Dear Killer Mains

I am using Object Of Obsession and Bond. I will lead you to my teammates. What's the best way to make such a thing clear so you don't just flat out kill me at the start of the game when I basically offer myself to you? At least until you found all my friends, then you can do whatever.

I ask because 3 games in a row the killer didn't seem to care I was on their side. I ran this LF right to 2 immerse Clauds right next to him, and he still hooked me right away :/

Comments

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135
    edited October 2018

If you do this 1 of 3 things will happen, rating from the most likely to least likely.

Most likely - The killer will ignore what you're doing and just attack you, and in certain scenarios for example if you pointed to a locker as he downed you and he finds a survivor he will just see it as a free win for him and not care.

Less likely (what i would pick) - The killer will know what you are trying to do and will target you specifically for 99% of the match cause you are betraying your team. You are not just making it a 3v1 but actually a 3v2, it is scummy and it is unfair.

Least likely - The killer will know what you are doing and agree with your offer, this is least likely cause not only is it scummy but it's also boring and annoying, just like farming can be annoying and boring. With farming you are wasting time and doing everything against your nature but at least in the end you're all benefiting, what you're doing only benefits you two while the other 3 suffer.

In conclusion stuff like leading the killer to another survivor to get them off of you or running behind someone to avoid getting yourself hit is ok, they had plenty of warning to run via the heartbeat. But intentionally bringing the killer to them with no chance to hide cause you have bond just to help the killer is literally against the rules. Just because you aren't having fun doesnt mean you have to ruin it for others, learn from your mistakes, figure out what's getting you caught in the first place. That's at least why i assume you're doing this, if you're doing this for shits and giggles then you aren't welcome here.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    I probably won't realize what you are doing and if I do you are going to die very quickly anyway. Don't be an a hole

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    If I ever catch you doing this, you're going to my sex dungeon of horrors so I can nod at you till you die.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    If I ever catch you doing this, you're going to my sex dungeon of horrors so I can nod at you till you die.

Agreed, if you do this in my games i'll tunnel and roast marshmallows and eat them in front of you.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    I am going to hook all survivors even if they sandbag each other 
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    In all likelihood I will probably think you’re screwing with me and trying to get my attention away from my mission so I will ignore you and go after everyone I can get in range of. 

If I do catch on one of two things will happen: 

1. I will go along with it if the others are toxic little poops

2. I will cut you down and deliberately go easy on the survivor you tried to backstab. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Personally if I see a Survivor trying to screw his team mates I will make sure they are first to die and hard camped. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

@Kilmeran said:
    That's a perfectly valid way to play . . . in a game called Deceit. You might want to go play that game, instead. It's even free.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    EDIT: That game is awesome.

Post edited by Orion on
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@PigMainBigBrain said:
    Its also bannable.....

Not doing anything wrong. Devs say we are not a team and that I can do what I want to survive. If that means ratting out the other 3 so I can hatch, nothing bannable about it.

• thesuicidefox
    edited October 2018

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

I also call BS on responses like this. You guys say that but if I made it less obvious I was sandbagging you'd be happy to take the kills.

Oh and I tried this maybe 5 games in a row last night. Every game it was clear the killer had no idea what I was actually trying to do. It definitely wasn't even a case of them trying to tunnel me or whatever IDC, it was just them being morons and not getting it. The other survivors got it really quick, which is why they didn't save me off the hook.

This thread is full of hypocrites BTW.

• sixty4half
    sixty4half Member Posts: 82
    It's not bannable but it's a ######### way to play.  I'd just kill you.

• thesuicidefox

@sixty4half said:

It is, but I'm not asking for moral guidance here, especially from killers LOL

I'm asking how can I make it clear to the killer what I'm doing? If they want to kill me and teach me a lesson, so be it, though I highly doubt any killer would actually do this. Don't lie, you'd let me sandbag the DS guy or the guy with the FL real quick if they started to annoy you.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

I mean the killer has a choice to use you as information or use you as bloodpoints. If you don't get your way than you can't be surprised about it..

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

You are a coward.
    We know (KILLERS) what do you try to do... you will tunneling to death!.

• thesuicidefox

@Zanfer said:
    I mean the killer has a choice to use you as information or use you as bloodpoints. If you don't get your way than you can't be surprised about it..

If they wanna kill me okay, but it's clear none of them even seem to understand what I'm doing. I'm trying to find a way to establish communication with the killer so they get the message. After that whatever.

