When is it ok to drop god pallet?

Options

When do you feel like it’s an appropriate time to drop a god pallet during the course of a game?

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Depends on

-the state of the match (you would rather not want to use a god pallet in the early game)

-killer you are playing against and whether the basement is near you or not (e.g you don't want to get in the basement against killers like hag)

-the question if you would get downed if you don't use the pallet or not

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 451
    Options

It depends on how safe you can be and the state of the game. If you are on your last hook and the match will be over for you when you get caught, then use what ever resource you can to survive.

If you are the first guy being chased and haven't been injured then it's not recommended to drop god pallet. Only time I would do it early is to pallet save somebody since that makes the killers whole chase pressure reset to nothing.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

It is mandatory for you to drop every pallet you come across as soon as you see it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

When you're about to get hit and need to avoid it? It's a pallet - drop it when needed, not before, and certainly not after.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    Options

If you're healthy and about to take a hit , just take the hit and either leave shack or loop it from there with the speed boost but don't throw the pallet unless you're about to go down , if a couple gens haven't been done it can hurt for the pallet to be gone because the shack is such a strong loop

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

I almost feel like the shouldn't be god pallet but whatever.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,697
    Options

In my experience, most survivors beeline for shack while in a chase to loop. Dropping the god pallet early turns shack from a strong loop into a possible death sentence.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

Whenever advantageous for you personally....... Or when you are playing with a bunch of potatoes and you want to make sure they don't have the option to use it later. When that happens you drop it for no reason as soon as possible just to ensure they can't use it later.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

As soon as you spawn in

• Amundii
    Amundii Member Posts: 12
    Options

I usually drop it around 2 or 1 gen left if I need to. Sometimes 3 gens left but otherwise if it's the start of the game and I unfortunately get chased first I rather take a hit then drop it. I rather have someone else use it or use it for later around end-game as it also gives me a insane amount of distance and pretty much give me a guarantee escape

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66
    Options

Ah yes I love to do it and see some ppl DC afterwards

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2020
    Options

When you think you have no alternative.

I like to think of resources like pallets, toolboxes, medkits, etc., as a "put on your oxygen mask first" kind of thing. Sure, it sucks to lose a powerful resource, but if that can keep the killer from getting a hook and/or kill, it's worth it. You can't help anyone if you're hooked, but if you're even the first person to be hooked, at least 2 survivors will have stopped working on gen progression: you and your rescuer.

So, use your own judgement, and don't let other people shame you even if you were wrong. Being wrong is part of the learning process. ######### up and recognizing where you ######### up and why is how you improve as a player.

Post edited by Orion on
  • Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

When you get a good return on your investment.

It's always about what you're investing (in this case, a very good pallet), what you get in exchange and what that means for the balance of pressure (you delay a hit/down) and what you lose/give up to the other side (the area becomes weaker).

I can name as many variables as you want, but the thought process is just as described above and a little common sense will guide you.

E.g.

• You're injured and dead on hook --> drop the pallet;
    • It's early game and you're being first chased by an Oni --> drop the pallet;
    • A Trapper is after you, you run to the shack, basement is there and you don't know if he trapped the area --> drop the pallet;
    • Clown/Bubba/Billy with bamboozle --> drop the pallet;
    • Wraith, you're healthy and there aren't many resources left in the area --> save the pallet;
    • Etc.
  • dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304
    Options

Im very nice you drop that pallet at 5or 4 gens and i see it i hope the other 2 safe you cause i will not. at 3 gens its fine

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

As a blendette with a key, i wait for someone to be at shack then drop the pallet and urban away. Keeps the pressure off me! /s

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options

The only time I will drop the God pallet is if it's late in the match and I'm on death hook (I also have to be injured), it's such a strong pallet, it's not worth dropping any earlier than that.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Only if I would get a stun for the killer, other than that never. A god pallet can go a long way. But overall it depends on the situation

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,773
    Options

When you really need to. I hate it when survivors just immediately drop a pallet and run off. They don't even try to use the loop. Especially when they are not even injured.

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96
    Options

I'll usually drop god pallets when i'm injured and we're close to the end of the game or if i have been juking the killer for a long time and i need to reset his bloodlust

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

It's okay to drop when you want to.

When it's appropriate to drop it is when you need to drop it.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

When its your last hook pallets saves and in the end game

Just remeber that if you are gonna to take the hit DONT DROP the pallet

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. If you get to the pallet early enough to drop it safely but without any window to make it to another tile, I think the best play is to drop the pallet. Taking a hit when you don't need to is just giving the killer free pressure. There are a few exceptions, like if you're facing a Legion or Plague or something and therefore will get injured very easily but need good pallets to avoid going down. Against most killers, though, I say drop it.

• notstarboard
    Options

Why would you ever let the killer down you when you can drop a pallet to prolong the chase? I don't care if you're at five gens or one, first hook or last; when you get downed and/or hooked, one teammate will be forced to leave their gen to come get you and another will probably start a chase soon. Even if you have all four survivors alive, then, getting hooked reduces the number of people working on gens from ~3 to ~1. Every second you keep the chase going gives your team ~2 seconds of progress on generators. If you can drop the god pallet and run the killer for another 30 seconds instead of going down that's 100% worth it.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

For me when you are about to be downed after exhausting the loop and there is no chance to juke the Killer, especially if the basement spawmed there.

• notstarboard
    Options

I don't care what X or Y streamer does. I'm not inexperienced, and it's pretty silly to assume that someone who disagrees with you must be inexperienced.

Optimal looping in my mind is the following. 1) Play a tile for as long as you possibly can. 2) Drop the pallet and go to the next tile. Repeat step one.

