I'm not understanding the Hallowed Blight event

Lunairtic
Lunairtic Member Posts: 78
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

So I started playing this year. I have only been in one event and that was the anniversary. I thought that this event would be similar to that but I dont really understand what I need to do.

I see survivors searching for this event gen. They just run around until they find it but I dont understand why this one gen is all the event is. I thought we would have a mini game like how we found the crowns and get more BP with offerings. We dont get either of those. Am I missing something that I need to do?

Comments

• Lunairtic

Do you know how much bloodpoints are given that gen? I havent actually seen one yet.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,175

I saw someone poking on one of the Blight Flower things too (like a Totem). When they were done, it kind of popped and shriveled up.

When I go next to the Blight Flower things, I didn't get a prompt or anything. Anyone know what's up with those Blight Flower things? Do they do stuff or was I somehow seeing things?

• Lunairtic

I saw that too and thought that was where I could get bloodpoints from. But I didnt get a prompt for anything. I thought someone else already took what it had.

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

They work as a totem cleanse them for extra blood points. And I believe multiple people can cleanse one I believe haven’t played survivor yet.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Theres 5 challenges. 3 of which are identical.

Thats it.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,175
  • APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I think the basic gist is roughly this:

Every Blight Offering played adds 1 Blighted Gen and 1 Blighted Hook to the trial (replacing their non-blighted counterparts up to a max of 5). I'm not sure if either spawn in by default if nobody uses a Pustula offering.

Finishing the gen awards all survivors present bonus BP (I'm pretty sure it's either 4,000 or 5,000 BP, but I haven't actually repaired one yet). These gens have pumpkins sitting on top to distinguish them from normal gens.

Killer gets a similar bonus for hooking survivors on Blight hooks (which have a yellow-orange aura when carrying a survivor).

If you have an Eternal Blight Challenge active in the Archives, then 1 additional Pustula Plant (the noisy orange flower things) will appear in the trial which you can harvest for 4,000 BP each (and to finish your challenge). The Harvest doesn't need to be done all at once (the progress bar won't reset), but you don't get any BP until you finish the Harvest action and cause the plant to wither. Up to 4 of these plants can spawn if all survivors have this challenge activated (I don't think the killer's challenges spawn these in). You can harvest more than one plant in a trial (though at that point you're basically stealing it from someone else).

Multiple survivors can harvest the same plant sometimes. It seems like they are supposed to be able to (it's how these plants worked back in 2018), but it's been completely hit-or-miss whether the game will allow that to happen so far. Though you might not be able to harvest the plants without one of these challenges active (which would possibly solve the above conundrum).

This is all based on my observations & experiences of how things are working this year and it's only day 1 of the event, so my apologies if something turns out to not be entirely right, but it should close enough to give you an idea of how this event is working.

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151

To clear confusion.

The Event is Blighted Hooks and Blighted Generators. You can use Pustla Petals to spawn more more of them, but 1 of each will always spawn per trial. You get more bloodpoints if you hook someone on a event hook, or if someone finishes a event gen.

That's it. For the Visceral Cankers (Flowers)

2 years ago survivors needed to Harvest Flowers to gain serum in the first Blight Event but then was scraped in lasts years event with the introduction of the Archives.

This year the Flowers are back, but only spawn if you select the Archives Challange for it. They aren't really a part of the event, but you still get extra points for harvesting them.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited October 2020

It's barebones. What you described is exactly it. Event hooks and event gens that give you a little extra BP when you complete an event gen/hook them in the event hook.

The flowers spawn whenever survivors are attempting to finish the blight challenges in the rift.

2 years ago, they had the flowers spawn for survivors with special offerings to spawn more. You had to find the flowers and harvest their nectar to fill up a vial. Once filled, you'd have a competed vial. Completed vials would be used for getting the Hallowed Blight skins instead of using shards or auric cells. The option to use shards or auric cells were there, but you could technically get some of them without having to pay anything and grind vials. Killers had to hook survivors on special event hooks which would give a little bit of nectar to fill up the vial. You could only get nectar once per event hook, so you weren't able to use the same hook again to gain more nectar.

The issue with the event two years ago is that survivors would not do gens at all since they'd go around the entire map to farm for nectar. Once they had completed their vial, they'd alert the killer so they'd get hooked and throw the game to move on the next game. This sucked because throughout the majority of the event, survivors did not do gens so hardly anyone would escape. For killers, it was harder to harvest 1 vial during the match because they needed a lot of hooks, and remember - only event hooks granted them progress for their vial. In addition, only like 2 or 3(don't remember) event hooks spawned, so if no one burned offerings, no extra flowers or event hooks spawned.

So compared to two years ago, this event is indeed very lackluster, but we'll see if spawning those flowers will cause any issue this time around lol.

• Wiitab360
    Wiitab360 Member Posts: 105

You only get to interact with the Pustula Flowers if you have that challenge activated

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2020

In terms of Progression there is none, Just some Extra Bloodpoints, Silly Add ons and some Skins. The Event Boils down to:

Some Skins in the store/Batle pass.

Offering for blighted Hook/Gen that give extra Bloodpoints.

Plant appears in game for extra Bloodpoints if you have the trial active.

1 Add on for Killers that gives them 1 Blight Dash after a Hook.

2 Add ons for Survivors, A Broken bulb for flashlights and Refined Serum for Med-Kits that gives a 16 second speed boost.

It's all here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/The_Eternal_Blight

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

little extra BP is the key word there like no point.

• Cum_King
    Cum_King Member Posts: 21

In addition to holding m1 on a plant 3 times, for the low low price of 10$ you can buy a blight skin and pretend it's part of the event.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

It's difficult to even call this an event. DBD is really going downhill lately.

• Lunairtic

To be honest I'm still confused about it all. The skins are very interesting. But if theres not any extra BP or interesting side mini game, I don't see the point of this event and I won't be playing more than average.