• sixty4half

@sixty4half said:

It is, but I'm not asking for moral guidance here, especially from killers LOL

I'm asking how can I make it clear to the killer what I'm doing? If they want to kill me and teach me a lesson, so be it, though I highly doubt any killer would actually do this. Don't lie, you'd let me sandbag the DS guy or the guy with the FL real quick if they started to annoy you.

Not only do you promote an unscrupulous way of playing the game but you also call into question my integrity by accusing me of lying.

I'm done with your discussion.

• sixty4half

@Zanfer said:

If they wanna kill me okay, but it's clear none of them even seem to understand what I'm doing. I'm trying to find a way to establish communication with the killer so they get the message. After that whatever.

So that's what it is.  We're all dumb as bricks and dont understand what you're doing.  

On the contrary, as every killer in this thread has said we'll kill you if you try it.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Ok feel free! I love beating the snot out of worthless little traitors like you who body block their teammates, farm them, or alert me to the location of their team members.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you might want to use something different than OoO for that...
    most killers take a OoO user as someone who directly challenged them to kill him, so they wont even give you any time and instantly down, hook and tunnel you down.

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89

@thesuicidefox said:
    I am using Object Of Obsession and Bond. I will lead you to my teammates. What's the best way to make such a thing clear so you don't just flat out kill me at the start of the game when I basically offer myself to you? At least until you found all my friends, then you can do whatever.

I ask because 3 games in a row the killer didn't seem to care I was on their side. I ran this LF right to 2 immerse Clauds right next to him, and he still hooked me right away :/

Just find a fellow Survivor and make noise near them to summon the Killer.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

This community is so great. Get bored? Be toxic to other people, hinder their games, and let them get next to nothing BP wise because you got them killed. Then wonder why you have salt thrown at you and posted on your profile.

At least if you Magpie and collect all the map items in the basement, other survivors can find it and use the items. Just play killer and farm survivors if you aren't going to play right. Geez. But yeah. If you use OoO against me, I'm just going to kick your teeth in with a chainsaw and let everyone else go.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    When I see OoO I ignore since if they want to get into a chase I ignore them since it's 1 less person in a gen
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

@Zanfer said:

So that's what it is.  We're all dumb as bricks and dont understand what you're doing.  

On the contrary, as every killer in this thread has said we'll kill you if you try it.
    Add me to that list. I don't even care if you're running OoO, if you intentionally sandbag your teammates I will kill you and let them all escape. If you run up to a locker and point at it, I will down you right in front of the locker and then nod at it before I pick you up.

Those are scummy tactics, and they should be punished.
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@thesuicidefox said:

I also call BS on responses like this. You guys say that but if I made it less obvious I was sandbagging you'd be happy to take the kills.

Here we can see your bias toward survivors.

No experienced killers would want a free kill.

Even more so if it's coming from a cancerous survivor.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Giche said:

@thesuicidefox said:

This there's a few unscrupulous killers that'll take advantage of it but by and large like most survivors they play with a sense of honor. I've had killer recognize what's going on and then let me farm and in return for being cool I'll let them sac me.

As a killer when I know what's going on I'll kill that person and then let the rest farm and escape and sometimes they'll have me sac them. I've made friends on both sides that way.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I love how the general consensus is that every killer condemns sandbagging.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Mister_xD said:
    you might want to use something different than OoO for that...
    most killers take a OoO user as someone who directly challenged them to kill him, so they wont even give you any time and instantly down, hook and tunnel you down.

Mhm maybe its due to the fact that as long as teh OoO lives, the whole squad is aware of your exact location?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Tsulan said:
    I love how the general consensus is that every killer condemns sandbagging.
    I know right? They always pretend they punish teabaggers or farmers, yet NEVER have I seen this in game. They always take whatever easy kills they can get.
  • Khroalthemadbomber

_> You obviously have never gotten me then. I've actually had people that got sandbagged thank me for punishing people who do so.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Just stay still and enjoy the smacking you are about to receive.

• thesuicidefox
    edited October 2018

@Giche said:

@thesuicidefox said:

No bull #########. If I make it look like an accident, I throw a pallet to block someone or unhook them in front of the killer, what does the killer do? THEY KILL THEM.

All I'm getting from this thread is that killers are hypocrites because none of you would turn down a free kill if I gave it to you. You are all lying right to my face, you'd gladly take the guy I sandbag. I've seen it happen many times, what difference does it make if it was on purpose or accident? Why suddenly do killers have some moral code they must uphold to protect survivors?

