The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it me or has the playerbase gotten scummier?

I don't play for long, started shortly before the 4th anniversary.

But since the last rank reset (not even since crossplay) I see such a massive drop in people's decency, especially on killer side.

camping, tunneling, noed and general scumminess are rampant, regardless of rank. Like, between the end of the anniversary and the latest rank reset it was maybe 1 in 6-9 killers that was just obnoxious.

now it's... every match. maybe 1 in 20-40 has a decent and fair-ish killer.

Worst bit? Something I loved before was when more than one person brings a BP boost for everyone (streamers or cake) many people silently agreed it's time to farm.

this time with the petals? Nothing. in fact, it seems a lot of killers see it as an invitation to play extra scummy, as if someone brought the petals to help them and only them to more bloodpoints.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,132

Xbox player here. It hasn't been the same from my experience. It's been quite some time since I've seen a truely scummy killer, and whilst it's been more recent in terms of survivors being scummy, it's not been anything close to how it was a fair few months ago.

Obviously, everyone has different experiences, so am not doubting you at all. I'm just not seeing anything close to that from what I've come across.

Is it a platform thing?

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    edited October 2020

Yup, for me (Europe Region), it has been like this for 3 months now... Devs have been warned 3 months ago by many EU players on this forum.

What did they do ? A survey about performances/framerates, a survey about quality of life and releasing skins.

3 Months - 500 hours of work per salary - around 8 millions dollars earned (calculate from the year earnings of the company).

0 rework idea, 0 information about performances hotfix (at least not much), 0 info on new gameplay mechanics to avoid the camping/tunneling problem etc... BUT dozens of skins. Take your wallet and buy skins... It's the way i feel.

Where does our money go ? Who knows...

For some times now all my posts on this forum are negativ but i think i'm clearly unbiased about the state of the game. If BHVR starts to make a step in the right direction, my posts will be more positive but for now, it's terrible (only the maps rework + blight are good).

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    edited October 2020

Ehh a change in perspective helps or a change of mind makes the games fell much better.

Some people I've seen try to blame it on things such as consoles players or blendettes but honestly I like to try my hardest to play as killer and survivor.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

so do I.

Like, when I play killer, i only get the occasional toxic swf, but often even those turn out good sports when they see my perks and acknowledge I play as fair as possible.

But playing as survivor has become a bit of a chore. And to the person who said 'they play 'for fun': none of the things you listed are 'fun', especially when they happen in every match. It's just exhausting after a certain point.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,742

Ahhhh yes boopers can still get leniency, especially where cakes are concerned.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It was organic... no streamer or cake was used... wish I recorded it

• JPLongstreet

That's the best kind! I've remember being on a corn map, couldn't find anyone. Then I see all four on a hill worshipping a jigsaw box. How could I refuse such cuties? I got hooks, they got pallet stuns, showed em my totems, good times. It's somewhere on my YT.

Don't think any cakes were offered then either I'll have to look.

• RaSavage42

Ironically enough

My game was also on a corn map

I was walking around... whispers activates so I crouch and a wild Nea appeared the rest was history

• JPLongstreet

That should have worked out also, since the Nea killed the others after they cleared the gates!

• RaSavage42
  • JPLongstreet

True. Also she needs to share them bloodpoints for us herding survivors to slaughter by her.

Just sayin

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

This is all because bhvr said a big screw you to it’s players mostly killer for money. You can try and say they aren’t biased towards survivor but the facts are there because survivor is the majority and brings in more money. And the biggest issue comes from two licensed characters. My point is killers have decided to not give a crap about fun if survivors can have a million crutches, know the killers every move, have infinites to loop, and there is more then just that. And no I am not a killer main I play both sides and as of late when I do actually play this crap game it’s more survivor cuz for the reasons above killer isn’t fun.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Maybe it's not the players, more your general attitude towards the game. Every new player lives through several stages. Vets are in the last stage.

Depression.

• Dead_By_Devs
    Dead_By_Devs Member Posts: 40

I mean, i mostly became scummier, after countless of toxic SWF squads corrupting me over time. I then became scummy and tryhardy to players that didn't deserve it.

Those people are probably gonna tryhard in a swf group doing the same things to some poor noob killer.

And the cycle continues.

I'm not proud of it but i have atleast stopped to expect a 4K in all my games(tho i get quite salty when a team full of key users cries over a red mori).

• RaSavage42

We all got bit by the Entity, the venom is affecting us all

But the Anti-venom is behind a paywall (sorry... I had to)

Well I'm on forced vacation... Or I would've suggested finding each other and playing KYF (seems that we aren't toxic...yet)

@JPLongstreet @RizeAki

And any others who wanted to... ( One can wish for happy things right?)

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202

Before I stopped playing I used to play fair so everyone had a good time. After some time playing killer I realized most survivors play to make sure I’m not having a good time. So I started playing every match without caring for anyone else’s fun until I stopped playing.

• RizeAki

Love that joke about the pay wall lol even if the sad part it’s not a joke at all 😂😭

• RaSavage42

I felt the need to try and keep it lightweighted But I have heavy feet

• RizeAki

Honestly I’m just waiting till my “jokes” get me banned from the forums cuz I’m not afraid to talk about our overlords I don’t play their game anymore anyways 😉

So sorry but I won’t obey 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No, not that I can tell? I don't see any difference in the behavior of Survivors or Killers now than when I started, except for the fact that I don't interact with newbies near as much. My Rank has hit the point that I don't encounter Potatoes. I suspect you and I look at the game differently, because I don't have a problem with either role playing hard just as long as they shake hands and are cordial after the game ends.

