Most frightening moment you've had while playing?

As much as I'm used to this game after almost a year of playing, there's still moments I end up screeching at. Usually as killer when I'm hunting down survivors and end up pallet stunned out of nowhere. I play both sides, but survivor I'm chill unless there's a Myers I haven't found until I turn around and he's watching me, so what's been the scariest moment for everyone else?

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

Myers, im in a corner of the map doing a Gen, I see Spine chill go off, but dont see him in any corner.

He was behind me, and he bypassed the Spine chill too. I jumped like I never did.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

Honestly, it's terrifying to play against scratched mirror Myers as a survivor, but playing him as killer is amazing.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

A Ghostface managed to pull me off a gen while I had Spinechill equipped. He had to have moonwalked or aimed away from the gen while walking to it in order to do so because the second I see it flash, I get self conscious and sneak away. It never came one and he stopped my heart. I don’t know how I didn’t stain my undies at that moment.

A pallet stun out of nowhere is a close second. I’m just patrolling gens, minding my own business and bam! Meanie Survivor just whacks me on my head.

• itsaconehead

This is why I went from being a pyramid head main to Myers main, I feel like you get better chases.

• itsaconehead

Pallet stuns out of nowhere make me scream, but depending on the killer the stun noise makes it worth it for the giggles.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118

I think scariest thing for me that I can remember is this one David that kept running into me when I was playing a short killer. I would get so scared I accidentally hit him. Just getting an entire camera full of davids face when I can't even hear him.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

playing killer and a survivor is camping a random pallet and scares the crap out of me.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

When I see a Scoops outfit in lobby. My pants are a cook out with the amount of chili suddenly produced.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I can't boil it down to a specific moment that I remember, but I do still quite enjoy the suspense of figuring out just which killer I'm playing against at the beginning of a match.

Like, will it be Myers/Wraith/Ghost Face sneaking up on me? Is Hillbilly, Spirit, or Nurse about to warp into proximity from out of nowhere? Do I hear a hum to imply that hatchets may start flying?

...Or is it obviously just Freddy ruining the surprise of this moment (since you immediately start falling asleep once the trial starts)?

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Easy;

Hag, Nurse, Spirit, Ghostface, Myers, Pig. ONI WITH TINKERER'S

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited October 2020

Recently I played a match against a Billy on Lerys. I was in a SWF. I suck at 360ing Billy's chainsaw. I'm in the middle room and he chases me. I drop a pallet early and he doesn't break it. I screwed up a mind game and he one shot me. Very bad chase on my part.

2nd encounter I was looping a desk that was chest height. Somehow he chainsawed me over the counter. As if he was meleeing over a fence in Hadonfield. I call BS on that one.

The 3rd time however. It's just me and 1 other person left. Maybe my pathing was exceptional this time but I lead him on a chase for the last 2 gens. 3 times he tried to get on my ass and chainsaw me point blank and he hit some debris. Every time we get to a pallet I would drop it early thinking it would block the chainsaw. He wouldn't destroy it and was afraid of getting stunned. He would just rev his saw and loop around trying to get a hit on me. I found a vault and hoped over. He tried to walk backwards with his chainsaw revved to try to trick me and I didn't fall for it. He ended up hitting more debris and I got even further from him. One spot I somehow timed the drop so well that it stunned Billy in mid sprint without breaking the pallet. One pallet loop it was safe so I looped it until I had to drop the pallet. He revved his saw constantly trying to get me around a corner. Hoping I would double back or misread a mind game. I didn't screw it up this time. We looped this one pallet so much his chainsaw overheated. My buddy opens a gate and I tell him to leave. I'm leading Billy on a chase on the outer edges of Lerys while trying to find a gate. I guess his chainsaw was still overheated because in those long pathways he didn't try to chainsaw me. He eventually got on my ass and swung but magically I was on top of the hatch and I got out. I didn't even hear it over the chase music. I didn't even know it was there because it was obscured by grass. I just saw the option to jump in and got out.

I ranted a bit there but that 3rd chase was intense. So many times I thought he was going to chainsaw me and finish me off. I was on death hook, half that chase I was injured. The fact that he got me twice very easily felt like I redeemed myself. That would have been a 4k had he caught me. All this was running through my mind as I was running from room to room. My routing sucks so I have no idea where to run in Lerys. I was just running and by luck I found rooms with windows and pallets. I felt like dead weight in the first half of that match because I tend to suck against Billy but I ended up with 2nd most points and I double pipped. Not so much the scare of getting removed without doing much but all those close calls is what thrilled me. All through chat I was saying "Yeah he got me here. WAIT, HE MISSED!"

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Every time I see Neas face

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084
    edited October 2020

Most frightening moment was easily a Prayer Beads Spirit. I saw another Survivor going down instantly, so I thought it was an Iri Head Huntress, since I did not hear a Chainsaw (in fact, they got grabbed). I went for the Unhook and suddenly the Spirit jumps in my face. I almost got a heart attack, it took me like 5-10 minutes to calm down from that.