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@thesuicidefox said:

No bull #########. If I make it look like an accident, I throw a pallet to block someone or unhook them in front of the killer, what does the killer do? THEY KILL THEM.

I'm simply gonna try to get both of you in those kind of situations.

2 hooks, 2 BBQ's stacks.

Profit.

I'm gonna stay closer to your hook tho.

• thesuicidefox

@Giche said:

@thesuicidefox said:

I'm simply gonna try to get both of you in those kind of situations.

2 hooks, 2 BBQ's stacks.

Profit.

I'm gonna stay closer to your hook tho.

Still doesn't change the fact you are lying and would gladly take another survivor if I handed them to you on a platter.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited October 2018

@thesuicidefox said:
    All I'm getting from this thread is that killers are hypocrites because none of you would turn down a free kill if I gave it to you. You are all lying right to my face, you'd gladly take the guy I sandbag. I've seen it happen many times, what difference does it make if it was on purpose or accident? Why suddenly do killers have some moral code they must uphold to protect survivors?

You know what's sadder than someone asking how to communicate to a killer that they wish to intentionally screw over the rest of the players in their matches?

Watching them whine and throw their toys out of the pram when they aren't greeted by a rush of "Good on you...here's how you do it!"

I've seen plenty of killers refuse to take a kill handed to them by trash survivors. I've jumped into hiding spots to see a cowardly survivor being pursued, stop and point out my spot....only to see them get downed before the killer nods or spins at me, allowing me to escape. More than a few times I've had the same kind of coward (again being pursued) run at my hooked survivor, blatantly unhooking me as a distraction, only to watch the killer swerve away from me to catch them.

Not every killer is an angel, some of them might take that free kill, but in all my time as a survivor, the majority will punish the trash player.

@thesuicidefox said:

You bleat out 'LIARS' to everyone here who condemns your actions when your initial post pretty much underlines that every killer does NOT in fact always take the free kill. If you don't want to play survivor properly, then i suggest you play killer, who knows, maybe you'll happen upon a benevolent survivor, willing to play scummy tactics because they either cannot play survivor properly, or simply has the mindset of a troll who delights in ruining other peoples games.

Killers who won't play your little games have their own reasons, some want a fair game, some think there is enough toxicity in the game without adding to it by teaming up with a trash survivor, some don't want to participate in what is a bannable offence, and maybe, just maybe....some derive the same pleasure from squashing a trash player under their boot as they might do when they squish a teabagging flashlighting trash talker.

Just something to think about.

• Khroalthemadbomber

@SoylentPixie Amen to that<3

• thesuicidefox

@SoylentPixie said:

@thesuicidefox said:

You know what's sadder than someone asking how to communicate to a killer that they wish to intentionally screw over the rest of the players in their matches?

Watching them whine and throw their toys out of the pram when they aren't greeted by a rush of "Good on you...here's how you do it!"

I've seen plenty of killers refuse to take a kill handed to them by trash survivors. I've jumped into hiding spots to see a cowardly survivor being pursued, stop and point out my spot....only to see them get downed before the killer nods or spins at me, allowing me to escape. More than a few times I've had the same kind of coward (again being pursued) run at my hooked survivor, blatantly unhooking me as a distraction, only to watch the killer swerve away from me to catch them.

Not every killer is an angel, some of them might take that free kill, but in all my time as a survivor, the majority will punish the trash player.

@thesuicidefox said:

You bleat out 'LIARS' to everyone here who condemns your actions when your initial post pretty much underlines that every killer does NOT in fact always take the free kill. If you don't want to play survivor properly, then i suggest you play killer, who knows, maybe you'll happen upon a benevolent survivor, willing to play scummy tactics because they either cannot play survivor properly, or simply has the mindset of a troll who delights in ruining other peoples games.

Killers who won't play your little games have their own reasons, some want a fair game, some think there is enough toxicity in the game without adding to it by teaming up with a trash survivor, some don't want to participate in what is a bannable offence, and maybe, just maybe....some derive the same pleasure from squashing a trash player under their boot as they might do when they squish a teabagging flashlighting trash talker.

Just something to think about.

I do play killer, rank 1 Freddy so...

My point is that the killers that understand what I'm doing still take the free kills. The LF took the Claud but then killed me too. It seems clear the only reason he did it was because he thought I was trolling him with OOO.

All I need to do is make my actions look like accidents and killers will take it every time.