What's everyones opinion on "The Eternal Blight"

2»

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

Yeah this event is somewhat disappointing and I wish we could earn a bit more BP because the petals barely give some, but I am cutting some slack to the devs because they just reworked an entire realm and I've been getting tired of the original blue hue MacMillan had. Hopefully the devs could possibly give us some extra incentives later on during the event, but only time will tell.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Yea but also remember last year literally brought nothign new to the table apart from the fact that the currency could be earned throuhg the rift instead of other ways. This year we've got some pretty wack addons and alot of things from the older events.

It might not be the most "exciting" event but it's definitely far better than some other one's there's been. Most notably last year's halloween one, this year's lunar one and the fact that there wasn't even a winter event this year.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The event nodes are rarer, killers add-ons only last for 2 weeks, and you cannot earn the skins that are the major hype for the event.

• Carnagetheory
    Carnagetheory Member Posts: 56

Dude. It's even a bad BUSINESS decision. I'm not even taking into account player and customer satisfaction, I'm talking BUSINESS decision. Events are helpful because they drum up buzz for the game so they sell more product, AND create player retention.

Player retention is a huge metric that a lot of gaming industries use to gauge how well their game is doing. This game has /no/ event right now. I'm literally playing an EA game and an Activision game, both SHOOTY SHOOTERS, during Halloween for their events instead of DBD because they're offering incentives to play their games and things to do during Halloween, and DBD isn't. And DBD has been my go-to game for months since I bought it since the four year anniversary. But now, I don't want to play it because it offers nothing in return during Halloween time when compared to other games, that, despite playing far less, offer rewards that I don't want to lose out on.

You can argue semantics on everything going on here, but really, can you tell me there's enough content to keep you busy? There's no Halloween or event in this Halloween Event. You gain nothing from doing it; there's no incentive. I mean, I may very well buy the rift pass because of the Kate outfit; I've never been shy about shelling out money to a game I spend time in, but I've got a month and a half to worry about getting that to like page 7 or whatever her stuff is in.

The problem is, right now, there's no incentive to play the Halloween event in my Halloween game because there is no event. There's no retention. There's nothing this game is offering me to play, beyond my usual. Other games are offering far more than their usual, so I'm playing them right now despite not touching Overwatch or Apex at all in the past six months.

That's just not good business practice. They should be pushing HARD for player retention during Halloween in their Halloween-inspired game. The fact they're doing the opposite really says to me that they're okay with selling out the soul of their game and the goodwill of the playerbase for short term profits which doesn't bode exceptionally well for any party involved.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

It's boring. I play non-horror games that have better events either going or upcoming. The rift is also bland imo. Rather disappointed since this was my first year for DBD's Halloween event. I'll still be playing, but just as usual, which tbf isn't a lot lately. I'd rather sink some time into Phasmophobia and a few other seasonal games.

And I can't even play with my friends/family who play on PS4 atm, so even less reason to bother.

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136

I think you're mixing me with the streamer Uncharted. I'm just a regular, Felix main Uncharted xD

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Normally I dislike everything about space coconut but this time I agree

• HypsterMoses
    HypsterMoses Member Posts: 15

Dude is it even an event? It's just new skins that you have to buy w irl money and a battle pass. I for one am beyond disappointed

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815

I liked the old mechanic of getting serum to grind for cosmetics, but I can understand why they didn't bring it back. People just ignored generators to greed serum and then killers usually absolutely stomped. I still thought it was a lot of fun, but I'm sure others were just tired of losing because their teammates wouldn't play the objective.

I'm fine with this event. Could it have been more involved and changed core game mechanics a bit? Sure, it could have. Is the game still fun, though? Yep, it is. Are we making more bloodpoints than usual? Yep, we are. So, I'm pretty fine with it on the whole.

• notstarboard

What do you mean by "there isn't any BP changes"? You do get extra BPs.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Honestly? It's about the worst seasonal event I've ever seen in any game I've played.

Period.

And I play a LOOOOOOT of games.

• notstarboard
    edited October 2020

How is it a cash grab? Because they released new skins we can't grind for?

They release new skins constantly at extortionate prices, so this isn't really any different from business as usual. The event isn't a cash grab. Cosmetics in general are. So long as people continue to buy skins at high prices, they will continue to sell them at high prices. I wish the prices were lower, but I can't help but blame the people buying them as much as Behaviour. It makes sense for Behaviour to try to make money, and that's good for the health of the game. If people are willing to pay, why not take their money? The prices would come down if people valued them less.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Very disappointing and lackluster. No earnable outfits and the Blood points are pathetic. I can't even get offering or addons because they're so rare I spent half a million bp on Dwight last night and walked away with 2 serum addons and 6 bulbs. The killer addon isn't too rare but there's no point in hording them since they're only for this "event".

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

I hadn't even realized how terrible the add-ons were until you said that. We really are getting ######### over just for participating.

I saved BP for the add-ons for this event, and I kind of feel like BHVR is flipping me the bird.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I already bought the cosmetics I wanted (ghostface and blight) so I don't mind, but what an awful event for players who don't want to spend real money.