Thoughts on the event?

Just wanted to know what everyone's thinking about Halloween this year, what you wish was different, that kind of stuff.

Comments

• II_KURO_II
    II_KURO_II Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2020

Eternal Blight

edit: thought it was a real question, lol

Post edited by II_KURO_II on
  • Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,111

Well you see i was fine for the most part you know i seen the outfits and thought "cool new stuff" but then they went and lowered all the outfits to 9k shards instead of the 21k which i paid for one and i now have to eat that loss of time invested because they didn't think ahead and decided to try to make a band-aid fix which caused even more anger in other people.

• II_KURO_II

I'm on PS4 and I can play just fine.

I'm lucky, I guess?

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Very lucky. Majority of ps4 players cant even play the game due to *ahem* POOOOR OPTIMIZATIOOOOON.

• II_KURO_II

Yeah, that is pretty annoying.

I bought the new Yui outfit with AC, and kt was pretty annoying to find out the literal next day that I could've bought two outfits.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Wish devs would introduce 1 new “Blighty” Halloweenish, Spooky kinda map EVERY year for this event. Then make those offerings Ultra Rare on the Bloodweb appearing as infrequently as possible, while still providing some opportunities for players to attain them. Then, each year, make those maps appear more frequently.

We’d all have 3 new Eternal Blight maps to play on now, and counting! 🎃👻

...I love maps 🥳

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084
    edited October 2020

Its not an event. It is an advertisement for the new Skins. The "Event" is only about BP-Offerings, but for that he Pustulas are too rare and provide almost no extra-BPs.

Looking forward to the Bloodhunt tho (and I appreciate the Login Rewards). But if thats what BHVR thinks about Halloween Events in the future, they should not even bother next year.

• II_KURO_II
    edited October 2020

I didn't even notice the Pustulas gave extra BP. And, I feel like they should atleast give us more lore and outfits next year, even if there's no "event."

Edit : Speaking of lore, did we get anything new?

• BeardNoEvil
    BeardNoEvil Member Posts: 29

I wouldn't even consider this an event. Its Halloween, literally the prime time of the year for a game like DBD. With so many more people playing, and with how awful this year has been for everyone, if I were them, I would have thrown the whole playbook at this event.

New Map

Halloween Costumes for Characters

Limited Time Game Mode

Halloween themed decor over everything

Special mini "rift" pass thats totally free and has you unlocking charms, bp, cosmetics, Iri shards, the list goes on and on.

Honestly, I cant even fathom what is going on over there. Giving us free BP and Iri shards as log in bonus? It deincentivizes people from playing. You can literally get everything from this event and not play a single match. All rewards, zero time. Log in, buy crap, thats the event.

They should have just given us 2x BP and Iri shards from the start of the event anyway. The log in bonus is just a band aid on a broken finger.

Basically, its a horror game that rewards you for not playing it during Halloween. Thats what we have. To me, that just seems sad and a terrible way to try and squeeze a few extra bucks out of the fans.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I'm having fun; it mixed up the normal games just a bit. Could it have been more extravagant? Sure. But I have no complaints. I dig my Dwrightcrow. I love my Blighted Jack for my Myer's hooks.

• II_KURO_II

Then I'm here wishing I could get a Dwightcrow, probably running from you.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

If I see a Streamer giving out codes.... I'll post. Keep an eye on the Forum. I got mine because someone gave me a head's up.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

It’s a cash grab in a Halloween costume

not an event

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

There is some Lore in the Archives, but I think what is already unlocked is from previous Halloween-Events.

And yes, they provide BPs. Usually it would be 1k BPs per Blighted Hook/Gen, with a Pustula burned it is 3k BPs. Which would be somewhat ok if more people would burn them/get them. But they seem to be quite hard to get, I saved some BPs before the event started on my Nea and I got 4 Pustulas for 700k BPs.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

To feedback section you go :D

But seriously, this event doesn't motivate me to play at all.

• Free path of the rift is bad (except for Legion skin)
    • Pustula petals are not worth it considering the price and the outcome
    • Killer add-on sucks
    • I don't use flashlight so the new add-on for me is useless.
    • No double bloodpoints yet
    • There is too much grind as always
  • Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Thumbs down. BHVR wanted to squeeze money out of their playerbase and it backfired, and now they're doing damage control with the lowered prices and login rewards. Its pretty pathetic. How could they not see this coming?