But that was the only good thing about this Add On, the Jumpscares.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I was playing against a Wraith on Dead Dawg Saloon. I was in the saloon, going to fix the upstairs gen, but then I noticed the Wraith (cloaked) was coming toward the area, so I used Urban Evasion to try to sneak away. I ended up on the other side of a breakable wall while the Wraith (still cloaked) was chasing someone else.

The survivor vaults through the window next to the breakable wall and drops down the hole shortly before I hear a loud "crack" and the wall just explodes in my face The Wraith drops down the hole upstairs and continues his chase without seeing me, thankfully, but that was definitely one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me in DbD.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

Random pallet out of nowhere and random chase music in corn make me jump as a killer.

Haven't experienced any scare as a survivor yet

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

Many moments involving Mikey. Particularly if he's scratched mirror.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,219

All gens were done, and I haven't seen the Killer the entire match. Everyone else had an encounter with the Pig, but I didn't.

I go to open the Exit Gate when Spine Chill goes off. So I run for a bit then begin walking to lose my trail. After a bit, I think I'm in the clear, so I look behind me.

Yeah, Pig was barely three feet away from me.

No Killer before or since that match has ever made me scream. Jump, maybe, but never scream.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Playing Myers one time on Thompson House I found some survivors working on the upstairs gen while I was outside the house. I popped T3 and went in the house. As I'm on the first floor, I believe it was a Meg that dropped down right in my face (probably thought I was upstairs and popped T3 right behind them). Scared the sh*t outta me and probably her as well when I downed her as she dropped from the second floor 😂

• itsaconehead

Wait until you're fixing a gen and another survivor comes to help you fix it and you think it's the killer. Done that one too many times.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

My friend and I are working a gen on one of the cold wind farm maps. I have empathy so I'm watching one of the other players and it looks like they are still running from the killer, PH in this case.

I let my buddy know the other player just dropped a pallet and are still going strong so we can keeping working when out of no where a silent PH grabs her off the gen. We were both screaming and she accidently threw her controller.

Later that day, same map, we are working a gen with the other two survivors when the Meg stops and flashlights behind the Nea. We all do the stupid thing and don't check as she runs off because no heart beat and my friend says spin chill didn't go off.

I will admit to not really paying attention to the game this Match cause we had 4 afk killers in a row after that PH and wasn't really looking around. After another 10 to 15 seconds of the Meg not coming back I start looking around and sure enough behind the Nea on the hill is Myer's, I screamed cause I was not expecting that and yelled run, I startled my friend so bad she missed her skill check which made it worse.

Thanks to that we had a Tier 3 Myers who downed us all pretty damn quick, but hey no more AKF killers after that lol

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Usually it involves a stealth Killer appearing out of nowhere, bonus points if its from an out of the way corridor and they manage to not activate my Spine Chill.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

The first ever match I faced a Ghostface. At the time he was fairly new so I didn't 100% understand he hid his TR, I just thought he could stalk to insta-down. I screamed like a little girl when he just grabbed me from a gen from nowhere. Still happens to this day. Ghostface, Myers and Hag are the literal only 3 that still scare the crap out of me when they just appear from nowhere.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Went up against a lagswitching Leatherface last year lmao.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I'm going to echo a lot of the people here and say tier 1 Myers. It doesn't even have to be Scratched Mirror. Every time I see an undetectable Myers come around a corner and start looking at me I freak out and run away crying for mommy.

I also had a killer match recently where I was carrying someone to a hook and someone hit me qith a Hrad On save out of a completely random out-of-the-way locker. It actually made me jump out of my seat. After the match I chastised them for jump-scaring the killer. That's not how this is supposed to work!

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

The tension of playing against a good Nurse and not having been found yet.

Except that never happens anymore because the devs made Nurse so distasteful to play (and remember, everything is relative, and in Nurse's case, to how she was before/what her optimal design could be).

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Myers is my own Killer, and exclusive until I hit Rank-1. Thus, I am most frightened as a Survivor when I drop into "The Game" or "Hawkins" map and I haven't heard a heartbeat within the first minute. Then I know I'm dealing with a Stealth Killer. What is worse, I start to suspect (particularly if the map was the Killer's choice) that I'm dealing with my own Alter-Ego, the Spooky Myers (Scratched Mirror+Boyfriend's Memo). I don't breath a sigh of relief until I'm proven wrong, and even though I just KNOW it is Mikey I still jump when he intercepts me and jumps out from around a corner to get me.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Finding Dwight in a locker when I just wanted to reload.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

when i see a loby with a 4 man with everyone above 3k hours thats pure fear.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

4 megs in the lobby all in their default cosmetic, and all moving in synchronicity.

It looked damn creepy.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    edited October 2020

The first time I ever saw Hag pull someone out of a locker. I about peed my pants.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Hoping the game doesn't freeze or crash during a chase lmao

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

I was swf with my cousin and I ran away from a gem we popped on abbotoir and I see my teammate in front me like a small glimpse of black and then I looked behind me, then back ahead and bam ghost face and I screamed. It was terrifying

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

the most frightening thing is when you play killer and pick up a survivor and instantly hear the loud breathing of a Meg running around the corner for the flashlight / pallet save...