Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tunnel champs

I came back to DBD after a break and I've been tunneled to death in every game I've played, so far. I was excited to do the the new archive but I think I'm ready for another break after two days worth of being tunneled. I don't think there is a solution. I think the event is inspiring people to get as many points as possible and tunneling is an easy way to accomplish that. Half of the time when someone unhooks me, if anyone unhooks me, at all, it almost feels like they're working with the killer. I'm tired of being in the middle of everyones greedy point grabs in this game. It seems like this game is really fun for about 1-2 years and then you get stuck playing with the same tunnelers over and over and it gets really old really quick. Maybe I should just play killer and tunnel everyone too and then it might be more fun somehow? At least I wouldnt be wasting anniversary cakes bc nobody can tunnel the killer. I just don't think that seems like fun though. What does everyone else do when they get tunneled, seemingly no matter what, every game?

Comments

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

If you are getting tunneled then ask yourself why and take them on a chase, if they keep following you they aren't doing gens.

Then if you lose them don't do what made them tunnel you unless you have to.

• DerpyPlayz

Sadly you just demonstrated you have no clue what you are talking about.

No, you don't use perks to counter tunnellers you used chase.

If they chase you and you alone then your teammates can pop gens quickly for the second time.

Pay attention.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Also, unhook when it's SAFE, not when the killer is within a 32 meter radius of the hook.

• DerpyPlayz

Yes, I forget I am talking to people who likely don't even understand hook phases.

Therefore I would assume he would just understand that, although you have a point of saying it just in case. XD

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

Not if you got players who run away at the slightest heartbeat. You're proposing that every survivor is on gens when they're not getting chased when that's not the case most of the time. I had a game where survivors would run when they hear a heartbeat. So don't assume every player is going to be doing gens when they're not getting chased

• DerpyPlayz

Sure occasionally your team is incompetent, however generally they will actually just do gens naturally.

The problem is this is a strawman because I haven't assumed one thing or the other, I simply stated if you are in chase your team can get gens, and that's the end of that.

Stop being disingenuous, the point was simple, if he does his part his team can do their part. IF they don't then its not on him, its on his team, either way survivors still would be the reason why the tunnel worked.

Present my argument how it is given, very much so if you are gunna quote it because otherwise you look silly.

• Wingmonster
    Wingmonster Member Posts: 27

Honestly, I feel no shame in tunneling at all, I really don't. I've been dealing with so many toxic survivors that I don't care anymore and will do everything to kill them.

• Slendy4321

Funny how you say that because you said if he's getting chased then his team can get gens but what if they don't? What if they're hiding in a corner because they so happen to be in the terror radius while he's trying to loop that pallet that happens to be near the area where the gen is? You think every survivor is doing gens when they're in a corner/locker hoping the heartbeat would just go away. Yeah whatever floats your boat man

• DerpyPlayz

Stop making a circular argument ill state it one last time.

If they don't it the other survs fault, in that case its still the survs fault they lost to tunnel.

I don't think anything other then what I have told you to your knowledge, so back off and stop telling me what I think and form a actual argument that doesn't rely on you strawmaning me and focusing on semantics to win points for an argument that is flawed from the start.

• Slendy4321

It's funny you say that because when he responded back to you about anti tunnel perks you said he was wrong and telling him to rely on his teammates for his survival when basically this is a last man standing type of game. He can do what he wants and equip what he needs to survive the trial. That's basically what the game is about

• DerpyPlayz

Strawman, illogical conclusion, generally fallacious as well is not an argument but a assertion.

Therefore true to my word, I will just be stating you fallacy and adhere to the fallacy's fallacy, as if you aren't interested in a real conversation then I am not either.

• Slendy4321

Sometimes they tunnel you as well if you're wearing outfits that are on the premium track of the rift. My friend just got the Nea shirt and she was tunneled and camped because solely on that cosmetic. Sometimes outfits can also get you tunneled

• DerpyPlayz

At least this reply wasn't fallacious and was just a statement.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Idk if you're being serious or not. I want to add that I did contact The Killer in both cases and actually ascertained that information. Anytime it seems like The Killer is going out of their way to focus down one person or two, I sometimes ask them why.

• DerpyPlayz

This time I am just confused as to what your intention was when saying this to me.

If its to call me smart, then thank you although I don't need compliments.

• Slendy4321

Yup totally serious. The killer tunneled her and only her till she was dead then went and stood in a corner and we all escaped so I asked him why he tunneled her. He said her choice of cosmetics that he didn't like therefore he went after her and killed her

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Yesterday I tunneled David because I was mad at him. He was hiding all match and I found him only at the end. While every survivor was already hooked twice, this son of a ######### was successfully avoiding me. And he pissed me off when he let Dwight die on hook. I was so far away from hook chasing Bill, But Feng and David let Dwight die on second stage in the middle of the map, where everyone could unhook him. Dwight was srtuggling to the last second. Sometimes I can tunnel on purpose if survivor piss me off this much.

Are you sure you not playing unfair to killer if you are getting tunneled EVERY game? This is really hard to get tunneled in this game, because vast majority of killers still playing fair. At least to me when I play survivor. Of course there is exceptions, but it's rare. Is it me lucky, or we are having different definitions for tunneling?

