The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Cross-Play - Everything We Hoped For?

Cross-Play seemed like a great way to bring the community together and forge new friendships, right? (Well... maybe we were wrong.) Players on different platforms can't even communicate with each other beyond invitational pop ups. (Accept my invite, *****! Oops. I mean... accept my Friend Request, *****!)

Survivor queue times are noticeably longer because the ratio of survivors to killers is even worse on other platforms. (Survivors are the majority by design.)

Pre-existing communities have actually been divided many times over. 

We can't forget about those groups of people that chose to opt out of cross-play. Those players are now forced to either opt in to cross-play (drink the Kool-Aid) or play with a smaller pool of players than ever before (because players from their pre-existing pool drank the Kool-Aid). It should go without saying, but those opt out groups experience queue times that are extremely long by comparison.

Can cross-play boost the growth of a community where there is no player communication

Is this arranged marriage between most platforms, when they can't even communicate with each other, truly kindling the bonds of new fellowship?

At worst, the communities that existed before cross-play have been DIVIDED.

At best, people that were ALREADY FRIENDS, but PLAYED on a DIFFERENT PLATFORM... can PLAY the game together.

Comments