Strong tiles are just ones that you can run for quite a while before you have to drop the pallet / take a hit / leave the tile. They (usually) have a strong pallet that the killer can't play and is forced to break. You shouldn't instantly drop the shack pallet, but if you've run the killer around shack for like 30 seconds and the window is now blocked by the entity, 100%, drop the pallet. You've used the tile to its fullest, and now you need to drop the pallet or you're going to take a hit. Health states are far more valuable than pallets. Even if you're not looping optimally and drop every pallet a bit early, if the killer just chases you around the map and just breaks pallets without being able to hit you, your team is going to have the gens powered before you go down. The killer needs to land hits and get downs early or they will not generate any pressure. If you give them a free hit at strong loops rather than dropping the pallet you're just doing them a favor.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options
  • BeeRye
    BeeRye Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'd say you can use it after 3 gens have been completed.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

I would say, if you are about to go down while on death hook, definitely drop it. If you are about to go down on god pallet, when the basement is right next to you, definitely drop it also on first hook, when you go against Bubba, Hag or Trapper, as these killers are painful with basement pressure.

Otherwise, keep the pallet as long as possible, it might screw another teammate that comes by there later while being on death hook.

Of course there are exceptions. Like with basement near and ruin up, I recently had this scene, where I think it was worth it. And kinda funny

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Honestly, the number of jumpscares I've had as killer because a blendette or meghead, or steve camped god pallet when I was approaching, is insane...XD

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

The thing is, you can estimate if you can take the down, but you can't estimate if someone else comes by being on death hook and missing the pallet then. Especially if you were not able to get a good amount of time out of this pallet, there might be someone else coming by with the killer behind to loop this pallet for a longer time.

In other situations, for example if there is already someone on the hook, then you need to buy the team some time to recover, where I would say it is ok again. Having 2 survivors on hooks means normally a hard time for the team until you can go back on gens

• SunderMun
    edited October 2020
    Options

If you'll go down no matter what and it's less than a minute into the match, (or basement is there) throw it down. (This will buy your team time to apply gen pressure and get the first few done) If you're death hook, even if full health, throw it down. (You should always play relatively safely if you're close to dying) If you've used the tile excessively, it's ok to throw it down; you've already been efficient, but more often than not the shack window leads into other loops, which is what can make it super strong, and it's usually better to use up those tiles before god pallet.

• notstarboard
    edited October 2020
    Options

Can you give me an example of a situation where going down early instead of dropping a pallet is going to help your team?

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I think its funny that survivors produce more jumpscares than killers

• SunderMun
    Options

It is funny, but I get jumpscared aplenty; recently had a god Myers make me jump out of my skin with a grab, on an open map. His pathing had to be insane, because I was looking all around me not knowing what killer it was, in a relatviely open area.

The ruin undying tinkerer meta can make for a bunch of this too, unless you're on the gen that proc's it, since you should be on the lookout, even at the start of a game.

• notstarboard
    edited October 2020
    Options

Sure, maybe that pallet could help someone who's on death hook. But your teammates are more likely to be on death hook in the first place if you're going down for free instead of dropping a pallet. Even in a hypothetical situation where you haven't been hooked yet and your entire team is on death hook it would be better to just drop the pallet. If you get downed and hooked, one of your death-hook teammates is going to be chased next. If you can stay up and continue to waste the killer's time while your teammates power gens, though, your teammates might escape.

Taking a hit for free when you can drop a pallet to avoid it is just giving the killer free pressure. Again, unless you're playing against a Legion or a Plague and you're healthy, I can't think of a single situation where not dropping the pallet would help your team. For that to be the right play you would need to be almost certain that the killer was going to hit you and then leave you.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

So it's fine to drop the god pallet at 5 gens for simply not to get injured, okay.

You're one of those megheads.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Never, they are like elixers in rpg's

If you drop god pallet you brought shame upon your ancestors. No matter if you escape after or not

• notstarboard
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yes, it 100% is. Don't camp it, but if you actually play the tile as much as you can and are then forced to drop it to avoid taking a hit, you drop that pallet. The amount of gens left is pretty much irrelevant. Pressure is pressure, and you should never give the killer pressure for free.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

That's not smart. That's dumb. Smart survivor knows that the next loop is near. Megheads dropping the shack pallet instantly at 5 gens, goes down after 10 seconds, and hurting the team even more.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
  • notstarboard
    Options

Your "Meghead" is bad. That doesn't make dropping the god pallet a bad play.

If there's another strong tile right next to the shack anyway that someone could go to instead of dropping the god pallet, sure, it's a fine play to go to that tile too. It's not necessarily the "right" play, though. Shack is still playable without the god pallet, especially if there's another strong tile nearby. That strong tile nearby might not be playable without its pallet, though.

My main point is that you should be getting the most out of any tile before dropping a pallet. Provided you do that, though, idgaf if you're dropping god pallet or some random unsafe pallet. I just flat out disagree that you should be prepared to give the killer a free hit, or even a free down, rather than dropping the god pallet, as some people in this thread are saying.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

I play both sides but how survivors are about looping and pallets in the game I wish killers could brake the pallet before the drop wonder how survivors would handle that.

I could see it killer goes right to the shack brake it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

And you seem like one of those extremely pleasant people to whom everything is the fault of their teammates.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

i usually only use it when im on death hook but the thing about shack pallet is while its up the shack is a super strong loop and some killers will drop the chase entirely if the survivors reach it. it's more of a psychological pallet than a physical one.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Never!

God pallet must stay up forever or else you instantly lose the trial.