Exploiting design flaws shouldn’t be bannable

Options
2»

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

I remember testing that with one of my friends in KYF, man that took so long to mend after literally 20 stabs

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2020
    Options

When people heard that Wraith could crash Survivors' games with "Blind Warrior" - White and/or Sloppy Butcher, surprise surprise: More Wraiths.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,095
    Options

I remember sloppy and wraith that was annoying to deal with. People exploiting should be banned for this.

• jhiieri
    jhiieri Member Posts: 24
    Options

A few months ago I went against a Trapper and got stuck on the glitched part of the hill because I didn't know I could get stuck there. Two of my team mates brought the killer to me and were pointing to me... Stuck with crows over my head.

The trapper left me, downed both my friends, hooked them in the basement because the killer shack was next to the hill, then came to me downed and hooked me in the basement too.

Why should that kind of play be punished?

• jhiieri
    jhiieri Member Posts: 24
    Options

Here is an example of what someone else on here called a tech. Everyone knows that the Huntress' hatchets give survivors hitboxes the size of a those new double door refrigerators... The ones with chipped ice and a water dispenser. It's been like that forever.

What are you going to do? Ban everyone that brings in a Huntress? Good luck with that.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

I didn't know there was exploit in the game all I'm getting lag from hell.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

In a game like DBD it’s not as simple as turning off a feature.

It’s not like they can turn off “survivors inflicted with the dying state” until they can fix the exploitable areas survivors abuse to avoid being picked up.

Its not like BHVR are ignoring these issues. They’re probably still trying to implement reliable ways they can address these bugs, and in the meantime they’re free to issue notifications advising “blah blah is ban-able until a fix is implemented”

• Sweet_Feng
    Sweet_Feng Member Posts: 72
    Options

Rainbow six, 2018. Worst season every, shield glitch with that you didn't have to aim and you could shoot like you are aiming. 2019 one of the buggiest ops in the game got almost permanently banned out of the game because of a glitch. Shields got banned at all because of glitches. R6 bans players for abusing glitches. Rockstar games resets the account to 0% for abusing glitches. Overwatch also bans. You can't tell them to not ban anyone because ItS tHeIr FaUlT. Don't abuse it. Or don't cry when you get banned.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    Options

Still bad buiseness practise to ban people because you are too lazy to fix issues.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Hold on. There is a gray area here, since while the devs obviously can't account for everything, not everything that they didn't account for is an exploit in this context.

Take legion for example. There are 2 "exploits" of note here:

1. Moonwalking exploit
    2. Infinite mending exploit

These are both gray areas for opposite reasons:

Moonwalking Exploit:

For those who don't remember, Deep wounds used to always and only drain when the Survivor is outside of a chase. So the original version of Legion could simply turn around to break chase while walking backwards, and then the Survivor would be guaranteed to go down either to deep wounds if they run or M1 if they mend.

This isn't something you'd ever really preform on accident, and the end result is clearly not intended. However at no point in the process is a bug ever utilized. All of the individual actions taken and their immediate outcomes are all specifically intended, and it's only when taken together that anything unintended happens.

So is it an exploit if an unintended outcome is achieved without the use of bugs?

Infinite Mending exploit:

For a little while the Legions mend slowdown addons stacked such that they would double their effect each time deep wounds is applied, leading to the infamous infinite mending bug. Now, unlike the various out of bounds exploits, the moonwalking exploit above ect, the bugs conditions are such that they occur during perfectly normal play. Note that everything here also applies to similarly built in bugs, such as the wake up bug.

Since it's just normal play that's bugged, nothing is necessarily being done deliberately and a user will likely not even notice something is wrong. Now while this doesn't make people that ARE deliberately using the bug not exploiting, but it DOES make the whole thing unenforceable unless you are willing to risk banning people for doing what form their own PoV was intended gameplay.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

bold move cotton

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I want you to come down and read what you wrote you are literally trying to justify exploiting unintended features in a game.

Of course you deserve to be banned you're exploiting. It's one thing to accidentally stumbled upon these unintended features that's fine it's another thing to completely abuse it to give yourself an unfair advantage.

It doesn't matter whether it's something like the infinite mending exploit or the permanently trapping a killer exploit if you're abusing stuff in the game you shouldn't get off scot free just because the devs are to blame.

Honestly do yourself a favour and grow up stop trying to ruin the experience of other people.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

It wouldn't be permanent. To me, it sounds like youre trying to defend yourself because you exploit bugs and want an excuse.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

You forget that they're a company. They don't need to fix everything wrong with their game ASAP. In fact, it would be counterproductive to do so as they aren't getting paid for it, unlike cosmetics and new dlcs.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

Doesn't sound like you want protection from mistakes, sounds like you want to be able to cheat and get away with it.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

Exploiting known bugs is a bannable offense in every online game.

The only place this is accepted is on any% speedruns.