The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME - COMMUNITY CASES

Comments

• NTYourMom
    NTYourMom Member Posts: 10

Player id
    fdad58e0-97f4-11e7-9b5d-052844e0af64

Exact Time: every time after several matches per day but happens really a lot

The exact times: After games, after starting the game, after joining a lobby but most the time when I start the game it shows the red and white symbols so that means the game gonna crash on me

• dennispell
    dennispell Member Posts: 5
    Today, something different happened. Right after the match started, the killer disconnected and when I got back to the main screen, I could join a lobby immediately.
  • Fabrycio
    Fabrycio Member Posts: 1
    Player cloud id: 40abafa1-37b0-4ce9-919a-7c09602c33af

Can't say the exact time, but this it's been happening for about a month.
  • Dragon090
    Dragon090 Member Posts: 5
    • StillSame issue
    • Player ID (under in-game SETTINGS):3c436ecc-413e-4e1e-ae26-3a126756e7ca
    • Exact time the game client started to fail to join games:Oct. 10th 12:00:00(JST)
    • The exact times you tried to join a game again:Oct. 10th 12:01:52(JST)
  • rebelhunter316
    rebelhunter316 Member Posts: 102
    not_Queen said:

Thank you for all the reports!
    Our team extracted some of the profiles and we might get back to you for further investigation.

Thanks queen. Any time frame or?
  • Hathres
    Hathres Member Posts: 3
    Hello good morning, I have had this problem reported since the Sanctuary. I came to play normal before buying the package from shattered BLOODLINE CHAPTER. When I bought this package I had this loading problem after Departure. I just came to comment on this and I hope you will arrange this because I have already lost the desire to play because of this problem. For more information here my ID: 9e358706-1868-4d4f-bc84-8c22e9ee5a90
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    @not_Queen I am sure the team must be trying their best, but it would be great if this gets resolved before the Hallowed Blight event. No pressure though :) 
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

I found a way to fix this, just restart your console and it will work again

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
    edited October 2018

@rebelhunter316 Sadly not. Information has been sent to the team. When I get anything back, I'll notify you all!

• rebelhunter316

I restarted my console and it didn't fix anything..
  • rebelhunter316
    not_Queen said: look

@rebelhunter316 Sadly not. Information has been sent to the team. When I get anything back, I'll notify you all!

Thank you Queen. Hopefully this issue can be resolved. This annoying circle thingy needs to go away. It's becoming quite frustrating waiting to join another game and trying to play with your friends. And I'm pretty sure everyone in this form can agree with me.
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited October 2018

While I'm sure the devs are working on this as a priority, in the meantime there's a workaround that has already been mentioned, I don't remember in which thread.

Start the "Test Internet Connection" and cancel it after the first couple of steps without quitting the game. Go back to DBD and connect to the servers again. It's way faster than restarting the console or waiting the full 3 minutes out.

Edit: grammar

• NTYourMom
    NTYourMom Member Posts: 10

@not_Queen said:

I think that the fix at the new PTB patch so can you tell them if they can check their because I didn't face any problem in the PTB

• rebelhunter316
    NTYourMom said:

@not_Queen said:

I think that the fix at the new PTB patch so can you tell them if they can check their because I didn't face any problem in the PTB

I'm pretty sure it's has to be when the patch happened. But I'm just surprised not everyone is having this issue just some people. Which doesn't make any logical sense. 
  • TheMeatSweats
    TheMeatSweats Member Posts: 1

I dunno if this is where I report this but I've been having this issue for hours now....

• tsukko00
    tsukko00 Member Posts: 1

・Player Cloud ID: 0902b5ea-2011-44f5-b7e5-ea838fa5c1bb

・Exact time: September 26.

・The exact times you tried to join a game again:

After waiting for 3 minutes, or after restarting.

And what I have is a download version.
    Thank you, Google translation.

• Willianwf
    Willianwf Member Posts: 1

Player Cloud ID: 0f5c42ba-1119-4eb2-b68c-31fb99e9990e
    ・Exact time: September 26.
    The exact times you tried to join a game again: After 1 minute.

