The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

It happened again: survivor kobe'd and he was immune

Darktronik
Darktronik Member Posts: 94
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

This has happened to me before

Tonight, It happened again. 3 survivors was dead (the third one was in between death/last hook animation), and I was hooking the last one.

He could free himself off of the hook. I waited him to gain control and move a few steps. Hit him. And he got a free sprint burst. Then I could hit and kill him (again) after that.

I mean, how fair could this possible be? And if it were next to a hatch, next to a opened exit gate? For how long does one have immunity after kobing?

This time I was not recording the game, unfortunately.

Post edited by Darktronik on

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

So far this happend to me twice since they implemented it.
    At least I am glad now that it is not "just me".
    Since I am not recording anything, I don't have proof and only hear the "you have to time it right" excuse.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Happened to me twice as Killer and once as Survivor this week.

I remember thinking "I better camp this last guy in case he Kobe's because an open exit gate is just right there. He better not get that 4% Kobe. It's only 4%; he won't Kobe. [Bad Word], of course he Kobe'd! Okay, he has immunity. Wait until he starts running before swinging. Wait for it... Now! Why is he still alive? Why did he get away? He got out the exit!"

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Darktronik said:

Tonight, It happened again. 3 survivors was dead (the third one was in between death/last hook animation), and I was hooking the last one.

He could free himself off of the hook. I waited him to gain control and move a few steps. Hit him. And got a free sprint burst. Then I could hit and kill him (again) after that.

I mean, how fair could this possible be? And if it were next to a hatch, next to a opened exit gate? For how long does one have immunity after kobing?

" Stop camping and tunneling and be nicer, you filthy killer main.
    You're not supposed to kill everyone, why being so mean
    ? "

More or less.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Giche said:

@Darktronik said:

He could free himself off of the hook. I waited him to gain control and move a few steps. Hit him. And got a free sprint burst. Then I could hit and kill him (again) after that.

? "

More or less.

These pictures get me every time.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Giche said:

@Darktronik said:

? "

More or less.

These pictures make me think of a curb-stomp mori for the killers.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited October 2018
    Dude idk what's going on in your games but I'm getting the complete opposite. I literally unhooked a survivor and before they can even touch the ground and gain full control.... The killer hits them and they get downed instantly, like #########??? What happened to the immunity?
  • Wolf74

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Dude idk what's going on in your games but I'm getting the complete opposite. I literally unhooked a survivor and before they can even touch the ground and gain full control.... The killer hits them and they get downed instantly, like #########??? What happened to the immunity?

The immunity that they are lacking in your game gets added to ours to balance it out. :P

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Darktronik said:

You actually have to wait longre than just a few steps.
    The new system is busted

• Wolf74

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Darktronik said:

The new system is busted

That's the point, this needs to get FIXED asap!

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited October 2018
    SenzuDuck said:

@Giche said:
    ? "

More or less.

No one is saying that about this, stop trying to blame survivors for bugs in the game.

This is a bug, stop making posts about it in General discussion and start actually reporting it every time it happens, this is unintended behaviour.

Where in his post does he blame the survivors for this "bug"
  • Darktronik

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

You are right. It has happened to me too.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Why can self-unhooks make them immune again?
    They're the ones unhooking themselves with a Killer nearby after all, nobody's screwing them over.

• Darktronik

@Giche said:

@Darktronik said:

? "

More or less.

Yes!!! I am not supposed to kill everyone. I don't 4k every game or even half of matches. But when I work hard to kill everyone and that is what ends up happening, survivors are not entitled to a free escape on top of my hard work or their poor job, because of a poor mechanic implementation.

• DeadByFlashlight

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Darktronik said:

The new system is busted

Its a thign affecting killers only, so its gonna stay for a while before the devs take action.
    Sadly thats always the case

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Darktronik said:

The new system is busted

Its a thign affecting killers only, so its gonna stay for a while before the devs take action.

I suddenly remember why i almost exclusivly played survivor for the past months...

• DeadByFlashlight

@Tsulan said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Darktronik said:

The new system is busted

I suddenly remember why i almost exclusivly played survivor for the past months...

As long as there are enough killers to torture themselves, thats gonna stay this way

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I bet it's because the invulnerability lasts for the whole duration of the unhook animation which can be canceled instantly, so survivors gain control wa before the invincibility ends

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

I'm okay with survivor's not being able to be hit until they regain control but I wish they would have at least removed the hit box until that happens. The hooked survivor's hit box is HUGE and overlaps over survivor's unhooking them so you can't hit them at all.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited October 2018
    Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Giche said:
    ? "

More or less.

