God Bless Paulie Esther

Options

I watched him give codes away today, and he did his best to come up with a way to give console players a chance by revealing all but the last two digits of the code to help them out, but still they're gone before one can even hit the Redeem button. He's definitely trying to figure out a method so everyone has an equal chance.

BHVR, can't these codes have a day where they can have unlimited uses as opposed to being limited to only ten people max? I understand it's meant to support streamers, but I'd honestly rather earn the charm in game than play Lotto Simulator.

Comments

• NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options

Yes, I agree!

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 404
    Options

Or fix the most glaringly obvious one that literally has the entire community up in arms about.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Twitch is the Gamestop of streaming services. Everyone puts up with their ######### but publicly hate them too.

• GuySmiley
    GuySmiley Member Posts: 33
    Options

A raffle might be a good idea too. Then send the code through pm.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Hexy is doing the same in his stream. I'd love to see the stats on how many console players actually get the charm.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

An obvious solution would be to keep the 10 times BUT on every platform, It would be valid 10 times on PC,Mobile,PS4,XBOX and stuff.

Everyone could compete equally on each platform.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

but they have limited uses, one person getting DMd a code can mean they send it to their friends before everyone else has a chance to redeem, there is no really good way of doing it fairly.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
    Options

Props to Paulie for being so gosh darn epic.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 255
    Options

The best solution is to make this a twitch drop reward like literally every other studio does with twitch streamers. Have it as a guaranteed drop you get when you have watched X number of hours of a fog whisperers stream.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Strong kudos to him for trying to be as fair as possible.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605
    Options

I'm still kinda bummed even after what he did to find out that I still wasn't able to get a charm due to the fact pc players can claim it instantly and we have to confirm it and then redeem it. By the time we hit redeem all the codes are used up

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95
    Options

Its almost as if the devs never turned on a console so they can see the disadvantage they have inputting things let alone testing the patches they put out..

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I'd like them to fix the game on console first, it is an absolute ######### show. Codes I couldn't give less of a ######### about.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

He's a good egg. It sounded like they didn't recognize his name on the dev stream, but that had to be a joke or something, right?

This code thing seems weird to me. I get that they want to drive traffic to the streams, and, in order to do that, the code has to be valuable, which means they have to make it so someone can't just post it somewhere, but what was wrong with letting streamers hold a raffle and DM someone? Why did they make it so the viewers have to scramble over each other to try to get a prize?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

It was a joke, Cote messes with Paulie on Twitter. 😂

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

StreamDad_ on twitch has spent all night tonight giving away codes trying to help console players get it. He's covering last couple digits and waiting for console players to say they're ready before showing them. Bunch of console players have received the code from him, including myself after an hour worth of codes (he'd already been streaming just codes for couple hours before I joined stream). He mentioned they are restricted in how they can give out the codes - has to be on stream/video and can't be posted in chat (someone suggested putting last two in chat due to video lag and he said he couldn't). He wanted to post on console section of his discord to help those players but wasn't allowed to.

The streamers like Paulie Esther and StreamDad_ are awesome for doing their best to make an unfair code as fair as possible with the restrictions they were given.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    Options

I would usually agree, but recently he has been exceptionally mean to his followers on stream as well as some on Twitter. It’s saddening how hes treating some people just asking questions on his stream.

• UnholyMagpye
    UnholyMagpye Member Posts: 9
    Options

Behaviour love playing on that FOMO

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Tbf others streamers did the same thing: Exlelite and Chitai (a new fog)