The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An accurate representation of Huntress' hitboxes.

2»

Comments

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited October 2020

Yeah Survivor's Pillbox and Hatchets need looked at, even if it's just adjustments so Survivors models are to be more within what is considered their hitbox so a hit doesn't look like it visually wouldn't hit because you were slouched over and crouching when the beach ball hatchet hit the air right over you.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The gif is a really nice representation of other things as well. Do you notice how the swf around huntress are not the least bit afraid?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

I feel this on a physical, emotional, and possibly a third level.

I have used his ranged attack before and a feng standing with her body partially touching it (most likely enough for her hitbox to be inside) and not get hit

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited October 2020

Actual represenation of Pyramidhead POTD vs Huntress hatchets

Blue = hitbox

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2020

Yeah, I mean, jokes aside, I think Huntress is fair.

I compare her to Deathslinger. Given the wind-up time, the notable sound she makes when throwing and the lullaby she sings that basically says: "Yeah, you don't get to run Monitor And Abuse for any cheeky angles"... I think having a hitbox the width of a jumbo jet is kinda fair. If you don't take precautions or get caught out, you deserve to take one for the team.

Meanwhile, Deathslinger has no real wind up time, no real notable sound and can get such a small terror radius that he can easily creep up and shoot. The trade off, of course, is that you actually have to be very accurate with him... and you only get 1 shot per chase.

Frankly, I think they did a good job balancing the two... though I'm sure high level Deathslingers are brutal to play against.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited October 2020

Evidently the people who complain about Huntress hitboxes have literally never played the countless amount of FPS where you say to yourself "Dude, I just got hit around a corner."

Welcome to online gaming that isn't specifically a DBD or Huntress issue. Strange how projectiles and networking works. Some things simply have to have larger hitboxes to function.

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

That corner is quite the corner when she hits u after u are running behind a wall and the hatchet hits the air, good examples for hitboxes are overwatch and valorant, understandably dbd has the same hitbox for all survivors so its not pay to win but the problem is the hatchet hitbox being a sphere AND dedicated servers being ass

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

Just want to save this post

• SAULWASCALLED
    SAULWASCALLED Member Posts: 3

So true bruh