No one is saying that about this, stop trying to blame survivors for bugs in the game.

This is a bug, stop making posts about it in General discussion and start actually reporting it every time it happens, this is unintended behaviour.

This "bug" is only in the game, because survivor complained about an issue they actually made up.
    For some strange reason, they think they should be invulnerable before they "gain control over their avatar again". Like they get a magical forcefield protecting them mid air. And survivor complaint about these being unfair for so long, that the Devs caved in again.
    And guess what, it causes some survivor favoring bugs.
    And you wonder that killer player get mad about it?
    Not only was the original idea already crap and is again forcing killer to adept and gives survivor just another extra chance on top of all their already existing extra chances and it also created a survivor favoring bug… yay!

Pretty good job so far.

Except, not a single person was asking for this, it came out of nowhere, it wasn’t discussed.
    stop blaming survivors for bugs, the devs said how it worked, this is clearly not how they meant it.

you have some serious survivor hate issues.
  • Darktronik

@SenzuDuck said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Giche said:

You're not supposed to kill everyone, why being so mean ? "

More or less.

This "bug" is only in the game, because survivor complained about an issue they actually made up.

For some strange reason, they think they should be invulnerable before they "gain control over their avatar again". Like they get a magical forcefield protecting them mid air. And survivor complaint about these being unfair for so long, that the Devs caved in again.

And guess what, it causes some survivor favoring bugs.

And you wonder that killer player get mad about it?

Not only was the original idea already crap and is again forcing killer to adept and gives survivor just another extra chance on top of all their already existing extra chances and it also created a survivor favoring bug… yay!

Pretty good job so far.

Except, not a single person was asking for this, it came out of nowhere, it wasn’t discussed.
    stop blaming survivors for bugs, the devs said how it worked, this is clearly not how they meant it.

you have some serious survivor hate issues.

Survivors were not asking specifically for what it went through, but they are complaining about camping for years, by now. Devs stated a few times on stream that camping was fine. And tweaked the game to hurt campers like raising the time on the hook to 60 s, etc. Which was completely fine. Camping per se is a bad strategy

The problem is that certain situations demand that killers stay near the hook.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Why not report it as a bug? 

Is this a trap... @tulsan is this a trap 🤣🤣  
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Does anyone have footage of this happening with actual survivor unhooks? Seems like a kobe thing, and they did speed up kobe's so it's probably an issue with timing on that

• Wolf74

@Darktronik said:

Survivors were not asking specifically for what it went through, but they are complaining about camping for years, by now. Devs stated a few times on stream that camping was fine. And tweaked the game to hurt campers like raising the time on the hook to 60 s, etc. Which was completely fine. Camping per se is a bad strategy

The problem is that certain situations demand that killers stay near the hook.

That's the point, camping is a legal gamestrat and has it's build in disadvantages, but survivor insist on the rescue, they are so entitled to their rescue and the juicy points that go with it, that they complain about camping like crazy and force this badly thought out band aid crap into the game.
    And guess what? The unneeded unlogical crap is causing issues… who would have guessed that?

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited October 2018

Next to hatch or opened gate? hm.. what would happen? Maybe the survivor would escape? 1 of 4? Is it really that huge Problem?

With borrowed time at least two guys would escape (if the situation fits) who cares.

But to answer the question: HOW was he kobe'ing? just lucky 4% or the 100% of that adam perk? was he in that state with the red cross (like in no mither) after Kobe'ing? did he carry a medkit (with maybe instaheal on it), was maybe deadhard triggering and you just didnt recognize it? were gates opened WHILE he was on the hook? (for maybe adreanline). lots of possibilitys. fitting more or less, of course.

And why did you even camp the last hook? :P (just kidding)

This is a well known thing and probably wasn't insta heal or dead hard. And don't try to justify when a survivor gets out through the hatch. If survivors are so brain dead they can't do gens and they get away because of 4% or a perk and then can't get hurt for some reason. That is NOT ok or even fair. Slashing a weapon through someone and it doing literally nothing is the most ######### thing I have ever seen in games. That includes dead hard. While relatively balanced dead hard is annoying when weapons go though the survivor. The even more Annoying thing is when hatchets go straight through them but they don't die because of a dash.  Kinda off topic but they should try in the ptb to make it where dead hard doesn't give you invincibility and increases the range you dash by like 50%
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    don't face camp