Blood Pact Buff Seems Abusable

Options
RockoRango
RockoRango Member Posts: 554
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

It's as if a latent part of yourself has awakened.

You feel like you can reach out beyond yourself for assistance.

When you or the Obsession are injured, you both see each other's Auras.

After healing the Obsession or being healed by the Obsession, you both gain the Haste Status Effect, moving at an increased speed of 5/6/7 % until you are no longer within 16 metres of each other.

Reduces the odds of being the Obsession.

If you are the Obsession, Blood Pact deactivates.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

--

Excuse me, what? If I'm reading this correctly, SWF groups with 4 DS and 4 Blood Pacts will just abuse this for the entire match by having a pair run around the map and genrushing.

I'm totally fine with this perk on solo survivors, but it looks like it'll be dumb on SWF.

Now people are going to have to deal with 2 people at any time having free Hope for all of the match when against a BP SWF? What? People are also literally just going to hold W and prolong a chase for a ridiculous amount of time (let alone making some loops infinites as long as the other survivor is near), especially against Nurse.

Post edited by RockoRango on

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Uh,that perk is still bad.

Even if some people try to make this perk work,it's just 2 survivors on the gens instead of 3.

You'll only see it in some kind of meme builds tbh.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

4 Blood Pacts sounds better than 4 DS's!

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

Nah it’s still a trash perk.

• RockoRango
    edited October 2020
    Options

The huge problem isn't with chasing, it's with 2 SWF just running around the map with a 7% boost and making genrushing even more unbearable. Even then, a survivor can just stay within 16m and have Hope for the entire time (still prolonging a chase).

2 pairs of survivors doing gens is better than 3 survivors doing gens. Usually, it's better to have one survivor be the distraction if the killer finds them while a pair does a generator and the lone survivor gets started on the next.

• RockoRango
    edited October 2020
    Options

He was talking about a group of 3, 2 pairs of 2 is still more efficient than that.

Even then, the mobility groups are now going to have is stupid. Right now, I'm just thinking about never catching up to survivors as Nurse because they're both holding W.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391
    Options

The perk is still not strong enough even when in SWF for the reasons given above, and if you're soloing why not use Empathy instead? The perk needs a rework, not just a numbers and effect buff.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Ok well Survivors running blood pact like this have to group up, but Survivors not running blood pact (which is our comparison point) can split up as they please, and wouldn't be in a group.

• RockoRango
    Options

True

Soloing with this perk is useless, but it seems like, from just the description, it's abusable by SWF to get a massive speed boost to go around the map with.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Eh, while it's not the best thing ever I have gotten value out of soloing with the perk in healing builds (pre-buff mind you). A lot of the value is because the information is 2 way, so the injured Survivor will come to you too, unlike aftercare it activates much sooner in the match too which is important.

Empathy also doesn't help as much when you want to find other Survivors for them to heal you, rather than the other way around.

And then the speed boost is just a nice bonus I guess. Not something to be relied on.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited October 2020
    Options

Don't worry, it's just the regular "sky is falling" reaction you killer mains get with every change that's not a survivor nerf. It will pass.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

This is why neither side gets nice things.

• RockoRango
    Options

There are better perks out there for healing solo (I would say Aftercare is much better), but the thing I'm concerned about is half of a coordinated SWF team still having a free 7% boost for as long as they stay within 16m. Especially in the endgame, I feel this is going to be miserable.

• RockoRango
    Options

wot? Me being concerned about a poorly designed perk isn't a one-sided thing. Anything messing with survivor speed shouldn't be implemented with prejudice, and the same goes with any Killer perk that increases speed (I think NOED is dumb).

• RockoRango
    Options

I meant that a coordinated group will always have a 7% boost because they'll always have a survivor be healed by the obsession (and the obsession can just be switched by using DS).

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020
    Options

So does nobody else see how this perk is going be abused in the endgame? If you thought catching Survivors during it was hard because of the others blocking you, now they'll also be moving faster. If they have Hope you're screwed. That Survivor is moving at 114%. It won't be a big deal before that though.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

On a related tangent I think it’s interesting they also buffed Forced Penance which now puts a survivor into a Broken state for 80 seconds if they take a protection hit, i.e. they are hit while within 10 meters of an injured survivor. It becomes a soft counter to Blood Pact since if two survivors are staying close to each other during a chase the odds of applying that Broken status are dramatically increased.

As far as the main points above go I agree that chasing two survivors for the price of one is generally a good position to be in as killer. Not only is that two survivors not doing gens in a single chase but it also increases the chances of one of them accidentally being out of position and giving an easier hit or of one accidentally screwing up the other’s vault or pallet drop, for example. The upside for the survivors would simply be that they can make the chase last a few seconds longer in a flat run and have an increased opportunity to reach a safe pallet. I’m not sure how good or bad this perk is overall but those appear to be the upsides and downsides at least.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,599
    Options

Even in Endgame, you would have this Perk equipped, Hope equipped, make it to Endgame, have the Obsession or the player(s) with Bloodpact still alive(and not the same person) AND they must heal to get the effect of Bloodpact in Endgame.

