Playing survivor is infinitely more relaxing than playing killer

I've played virtually 100% killer for the last year, and just started getting back into (solo) survivor.

I simply can't believe how relaxing it is. If I escape, I feel great every single time. If I don't, I can blame my teammates. Any time I escape the killer, or can lead them on a semi-long chase, I feel like I've accomplished something. To clarify, I am a TERRIBLE survivor and still get caught often, but I can still smile afterward if I did even one small thing right.

As a killer, I'm constantly filled with rage (even on 4Ks). There is constant stress and a constant ticking clock as gens blow left and right. All mistakes are 100% my fault, and I'm trolled again and again by god loopers.

The last few days have been like a tropical vacation after a grim, thankless killer workload. Killer mains, I highly recommend this as restorative therapy if you are in the same position as me.

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2020

I feel the opposite way. Killer just feels like going throguh the motions and having fun doing it.

Survivor? Getting rank 16-20 teammates vs red rank killers ruins the experience; it makes it unplayable and frustrating. A bunch of maps have deadzones; some killers remove your agency as a player and you can't really mindgame them. Matchmaking is the game's own worst enemy lol.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Eh. I agree, survivor is easier than killer, but I wouldn't say it's relaxing. The solo q experience is a nightmare. I went back to killer almost full time last week because of a string a horrible matches with incredibly inept survivors. At least with killer, while it's far more stressful, everything is on me. I don't have to rely on others.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

This. Matchmaking and bad teammates are the real killer. I play killer to relax after stressful survivor games

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2020

Exactly. I understand where killer can be stressful, but most of the time? I'm just playing against 4 people that would have been my own teammates, the majority of which always seem like they shouldn't even be in my game at all.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

Solo is relaxing? You clearly didn't play enough. Solo survivor is more miserable right now than killer ever was.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I agree completely. The onus is on the killer to make the game happen, essentially. It feels like a burden much of the time.

As survivor when I get hooked or die it's like well. It's the killer, they're monsters with supernatural abilities. Makes sense they'd get me. But as killer when you're vs. a group or even just a very good survivor it's many times more frustrating cuz you should be able to murder these folks. But they're just playing around with you. Feels more powerless than survivor ever does.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Agree completely. Recently been playing much more survivor just because I'm getting tired of dealing with killer things.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Solo q is not relaxing, unless you go in with extremely low expectations.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

"if I don't escape, I blame my teammates!" Yikes, you ever thought that maybe it's you who's the bad teammate sometimes? Especially if you have a mindset like that.

• Uncharted
    Uncharted Member Posts: 136

Solo survivor is much, much more stressful than killer could ever be in my experience. At least when I play killer and I mess up, it's my own mistake. When I'm playing survivor and being chased for what should be 5 gens and no gens pop, that's me getting ######### over by my teammates. My skill as a survivor simply doesn't matter if my teammates don't know how to hold M1, or know when to stop holding M1 to get me off the hook.

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251

Ok and ? What do you want ? Killer has to chase 4 survivors. When not in chase, survivors have to do gens.

It's the game concept, you don't like it ? Uninstall.

Those threads on this forum, seriously. Your message is totally nonsense, hope you see it...

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Well survivor is more relaxing as you say by design. Survivors have spikes in activity's they sit on a gen then get a thrilling chase then either they are on a hook or back on a gen.

With Killer it's thrilling chase after thrilling chase. You don't really have the downtime survivors have

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30

And grass is green and the sky is blue. What else is new?

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

yes man, but if you say that, a lot of main survs can start to cry with more nerfs jajaj

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96

I mean... as survivor the only time you'll not be relaxing is when you're being chased by the killer.However,as a killer you constantly have to patrol gens,almost never make missplays,deal with people who Tbag,play loops perfectly etc.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Yes. Because if you pick killer, you are knowingly choosing the harder role. If anyone chose killer and expected it to be the easier role in a 4 v 1 game.....

That isn't to say there aren't balance issues. There are. But even if you fixed every single one, you are still playing a game against 4 other people. I prefer simple logic to conspiracy theories.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I think what OP is getting at is, survivor is more fun because it is a casual game. The killer however isnt expected to play casually, only play as competitively as possible

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah after a long time playing killer, I tried my hand at survivor. And indeed it is the more chill role. I can drink bourbon and BS with friends and still escape, if things go right of course.

Occasionally we run into some serious killers that wipe the floor with us, we don't play that tryhard.