• syagexexexexe
    syagexexexexe Member Posts: 1

As you already know, perhaps I find out the cause of this bug.
    When I played DBD in my friend's house (with my PS4),this bug didn't occur.
    I think that this bug is caused by NAT type.
    NAT type of my house internet is 3. That of my friend's house is 2.
    I played DBD with Tethering(NAT type is 1),this bug didn't occur.

I am sorry for not being able to explain well because English is not my first language.
    I would be glad if this bug is fixed.

• Khalednazari
    @syagexexexexe

I have two different connections in my house, both are different ISPs and have NAT type 2 when I connect. I'm having this issue on my connection that is wired, but if I switch to my other connection via wifi, the bug goes away. 
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@rebelhunter316 said:
    alivebydeadight said:

I restarted my console and it didn't fix anything..

worked for me

• MWalton
    MWalton Member Posts: 5

Player 

729bc08f-9ead-4316-a143-3069c3fc1efb

started a few weeks ago

happens after every match survivor or killer

Ps 4 downloaded game no disc

• kingviper666
    kingviper666 Member Posts: 3
    Happening to me.  11:22p.m. est

Cloud id:

e805c4c3-370a-40df-8dad-4f1d489d0bca
  • GinaRoadkill
    GinaRoadkill Member Posts: 1
    Player cloud ID: 49421bd0-f3bf-49da-bf38-3722ce687eff.
    This has been happening the last 3-4 weeks. After every game, survivor or killer, I am unable to join a new lobby for between 1-3 minutes. The error message says failed to join game.
  • Player Cloud ID: 4cf339fd-cee8-4323-a948-284422d8e7cf
    Not exactly certain when it started happening but I can give a rough estimate of about the last week of September
    That loading icon remains for about 2 minutes and happens after both survivor and killer games. I can't join lobbies or go back to the home screen during this time. Wud be really grateful if this was resolved at the earliest.
  • DDSG
    DDSG Member Posts: 1

Player Cloud ID: bd31ec8b-f57e-4940-9b27-79947d3c1ee5
    This has been happening to me the last 3-4 weeks after a match (survivor or killer)
    I have to restart the game to join a match

• DriverSoni
    DriverSoni Member Posts: 1

Hello Dead by Daylight Team I have the above mentioned mistake I think because the Agressive Driving Outfit came out the first time I got all the DLCs in the PSN store the time I measured when spinning the circle was 1.55 minute player ID Screenshot

• kevsanchez97
    kevsanchez97 Member Posts: 1
    Player ID: e7fbee7c-8927-4a8a-92f6-0c5ec0bafdf4
    Date it started happening: The exact same date the patch 2.2.0 came out.
    When does it happen: Every single time I finish a match, it doesn’t matter the match result or if I’m playing as killer or survivor. It happens every time
  • Luckystrike2778
    Luckystrike2778 Member Posts: 63

Yep. PS4 here. Download copy. After every match unless killer DC's then its 50/50 if it happens. Been going on since i created the thread " Failed to join game" before this 1 was made

• CampoCrush
    CampoCrush Member Posts: 1
    In game ID: 070acf7b-14a4-4f34-a4d0-115b6134c2ce (PSN is CampoCrush) 

Exact time it started: I didn’t take down the exact time, but it started shortly after the update when the Shattered Bloodline was released. 