• Slendy4321

Funny how you talk big but you don't know the difference between something said seriously and something said sarcastically

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

That's terrible lol I'm sure these are outliers but it's interesting when killers do stuff like that. I would think bright cosmetics means they aren't hiding and would be a welcomed choice for killers. That bright green wig stands out in the grass.

• Slendy4321

Definitely. I sometimes wear bright clothes to tell the killer hey come chase me while my friends work on gens while I get chased but it was a totally different story when I played with my crossplay friends

• Mystic_Flower
    Mystic_Flower Member Posts: 11

I hate 2 minute matches esp when the killer downs the 3 survs while Im doing gens. I usually have to unhook or save a surv to give a little chance for one of us to escape. But sadly I get killed. I have escaped a few times with Left Behind perk its a must to have it equipped. Anyway, a lower rank killer seems to be more fun to play against since the match lasts a lot longer. Killers should not b allowed to down more than one survivor.

• profrog
    profrog Member Posts: 20

Is it really hard to believe that people get tunneled for no reason? Just because you might play nice and fair doesn't mean others do, same as toxic and nice survs

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2020

This happened to me yesterday:

Needless to say, I'm not all that enthused about playing this game at the moment...especially survivor.

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75

That might've been me. I don't think I hate Fengs but I definitely have a soft spot for my boy, Steve Harrington. I do, however, hate most Claudette players and obnoxious Neas.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

It's not hard to get tunneled at all. Plenty of killers only play that way.

• DerpyPlayz

sigh

Or you can stop assuming im acting in bad faith, my replys are quite quick so "big words" aren't big and in no sense has anyone of you asked my to define them.

Im talking exactly how I would talk in real life.

Don't be the other guy and assert my intentions and pretend you know what I am thinking when my argument is stated above and it is simple.

• Hamburgerlar
    Hamburgerlar Member Posts: 58

Let me just pull out my survivors rule book for killers. Let's see here glossary says to go to chapter 62, page 4 for step by step anti tunneling rules. Can other killers confirm that for me?

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020

I decided to solo queue tonight for the first time in, like, a year. First game was a poor console Hag with no addons that never really committed to any chases, but she snagged someone at the end for a kill. Unsure if they were on a challenge or a daily there.

Second game: Myers runs around hunting me, the obsession. He ignores everyone else, and the other survivors just run around him while he keeps looking for me. At the end, catches me, goes EW3, and moris me. A couple of the other survivors even tried leading him to me in the beginning. Very frustrating to have the killer tunnel you, and then your own teammates help him find you...

First time eating the leaver penalty.

Edit: Very next game: griefed by an Adam against an Ebony Mori Hag. Like, ######### is with getting sandbagged tonight?

Post edited by Eninya on
  • Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46

Report the message and in the report notes say 'I came to this game with love in my heart but all I get is hate'

More often than not xbox responds saying they've taken action on a report.

I don't know what action is taken but hopefully something horrible happens to the stupid person. Like idk a really long load screen or something nasty like that haha.

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

That guy complains about people assuming what he's said yet does nothing but assume everything about situations people are in straight down to 'well its your fault I'm tunneling you because your team isn't doing gens fast enough'. It's a really interesting thought process, to say the least. Lmao.

But yeah tunneling/hard face camping has gotten worse as of late. I took a break for like a week or so after getting agitated with how bad it's been and came back for the event/rift today just to get three different pigs face camp and tunnel me to death, going out of their way to get solely me even when my team tried their damndest to take agro (solo que mind you). In a couple, at least two got out. In one my whole team died trying to prevent her from killing me. I swear to God my name is on some hit list sometimes, I mean I don't get it, it isn't like I did anything to them to warrant it. It can't possibly be that much fun to go into every match with the intention of just ruining the game for someone else on purpose.

I have gotten warned by killers (ps4) after they've tunneled me out of a match in the past with ######### like 'next time don't bring a key'. Only time I bring keys is when I'm doing a challenge that requires escaping or I'm just sick of getting screwed in matches. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it should be acceptable for people to target and threaten others just for using what's at their disposal as far as addons/offerings/items go. There might not be anything BHVR can do about it, but it's pretty deplorable.

I might not enjoy getting mori'd, but as long as you're not literally just right there waiting for a save to mori me off first hook at the start of the match, I don't care if you use a mori. I'm not going to tell you that you can't or you shouldn't and when I'm upset with some stupidly oppressive build *cough forever Freddy* I'm not upset with the player for using what they've got. I'm upset that the devs allow something like that to exist. Just like the whole Legion double mending addon exploit that got fixed. That's on the devs and they were banning people for using two addons which is ridiculous, what if someone didn't know?

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

😞 did someone with 105 posts here just call someone with 18x as many posts here a newb? 😅

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

Personally I really liked trying to be a "fair" killer that tried their best to never tunnel and then getting teabagged and toxic messaged for it. "Oh, you gave me a chance after I got unhooked and then ran in circles like a doofus? Well you're a terrible idiot killer and deserve much toxic ridicule" 😑