The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor queues longer than usual? Why?

I can't figure out why the survivor queues have been steadily increasing. There's no way... There's just no way there are less Killers playing in the strongest Killer meta of all time (Hex: Ruin, Hex: Undying, Tinkerer). C'mon peeps!

Comments

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Is Killer queues are ok? I haven't played killer recently but survivors queues actually seem longer.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

They'll never make it ez enough for killers.

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182

If your hex: undying is countered in 60s, you're either very unlucky or blind af. It shows you the survivors aura when they try to break it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

You know I was on both the giving and receiving end of that combo and its far harder to defend then it may sound given that if they stick to cleansing the totem the aura reveal doesn't stay so you'd only have a few seconds into them touching the totem to see them cleansing the totems.

So most survivors(Myself included) wait for the killer to either chase the obsession or hit someone then hop onto the totems when the killer is least likely to notice us and/or least likely to punish them for doing so.

So a lot of the time killers are given a choice to give up their chase and defend the totems and still risk losing them or continue the chase and pray to RNG that undying doesn't go first(Which is a 50/50 chance).

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,710

Probably because we're in the down time between rifts. I imagine people are just taking a break.

• List_of_concerns

I wish I could vote this response as the winner!

Your guess sounds the most reasonable, but it's a shame that ExTrA mOtIvAtIoN is required to keep players interested. If I'm being honest with myself, I'm not playing as much because they tease the next patch too early. Waiting three weeks for the "latest greatest" content to come off PTR is a long time to keep players "hyped". I'd rather most the changes be a surprise from now on (Seasons/Leagues style).

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161

Killer queues are almost always less than 15 seconds for me, around the clock.

• List_of_concerns

Killer queues are amazing (short) as a result of cross-play. Survivors on the other hand have to wait up to ten times longer than they did prior to cross-play.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161

Yeah, late night Survivor specifically, takes me probably 5-10 mins on average to find a room. Afternoon's usually not too bad, though.

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

BECAUSE US KILLERS ARE TIRED OF YOUR SHENANIGANS!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :p)

In all seriousness, It's starting to get that time of night, (At least over here.) combine that with the above mentioned Rift closure and yeah, that about sums it up.

Happy games and good luck out there. :)

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Too many survivors in the mix and not enough players wanting to play Killer to go around.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

It’s definitely a time thing, during the day, my survivor queue takes about 20 seconds to find a game. However in the evening it takes about 5-10 minutes.