If the devs listened to the community what do you think would be the result?

Options

Really simple, pretty much what the title is.

I am of course assuming we only take account of the majority of the player base and not single players claiming whatever thing to be listened too.

What do you think would be the result of the game in todays terms?

Comments

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583
    Options

Player base, combining all platforms including the forums.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

What i meant was gamers that didn't recieve studies for designing.

The experience of gaming alone makes for terrible designers.

There is a lot more thought process then most realise

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I think there would be tons of shirtless survivors and killers...

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

The game would become pretty boring imo.

Rebalancing the game to make it so it's absolutely not possible for killers to tunnel or camp at all will just lead the game into a safe m1 simulator for anyone who gets caught early as they wait their turn to be chased again. But hey DS + unbreakable will be deleted from the game.

Voice comms... That's uh. Well if you think the community is up for it.

Loads of killer buffs. Some kinda crazy some kinda meh. All chases end in 20 seconds or less and survivors manage a max of running through 2 tiles.

Hooks are removed and spaces out. Body blocking and sabo will work now so time to mess with the killer. Hook dead zones on the edges of the map will be fixed.

Schrodinger's pallets will be everywhere. Do they exist or do they not exist? If the killer checks then it doesn't exist. If the survivor checks then it exists. If nobody's there, who knows?

Pretty much every killer is deleted and nea will be the only killer.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited October 2020
    Options

The majority of the player base is not present on the forums. Therefore nothing will happen since every single topic will have to be disregarded as per your rules.

But if we ignore that, the game will be dead 100%.

• DerpyPlayz
    Options

Regardless if the forums doesn't have or does have the majority of the playerbase, I say only the majority in general as in everything combined.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

(In)Famously the creator of Shenmue DOESN'T play games!

• Hamburgerlar
    Hamburgerlar Member Posts: 58
    Options

A terrible game if they listened to every players complaint. Balance ever shifting as new complaints appear.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited October 2020
    Options

Killer mains: omg nerf survs so op.

Devs: okay, we nerfed survivors

Survivor mains: omg nerf killers so op

Devs: okay, we nerfed killers

Repeat.

We would not get anywhere. Poeple saying it will actually improve the game assume it means devs would only listen to their side and nerf the other into the ground.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Regarding balance, they should totally not listen to the player base. I hear enough stupid requests that are totally subjective and don't consider more than the own personal experience.

Also people complain too much about small things just for comfy reasons.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

If they listened to the community and acted on their wishes? Survivor would be unplayable, killer would be boring and the game would be dead.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I think the game would be dead soom. By design, the survivor side is the majority, which basicly could then force any change they want.

And even if not, people who play games have no idea about game design or game balance, making them not a good advisor.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

they dont

DBD has their own product owners that make the decisions about the game even when they surely do not even have 1k hours

DBD is a zero-risk game, not innovating with new game modes since was born, so repetitive and dont expect devs will listen to us

• pandagamer1616
    pandagamer1616 Member Posts: 11
    Options

The nurse is playable wdym? Maybe she’s not the right killer for you then?

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

More horny skins.

More balance patches.

More unlockables through gameplay.

Probably more dumb stuff too. But it would be fun to see.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

If your talking about balance! The game would probably die for the newer players!

Blizzard decided to listen to their Overwatch League player's to bring balance to the game! While at the top ranks the game was balanced, it was way unbalanced for the casual player's!

While somethings need to be addressed about the balance of the game, for example DS and NOED

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

You clearly haven't played nurse any time recently. She is so glitchy and broken that shes nearly impossible to play.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353
    Options

I disagree with all the people saying the game will die. That's what ptb's are for. They could go down the list with suggested changes, do a ptb for say, no more than 10 of those changes, and see what the players think. If they just did ptb's with minimal changes and not super big mechaninc overhauls, on a regular basis, the community would actually be listened to and actually learn why some changes wouldn't work, or be glad that other changes are good for the game. The community would become more active and happy, bringing more players into the game.

• DerpyPlayz
    Options

I like how you actually gave a reason why you think that and didn't just make an assertion. I see the logic in your thinking.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Couldn't happen. Too many different opinions to actually predict what would happen.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

i feel it would lead to an increase in gen times, instead of focusing on map design and other balance issues, and the game becoming so unbelievably boring for survivors that the game would just die

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Chaos. And the Devs would overworked trying to keep up with the demands and ever changing focus of what players are whining about.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

No offense but I hate to think of that, I don't want this to happen, I wnat DBD to contiue for a long time, I don't want to actually see that message every becoming true

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

This. Realistically speaking, this.

Should there be more communication from the devs and less secrecy? sure. but that can only work when people also manage to not go for their necks if some hype doesn't live up to unrealistic expectations.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    Options

The community is constantly fighting over solutions for the game and their side of it. Why would they listen to us if we cant even agree on anything? The only thing we can agree on is more bug fixes and better optimization and less content.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

But take Minecraft for example. The community wanted lava boats for the Nether Update. Mojang took the general concept of "crossing lava" and introduced the Strider, something better for the game than "lava boats".

I'm pretty sure if the devs took more feedback from the forums and acted upon it with more vigor, it would lead to a flourishing game. The only way that games die from player feedback is if the developers aren't fulfilling their roles as the conduits.

When developers really listen to the community's needs and don't just rely on their own "gut feeling[s]" to make (imo faulty) design decisions, and when developers then take the time to really think about how they can use their knowledge as developers to fulfill those needs in ways the community hadn't considered before, then a game prospers. Gamers are often not too great at articulating what it is that drives them to want the change, but that's the developers' job, and ignoring those drives and factors leads to a lot of frustration from everyone in a playerbase.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I'm going to reply the same thing to you that I did Sonzaishinai:

"But take Minecraft for example. The community wanted lava boats for the Nether Update. Mojang took the general concept of "crossing lava" and introduced the Strider, something better for the game than "lava boats".

I'm pretty sure if the devs took more feedback from the forums and acted upon it with more vigor, it would lead to a flourishing game. The only way that games die from player feedback is if the developers aren't fulfilling their roles as the conduits.

When developers really listen to the community's needs and don't just rely on their own "gut feeling[s]" to make (imo faulty) design decisions, and when developers then take the time to really think about how they can use their knowledge as developers to fulfill those needs in ways the community hadn't considered before, then a game prospers. Gamers are often not too great at articulating what it is that drives them to want the change, but that's the developers' job, and ignoring those drives and factors leads to a lot of frustration from everyone in a playerbase."

and I'll add something else. Taking feedback to just add more and more ores into vanilla Minecraft would be a bad idea even though that's what many players desired. Adding more and more ways to go about getting ore and using it or more things to do in the underground while getting ore is what Mojang did (save a few occasions where another ore was justified), and this solution appeased the players asking for more ores who continued enjoying the game for what it was. The devs' job is to take criticism and feedback and interpret it into a better solution for all, something the DbD devs are mediocre at (at best). If the devs actually listened to all the feedback being given, they would be able to come up with a better game. Just removing NOED or removing DS is a stupid thing to do, and even if some of the community is begging for it, actually doing so would mean the DbD devs are not listening to the community--not understanding, something very lacking rn in light of the Clown comments and the comment on the health patch among other comments.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

eigther all survivors spawn on a hook or the killer does.

i dont think there would be anything inbetween...