But after the game you just feel like, well that didn't go our way, next match.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311
    edited October 2020

Sorta inevitable when you pick the solo role in a 1vX assymetrical game. You can't interact with the killer all the time as survivor, even if they try to force it the killer can just ignore them if they want. The killer is for fairly obvious reasons involved in every chase, search and whatever else.

And to me that's honestly one of the things I like the most about playing killer, constant action and interaction. I don't get mad or frustrated it's just exciting to finish doing one thing and immediately throwing myself into something else that involves player interaction, which is kinda the point of multiplayer games.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I have the opposite experience, I love playing both sides but find survivor way more frustrating than killer.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I find killer more enjoyable than survivor in part because as killer you are constantly active the entire match whereas with survivor you have a lot of downtime where you are either just doing a generator or dying on the ground or on a hook. Chases are the most entertaining part of the game and you simply get to be in chases much, much more often as a killer.

So I guess in that sense killer is more “stressful” since you’re always actively chasing or looking for a chase to start, but to me that’s a good thing.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

Of course, survivor requires no real effort. You get multiple 2nd chance perks and a bloody hatch if your last, in case you cant be bothered to do gens.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

While the community agree's as a whole, most killer main's don't enjoy survivor because of how boring it is

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Agreed. I play survivor when I just want to lean back and chill. Although survivor in a competitive environment against a 6000+ hr killer is a different thing altogether. Then the comms are like a frantic military exercise. But solo queue is super chill.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87

Maybe that's why people play Freddy- he flips the script. With Freddy, he puts survs on the time clock. Suddenly, they're the ones under pressure, and you can perk up and kick back as you ramp in power while they scramble to escape before you go ape. Same thing with Myers to a degree: you bide your time and creep on them until you go super saiyan.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

It's night and day. As a killer you need to be on your game 1000%. As a survivor, unless you're playing with 3 potatoes, (and at that point you can just go do totems or something) you just need to loop well, do gens, and be sneaky.

The 'power role" should not be the more stressful of the two.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

Yes but its not like this is a problem its just how every 1v4 game is

• ForTheRNG
    ForTheRNG Member Posts: 8

I just had a game with my friends where we sat with 2 gens for 5-10 minutes because two of us on average were slugged or hooked this entire time.

Two of my friends escaped by gate and I (slugged) got hatch before the killer found me.

I'm not saying that Deathslinger we played against wasn't stressed, but man was I screaming in my headset most of the time.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Still prefer Killer over the long run, but Survivors can just suicide on Hook if their game is going rough, Killers have to deal with it or risk ragequit penalties.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Maybe without getting your knickers in a ######### twist, read carefully next time. The OP knows that every mistake he makes is his fault and no one else's as a killer. He was simply stating the differences between both sides on an anecdotal view and felt like being generous enough to advise other killer mains to do the same. Not one part did I read that suggested he hates the concept of the game or how killer is played, so stop shitting on others for discussing what they want to discuss.

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50

I play both (badly) and I am never stressed.

Tea bagged, tunnelled, 0 kills or early hook death, whatever happens, happens.

I joined this game quite late into its life and don't play to grind out blood webs, rifts challenges or dailies and I don't play with the need to kill all survivors or escape.

I just play to play, be a helpful survivor or a kill as many as I'm able to.

As I'm not getting anything out of it except my enjoyment, I think, why worry?

No one's paying me to play, I don't get prizes for winning except the intangible ones: blood points, emblems, shards et all. None of that affects me in the real world.

Unless your livelihood depends on it I don't get the stress.

I've got enough to stress about in real life😆

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    edited October 2020

i hate to agree with you ,ive been a killer main however am becoming a survivor main just because its more relaxing overall as when playing killer its frustrating as your are meant to be the power role ,yet for the most part you aren't unless against low level players, as you climb higher in the ranks you seem to become a toy to the survivors that know how to loop and make zero mistakes.

survivor is just fun and satisfying to play in comparison

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I feel like I have the unpopular opinion that killer is much easier for me. I must be a bad survivor because I suffer each game, when I play killer I feel like I have more control of what’s happening each match. When I’m a survivor I feel like a punching bag :(

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Nurse relaxes me, other than that I agree

• potoo3
    potoo3 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2020

I agree 100% with you. I have much more fun losing in a healthy match than winning in a toxic match. And the higher your rank, higher the chances you get into a toxic match. I got rank 1 with almost zero losses and yet stopped playing killer. Now, as a survivor, I die every game and still have fun with my friends.