We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PS4 Framedrop fix when?

Any news on when the game's gonna be playable again on PS4? These framedrops are absolutely killing me on both sides. Thanks

Comments

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

I hope its not more than 2 days from now, can’t take this anymore.. frames constantly drop at the most important times

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Was hoping it'd be soon but seems like they don't understand how ps4 consoles work. Telling people to update ps4 firmware as a fix even though you can't play online games if your system isn't using the most recent one doesn't make me think they will be able to fix the performance issues anytime soon. 😔

• Every1poops
    Every1poops Member Posts: 63

I've had it with this game. Been playing on console for a couple years and switched to PC in March and I've never seen PS4 performance so poor.

The balancing decisions, performance issues, bugs and shameless money grubbing tactics (this years halloween event) have finally drove me away. This will be the first Rift and upcoming DLC I won't be purchasing. I absolutely refuse to support BHVR right now and it would take a complete 180 turn around to change my mind.

BTW I love this game and DO NOT want to see it fail but honestly, if things keep going this way it will fade in obscurity.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,797
  • Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

last time I played (yesterday) it was far, far worse than the other days - which yeah were really bad, but this time were astoundingly bad.

The only thing that changed is that I did use ≈30gb more of data on my HDD. I wonder if the available space on the hard-disk has anything to do with this shitshow.

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 240
    edited October 2020

Lost count of the amount of times I think I'm about to drop a pallet and then zap to complete no mans land and get downed. And vice versa, about to down a survivor just for the frames to skip and the surv is plain gone. (Especially bad when entering bloodlust)

Its ok though, I stupidly bought the Ghostface halloween cosmetic with auric cells a day before they made it available for shards too, so that was nice 👍🏻

• BigFudge

I did see this comment, was just hoping that now a few days have passed they may be able to at least give an update or let us know there is light at the end of the tunnel

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

It’s so upsetting.. I took a little break around rank reset so I would come back excited to play the Halloween event and it’s basically unplayable.. at least for me it’s been unbearable.

• CaenumPlays_
    CaenumPlays_ Member Posts: 45

Mine has just got worse and worse as the days have gone on. The frame issues and lag combined with the utterly boring Ruin/Undying meta I have to deal with as Survivor made me switch to Killer, but my god it’s even worse as Killer.

Frame drops, sometimes literally 0 frames for a good second or two, lag that teleports me everywhere, dodgy hits, missing hits as Killer, stuttering. I’m just so done at this point.

if any of you think this will be fixed next week in time for the double BP weekend I feel sorry for you.

Officially putting the game down for a long rest. The “event” is nothing anyway, just some offerings which give you an extra 5-20 thousand points. How amazing. I have Escape Cakes and Survivor Puddings for that.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Knowing bhvr and consoles, never. They said theyd optimize consoles like 2 years ago. When it comes to the console side of things, , NEVER, take bhvrs words at face value. They dont care about console that much is plain to see

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Ive played since december of 2017. I started out loving the devs and the game. Now? Now im justing waiting for it to die so the devs will see how badly they handled it

• BigFudge

Same, had it since console release and do genuinely love the game. The devs really dont seem to care ever since cosmetic store opened 🤔