Why dont DBD have in game chat , to talk with others on a mic ?

Options

Why is there no in game chat for players to talk to on the mic ? Like why cant survivors talk to the other teamates while playing...i always wanted to know why this wasnt in the game. Can someone pls explain it to me?

Comments

• Wubalubadubdub03
    Wubalubadubdub03 Member Posts: 141
    Options

The game was balanced around survivors not being able to talk to each other. They only added survive with friends because of how many people asked for it.

If they did add in game voice chat, there would have to be serious changes to balance, which they probably couldn't handle.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,671
    Options

"The game was balanced around survivors not being able to talk to each other. They only added survive with friends because of how many people asked for it."

No. SWF was planned from the start. But for Release they only had time to implement either KYF or SWF, so they went for KYF.

So this "SWF was never planned" or "Only added because people asked/complained about it" is simply wrong.

@Topic:

Because there would be no reason for SWF-players to use the ingame comms, when Discord exists. And not everyone wants to talk to other players, some players just want to have an immersive experience and you also have to please those.

Let alone that nobody wants to talk to 14yr olds with 5 Euro microphones...

• Meg_Survivor
    Meg_Survivor Member Posts: 199
    Options

what is sfw ? sorry if its a stupid question im really new to the game so im still learning

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Survive With Friends. The mode that lets you group with your friends and use Discord, or another third party voice coms program.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

It would take the atmosphere away for me. I like playing solo, and having people yapping in my ear when I'm actually trying to listen out for details around me would be too annoying. It would increase toxicity levels in-game and probably lose a fair portion of the player-base.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395
    Options

Because DBD wants you instead to install of the of thousands of free voice comm soft out there

A distance-based chat with mute options should be amazing, I wish I had the money to run a game like that

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

Er...why can’t you survivors speak to each other within 12 meters or whatever? I mean DbD would mess it up but I’ve seen other games that only lets you communicate from a certain distance from each other. Doesn’t sound any more OP then pretending SWF doesn’t exist and making killers weak against SWF but strong against solo lol.

• Igbylucy
    Igbylucy Member Posts: 47
    Options

More advantages for the killer

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    Options

they also could add comms and then balance killers around it... right now they cant do that because half of the people dont use comms and half of them do and that makes the game super unfair for the killer

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Ppl on dbd get easily offended. I would be a toxic player even though I think I'm not.

However, if voice chat exists so everyone can hear me, I would trash talk stupid ppl and tell them how dumb they are. If I could use racist comments becuz of their accent, I probably would for the lulz.

I'll probably just be banned.

Dbd is a emotional game, and if I can mess w their feelings and get under their skin to win, I probably would.

Also imagine all those player betrayal gameplay.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

because it unfair for the killer even tho we have swf using discord.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I only started playing because there was no communication feature, if they added it I would just disable it if it was an option.

Players can be toxic as it is without them having a go at you so you can hear it as well.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

Chat would be terrible. Too much racism/trolling in online games with open mic chat opens. I wish we could assume people would be civil, but I think years of gaming online with games with open mics shows this is not true

Plus i don't want to have to disable every person every game, or repot all the 14 year olds using their newest racial slur they heard to know devs won't ever do anything about it.

play with Friends in discord. It is what most of us do. Solo queue is another beast of peaceful quite time

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options
  • carnage4u
    edited October 2020
    Options

my life choices of playing this game with friends in discord? or playing in solo queue. I don't understand what life choices here an issue. Your response makes zero sense. YOu could have typed "234lafgj q23p5;asdfg;sdj" and that would have made as much sense.

I"m not being snarky. I literally don't understand what you mean. My response above wasn't even snarky or the usually somewhat trollish type post.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

Dead by Daylight is all about cognitive dissonance.

• DerpyPlayz
    Options

There were actual objective reasons to state, instead you choosed one that was subjective.

I've said that because if you care about what people say to you online, that frankly you will never see again, then you are doing something wrong.

• carnage4u
    Options

My response was in no way targetting anyone you had said in this topic. I was responding to OP and saying simply that I hate hearing all the racial/hate slurs in online games. I mute them an move on. "caring about what they say" and having to listen to awful things are two different things. I prefer an environment, where I can simply ignore the comments. I don't care when a game is over, and survivors yell at killer, or killer yells at survivor, but I still don't want to see/hear certain hate speech that comes with online communcation in internet games. If you can't understand that, then that is on you.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2020
    Options

I actually think they should have added this in the beginning, then balanced the game around survs with comms.

But it's too late for that.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2020
    Options

Who dare raised this thread again.

Friday the 13th was the best proof around that voice coms don't fit at all with this genre, unless you're with friends. But discord would be a better alternative than them wasting ressources on an in game voicechat.

Here a brief summary of which kind of scenarios you could encounter.

-What you think you'll get

• People trying to help you with objectives and clues
    • Telling you useful information about their perks & stuff
    • Coordinate rescues & stuff.

What you're actually going to have :

• People blasting their music so loud you won't even hear Micheal P3 music or BIlly chainsaw or EVEN MEG YELLING ON HOOK.
    • People swearing everytime they interract with the killer
    • People swearing at you because they're on the hook since 10 seconds already
    • People flaming you for every mistake/skillcheck fail.
    • SQUEAKERS
    • AND YELLERS.

But yeah keep asking for a voicechat.

• HypsterMoses
    HypsterMoses Member Posts: 15
    Options

IMO if you're in an SWF it should have something like phasmaphobia where your mic is always on, so if you're in a discord or skype or whatever with your buddies the killer could hear your voice coming from your character.

Only issue would be that the killer would probably be more scared of the dudes voice coming from Claudette than the survivors would be of the killer.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I'm kind of glad they don't have in game chat. I remember when FT13th came out there was no option to turn off in game chat and people were complaining about people not shutting off their damn mics.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Little kids would make it hell.

• DerpyPlayz
    Options

If I copy and pasted my last response it would be able to apply to this one.

Make a new point, not a circular argument.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

You know, I think typed chat would be fair. You have to pause to use it, can't use it while working on a gen or trying to survive on second stage of hook. It would be a tactical risk to use it, only for emergency type stuff.