out how her traps work. They seem to turn off and on at random and I've read the description but still can't figure it out.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

they turn on once a gen is powered, and turn off in a chase or on hook

• KhaineGB
    KhaineGB Member Posts: 10,623

^ that.

• Grum_P

Oh, why thank you kind sirs! Or madams. Don't want to be rude.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    edited October 2020

When a generator is completed, the trap activates. A 2 1/2 minute timer starts ticking, and the survivor instantly dies once it is over. They can remove the trap by going to one of four jigsaw boxes, and it is random which one has the key. If a survivor tries to leave with an active bear trap on, they die.

Post edited by bubbabrotha on
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

One thing to note, if the last generator has popped, any RBT that you place AFTER that period will not activate (due to the generator popping requirement of them).

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

When a generator is completed, the trap activates. The survivor then has 2:30 to remove it. This can be modified by the add-ons Tampered Timer (-30 seconds) and Jigsaw's Scetch (+30 seconds, +1 box).

When the trap is placed on a survivor, the key is placed in one of the (usually) 4 boxes. The survivor then has to search boxes until they find the key. This can be modified by Jigsaw's Scetch (+1 Box, +30 seconds) Jigsaw's Annointed Plan (+1 Box) and Amanda's Letter (-2 Boxes, 1 RBT, 12m Wall hacks)

The timer is paused when the survivor is :

- On a hook.

- In the "Dying" state.

- Is in a chase with the killer.

If a survivor attemps to leave via an open Exit Gate with an active RBT, then the device will automatically activate, killing the survivor. If they escape through a hatch, it does not.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

2.5 minutes. You can reduce it to 2 minutes with Tampered Timer.

• Grum_P