Thats pretty unlikely.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    Options

Remember when people thought sabo rework would be OP?

"iT's jUSt 2.5 SeCoNdS!!!! REEEEEEEE"

• RockoRango
    edited October 2020
    Options

That's like comparing apples and oranges if you're relating it to this thread. The sabo rework wasn't about survivor speeds, it was about (probably nerfing) sabo.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I'm just going to pull a 500 IQ countermove and stop hitting them so they can't activate it

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

Because it's not as strong as you're making it out to be. The perk causes survivors to have to move as a group. The larger the group the worse it is for survivors cuz chances are they're going to get each other killed. Even looping with 2 survivors increases the chances of being caught out like crazy, especially since they need to try to remain within 16m. Then there's the fact that you are pressuring 2 or more survivors at once. Doubling the amount of survivors confined to 16m of each other just quadruples the ability to make mistakes. U can't get 2 pairs of 2 using the perk. U get a group of 2, 3 or 4 stuck within 16 m of each other and only after taking the time to have heals.

Now I'm sure that out of 100 games you'll find like 1 game where survivors had the RNG tiles aline so they can loop and the survivors are good enough to truly abuse it but that's a worse case scenario. Even then chances are they'll screw it up eventually.

• RockoRango
    Options

I moved away from the chase argument awhile ago, as I shouldn't have put it in the thread desc in the first place, but that's not the concern I have. A SWF group will just have two people with Hope run around the map and rush gens. At least with other perks it costs mobility to have multiple survivors on a gen, but now a pair can just run from gen to gen while having a speed buff (and while the killer gets distracted, long chases are going to be more punishing).

I also never said 2 pairs of 2 using Blood Pact, as that's not possible, but having a pair running around with a 7% boost and doing gens seems dumb when the whole team has communication.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

lol of course it's abuseable but that's the point. It's only for the top end, toxic swf teams.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You know they have to be healed by someone running the perk and the guy getting healed or doing the healing also has to be the obsession lmao. So there needs to be someone injured. This perk is still trash-tier and won't be ran by anybody unless they want to screw around with other meme perks. Remember when everyone was saying For The People was gonna be a ridiculous swf perk? Yeaaah look at how many people are running it now.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    Options

Regarding your complaint, repairing separately is WAAAAAAAAY more efficient than teaming up, since survivors are saving a lot of time without travelling between gens together, and Blood Pact's speed boost not only will be very gimmicky to activate and force bad rotations if you want to keep the effect active, but also will be almost unnoticeable in the long run.

So yeah, you're kinda complaining about nonsense.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

It might very well open up possibilities for abuse. As soon as it triggers, you´re gonna have a pair of Survivors that make a lot of tiles infinites. For many Killers this will create a situation where there are 2 unchaseable Survivors in the Trial. It doesn´t matter that you´re chasing two of them at once if the possibility of winning that chase are that close to zero. We´re gonna see how this turns out, I hope the majority of the playerbase will sleep on this one.

If what Spacecoconut (and the descriptions) suggest is right, we´re gonna have a new Survivor base mechanic soon, too. 20 seconds of speedboost without causing exhaustion every game as long as you grind enough during the event. I believe this is propably just an overlook in the description, but if it isn´t, we´re gonna have a situation where every Survivor every game will be able to force the Killer to drop chase once a match. Tinkering with movementspeed is very dangerous in DBD as it´s so delicate in terms of balance.

• RockoRango
    Options

It'll promote good rotations by making mobility between generators much easier, making it more efficient in the long-run to have a blood-pact pair do gens so that 3 genning is impossible. You might think that doing solo would be better, but when there's a clear buff to doing pairs (a genrush team will have blood-pact and someone with Prove Thyself to just get an overall speed/gen buff) the meta is subject to change.

It kinda seems like you're arguing without thinking.

• RockoRango
    Options

For The People was always a meme perk, and anyone that thought otherwise were probably feeding the meme aswell. It doesn't matter if someone needs to be injured, because injuring survivors is an integral part of the game (and having a SWF group means the obsession at any time will be prepared to heal for the boost).

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I'll eat my shoe if two survivors can stay within range without both getting slugged within 20 seconds. Half the survivors at red ranks enter jungle gyms from the pallet side and try to medium vault the window. This perk would take ridiculous coordination to pull off what you're describing.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,186
    Options

I can see the perk being a little useful at time (SWF) but for the most part useless.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

A rank 1 SWF team would only do this for the meme with no intention of winning the actual match. It really isn't that abuseable. If survivors are trying to do this in your game I can guarantee they're not winning unless you royally mess up.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

I wonder if Open Handed works on Blood Pact since that would be 48m lol (if 4 ppl are running it)

• Coxcombed
    Coxcombed Member Posts: 5
    Options

Just for the record, if your chase lasts 50% longer because of blood pact, it was worth it, On top of that, having two people together allows for for the people and soul guard to happen, on top of mettle of man(maybe), which can make chasing this pair really difficult. Just thought I throw some stats and builds that can happen here. This is undoubtedly a bit broken

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options

Just don't injure a survivor, duh.