• RaSavage42

All good...

BTW what other games do you play?

OR do I need to keep the perk puns going?

• RizeAki

Currently gta v until Cold War zombies comes out. Sadly I pick the worst games to play as Blizzard, Activision, BHVR, and Rockstar all do the same crap 😂

• RaSavage42

I hear you on that....

I play Overwatch and The Division 2

Might start playing more R6 Siege (but I'm terrible and so far behind)

So can I keep going with jokes... I have an Iron Will to force them to work

• RizeAki

Yeah let’s just hope we can get a lucky break and this game doesn’t devour our hopes for it to become better

• RaSavage42

We can be visionary...But it seems a bit distorted

Our cries have been tuned by a Huntress Lullaby

This game maybe on Borrowed Time... but a Decisive Strike can change it

Just have a Calm Spirit and Mad Grit and We'll Make it

I lost my Iron Grasp on my train of thought...

Your Turn

• iggySoSickly
    iggySoSickly Member Posts: 1

I play on ps4, and toxicity from swf is through the roof.

I like to think I'm a pretty fair killer (sometimes to a fault). But regardless of the perks I run, or strategies I use, it seems like every other game I have to deal with survivor squads who'd rather antagonize the killer and be a**holes, than play the game. Friends who body block, t-bag, run crutch perks, then send hateful messages post-match.

It's superrrrrrrrr toxic.

I will say though, on the survivor side of things, it's a rarity to encounter toxic killers on ps4. When you don't t-bag or purposefully annoy the killer (yes, even with a pre-made squad), 9/10 times, the killer plays fairly. Noo problems.

[Hate mail from killers: 0

Hate mail from swf: Too many to count]

I think regardless of the perks you run, playing the game with good intent will always lead to a healthier game environment. It's unfortunate some people find more joy in provoking others than actually playing the game.

• Hamburgerlar
    Hamburgerlar Member Posts: 58

It's because killers won't follow the survivors guide to be a killer.

Shucks mister guess you'll need to just play a different game to get over it.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

it's also the Halloween event so you're going to get a lot of people that come back for it. and both sides can play however they want. The only time I would expect mercy from a killer is when two people on my survivor team DC at the same time well into the match because they don't like how it's going. Even then it's not guaranteed. That's just my personal opinion I'm not saying that it has to or will happen.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

as the game grows, more people come in and don't keep to the "UNWRITTEN RULES"

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I'd like those to be written down somewhere so I could know what they are. Yes I see the contradiction

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

Well no. If people bring bp add ons I will not farm. It's not fun. And it's not what were here to play the game for. So having a go at people for that is stupid.

But when it comes to scummy plays I find it more to be on the survivors side. Killers can use noed. Like I'm sorry but it's a perk in a game that people can choose to use there's nothing you can do about it except cleanse totems which take a minuscule amount of time. As for killers camping and tunneling. I understand it happening in end game. To confirm a kill. Heck I even understand that sometimes you get gen rushed and need to get rid of someone. It's a fair tactic. You don't say Oh well I'm not gonna do this gen because I feel bad for the killer, because it's your task, same thing for the killer. It sucks to get tunneled but it also sucks to get teabagged and flashlight spammed.

However camping just for the sake of camping is unfun. So I agree with you their. I just find more often then not survivors earn being camped by doing toxic things to annoy the killer. It's rare to see a killer full on camp someone mid game because it's a very bad tactic unlike tunneling. If you do against a camper just do gens. It sucks but it's always been this way and probably always will.

But what can we do?

• MeltingPenguins

Use common sense and human decency? For a change?

Look, there are killers where Noed is alright. Wraith, for example.

But on Bubba? Michael? Ghostface? Running Noed on them, or in combo with an iri insta-down on any killer with an 'easy' on (huntress, clown) is nothing more than saying that you don't know how to play the killer, yet want to pretend you mastered them.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No I see less t-bagging/tunneling etc now. Around Ruin nerf there were a bit of a toxic war from both sides but now it's fine.

• MeltingPenguins
    edited October 2020

you know, it might be a regional thing, all things considered. you're lucky

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

If we are gonna bring in iri head hatches into it. Then yeah that is a crapoy thing to do especially with noed. But if you think that's a common occurrence then you just got terrible luck.

As for common sense and human decency. Your expecting that from a players of a game were money spending is priority in the devs eyes instead of fun. To which their our countless examples.

And lastly That's YOUR opinion. You think noed is op. And your entitled to your opinion. In my opinion as a survivor and a killer noed whilst it can be good, I hardly see it and it's very easy to stop just by cleansing totems. Which let's face it aren't exactly hidden. It's a hex perk. They are meant to be high risk, high reward. And I think it does that. It punishes players who rush gens instead of looking for totems as well.

And like any perk they can be used with any killer. You cannot control how people play and what they choose to use. Same with survivors.

So I think it would be more effective taking it to the devs rather than the players. Although I doubt they'll do anything about it. Kinda just gotten use to it now.