I love giving hatch

Ghoste
Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

There's nothing like having the last Survivor dead to rights and letting them live to tell the tale. Really I just enjoy being a good sportsman and seeing thanks in the chat instead of hate. I don't always show mercy, but if a Survivor has a funny moment or memes around with me a bit (like head nodding or booping the snoot), it just feels good to let them go.

Any other hatch givers out there?

Comments

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I'm usually happy to give hatch, or the door if I don't know where hatch is. Once I know I definitively won, that's all I wanted, don't care about the actual 4k. Of course, half the time I have no idea where the hatch actually is, so it's quicker and easier for everyone involved to just hook them instead of walking around the map 4 times because I didn't notice it 10 meters behind from where my starting point was. I've tried letting people wiggle off to find it themselves, but that often leads to them wanting to farm and do gens and stuff, and I find that much too boring.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I give hatch in a few different instances. If I just dominate them, I give hatch. If someone is a legit good player, i give hatch. Finally, if someone just got screwed by their team, I will give hatch.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Yep. I'm a big hatch giver. So much so that I've gotten a lot more thank yous and ggs than I have salt believe it or not.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

If I am the Pig and you are the only Tapp of your group you live, perhaps the good ol detective will come around to Jigsaw's beliefs 🐷🐽

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

Every time bro. Game is quick? Already won. They did a funny? Already won. They did a bro move and helped their buddy? Okay, well I've probably lost but people like that should win.

I tunnel people I see fugging their buddies though. One time I saw a guy cut off his teammate by running in front of them so I could get them so I swerved around the poor guy and tunneled the guy that cut him off.

I used to chase Decisive Strikers but after using the Dying Light perk I had to knock that off.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Yep, unless I’m doing a challenge that requires me to kill or the last survivor standing annoyed me. I’d say I give hatch more often than I kill everyone though.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I always thank the Killer when they give me the hatch. It's such a rarity to me lately, whatsoever.

The one complaint I have about that is when it happens to the person that least deserves it. Like, when a player does generators manages to run the Killer, save teammates and then they end up with someone else who starts sandbagging then and the Killer gives the latter the hatch. It really sucks.

Every Killer in this thread seems to be some of the cool Killers that do take that in consideration. People that just ruin the experience to their teammates are awful.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Sometimes, the only thing that influences my decision is how i feel at the moment.

And i can't deny: It gives me a degree of good feeling if they thank me.

It's also kinda funny to me when someone complains that i let that one live and not them, i always chat: shrugs Felt like doing this.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I love doing it if the person obviously had a rough game or had teammates that threw/sandbagged.

Otherwise it's less that I enjoy it, and more that I think they'll enjoy it and I don't really need a 4k.

What I do love is giving Killers a kill. I know they can have a super rough time of it from first hand experience, so being able to be like, "it's okay, kill me" just makes me happy.

It's just too bad that I find Survivor gameplay to generally be a super boring and miserable experience.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I love farming with potatoes

I love being nice to Survivors as long as they're not toxic

I will show good sportsmanship to players who do so with me

I will show no mercy to obvious veteran players who know how to take me on a world tour of the map. If you have that much experience you don't need anything other than respect. No farm for you.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

I used to, but noone ever gives me a free hook so no.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

🙌🏽 Hatch giver

...also, need more matches while you are killer

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'm a big hatch giver. For some reason it feels more dominant to give a survivor the hatch than killing them. I feel tougher irl when I do it.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I can't take hatch givers anymore. They've broken my heart too much with the old slam hatch in my face.

• PotatoBunny
    PotatoBunny Member Posts: 4

It really sucks when this happen as it has happen to me too... but it does feel nice to be given a hatch by nice killers... Cheers for great sportsmanship :0)

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I give hatch (or door) a lot. Not every game, but as many as I look to secure a 4K. If you've had a DC and your team was hosed over by it, or if you've had a very difficult match against me (let's say, I was running Doctor and you ended up on Hawkins or The Game), I often will let someone go. If you've run me around and really outplayed me and are the last one left, I'll likely give you hatch. I've given hatch to someone who, instead of hiding on their death hook and waiting for the hatch, made an attempt to save their teammate on hook (and failed). And someone who's willing to boop the snoot when I'm playing Pig pretty much is guaranteed an escape.

I know the feeling as survivor to expect to be sacrificed and dead in the water, only to have an escape suddenly be a thing. I know having someone give me hatch or door lifts my spirits, and I'm happy to return the favor when the situation warrants it, hoping it makes someone's day.

• Amundii
    Amundii Member Posts: 12

Same here brother feels good to let the last survivor escape

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2020

Baby Killers: "Giving Hatch is the most fun, sportsmanlike thing to do."

Killer after a Couple Months: "If I eat one more god damn DS and get teabagged from this god damn SWF... I'm Moring every last sumabitch I find for 5 games straight."

Just kidding. Today, last Survivor ran to the corner of the map to heal. I chased her, downed her... saw no hooks for like half the map. I was like: "Nope, F this..." and just walked over to the gate, let the survivor wiggle free, and just did Arts and Traps until she ran out. She had played very well all game.

Post edited by UMCorian on
  • IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

I wish more killers were like you.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

This is not sportsmanship, this is a rule of horror movies... one person live to tell the tale

• HDivineShadow
    HDivineShadow Member Posts: 13

Sometimes when playing as survivor, if I'm the first or second out I'll observe the rest of the match. If I am impressed with the killer I will message them after and thank them for the game. I've found the killers that give hatch are the best to talk to.

As far as salt goes, it saddens me how many assume I am being sarcastic and think I am dissing them when I am trying to compliment. If I didn't enjoy the match I wouldn't bother talking. I would have moved on.

One time a killer was really controlling the match but helped the last get to the hatch. We chatted for a while after and he asked what player I was. I was playing as Bill. He said, "oh, you were going to die no matter what. I never let Bill live." I just laughed. If you are playing killer, you be the killer however you like.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Otz

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

General rule of thumb for me is if they drop me right on the hatch it's genuine 99% of the time. If they drop me a little way from the hatch and wait for me to crawl, i'm immediately suspicious due to past experience and just lay there. I don't expect to be given hatch, and i fully accept the killer can pick me up again and hook me, they earned the kill. But i won't play the 'slam the hatch in your face game'. If you don't move, most of the time they will get the issue and drop you on top of it.

I do like to give hatch when the opportunity arises or just carry them on out of the gate if it's open and closer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I love to assert my dominance by giving the hatch. I require it to be clear: They didn't not find it. I gave it to them. I am the one that allowed them to escape. Me. I held the power of life and death in my hands and I chose to show mercy.

And yet people call me toxic for some absolutely, positively unfathomable reason. All I'm doing is proving that I'm both the better and more humble player.

(/s. Sort of.)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I remember letting someone live and another person yelled at me for sparing them

I just told them "Hey, how else do I get a sequel if everyone dies?"

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I give the Hatch if I hear it going to the hook. I don't walk all over looking for the hatch tho. I hear it, it's yours. If not, it's a 4k.

Although I will never slug for the 4k. It's a race, see who wins.

Exceptions are 4%, Tapps, and just really solid gamers that have impressed me during the match.