Exact times it occurs: Every time I leave a match. If the host quits early on, it won’t occur but I must restart my application after every finished match. I also tried uninstalling and redownloading but it did not help. 
  • dakarai47
    dakarai47 Member Posts: 4
    Player id:b383exda-46e3-af89-3f5b56a7445b

Happened right after the spirit update it happens after literally every single game its very tedious trying play with my friend or even solo queing over and over having to restart my app every game or wait upwards from 4 to 10 mintues. Hope its a fix soon consistent issue deleting and redownloading didnt help,turning ps4 doesn't help,closing app definitely doesn't help i don't know what else to do.
  • dakarai47
    dakarai47 Member Posts: 4
    Player id:b383exda-46e3-af89-3f5b56a7445b

Happened right after the spirit update it happens after literally every single game its very tedious trying play with my friend or even solo queing over and over having to restart my app every game or wait upwards from 4 to 10 mintues. Hope its a fix soon consistent issue deleting and redownloading didnt help,turning ps4 doesn't help,closing app definitely doesn't help i don't know what else to do.
  • xZeroStrike
    xZeroStrike Member Posts: 133

I am almost 100% certain that this is an issue with the ingame store. More specifically the Auric cells. It could be the game attempting to fetch data but it taking a while to do so.

I made this conclusion because it started happening to people starting the day the Trapper's new cosmetics were introduced into the store. Additionally, attempting to open the ingame store, at least on PS4, the same white circle will appear, and it takes a while for the "Auric Cell Packs" to properly load and be accessible.

• mrsaif090
    mrsaif090 Member Posts: 1

I Can't get into a game after every game i have to restart the game agin
    PLAYER CLOUD ID

c23119db-a2ba-49e3-8845-96d9d207ccc5

I don't know when did it started but it is more then a month after the ne ubdate my way become taking more time to restart the game

• Hitm3on3mor3tim3
    Hitm3on3mor3tim3 Member Posts: 28
    Installed update for ps4 2.3.0
    Tried to make killer lobby game crashed. 
    Restarted played two matches now I get error code 8018.
    Cant give any info as I cannot get I to the game at all. 
    I sent a report with the first crash. 
  • Ghost1301
    Ghost1301 Member Posts: 5

@Hitm3on3mor3tim3 said:
    Installed update for ps4 2.3.0
    Tried to make killer lobby game crashed. 
    Restarted played two matches now I get error code 8018.
    Cant give any info as I cannot get I to the game at all. 
    I sent a report with the first crash. 

I just reported this, my friend, the same mistake happened to me now

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

We still don't have an internal repro of this issue. Our team is still trying to isolate what causes the problem for PS4 users. We know this isn't a fix but some users reported that if you are restarting the APP, it helps. They also reported that it was happening more often if your console was in sleep mode for a long time.

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    not_Queen said:

We still don't have an internal repro of this issue. Our team is still trying to isolate what causes the problem for PS4 users. We know this isn't a fix but some users reported that if you are restarting the APP, it helps. They also reported that it was happening more often if your console was in sleep mode for a long time.

Just curious, when you say that the team has extracted profiles of some affected players, does it contain the data log of that issue wherein players are not able to join the match? Or do you guys don't see that problem at all in our profiles? 
    Also, do you have any kind of statistics that as of now, how many players have been affected with this issue?
    Secondly, I have to add that, the problem only persists only on one of my ISPs, when I switch to a different ISP, there's no more loading circle. Switching back to the former network again doesn't fix it either. 
  • clover9608
    clover9608 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018

ID:3c622a45-599b-43aa-aed9-c0247669a2d7

Exact time :  September 24〜All time(Japan Time)

Hello. 

I have continued this bug since the BP2 event end even after the update.

(PS4 Download.no disc)

Post edited by clover9608 on
  • RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Cloud ID: f07629de-92d9-499d-bfdf-c724181f87b2
    Time: 3:30pm mountain time
    Time I retried: I couldn’t even load past the title screen. I’m not having the same exact thing displayed here, but I’m locked at the main title screen and I’m having the “Intialization error”. This happened right after I updated to 2.3.0.
  • OGxFinesseGod
    OGxFinesseGod Member Posts: 4
    Player ID: 24347630-fd05-571b-a400-5b15eae55dd7
    Time: 19:38 Central time
    Can't load past title continuously gives me initialization error, restarting the game or xbox does not resolve the issue.
  • saicha
    saicha Member Posts: 1
    Player Cloud ID: c06715ca-0732-44b1-ae9d-1b0562bb13ed
    ・Exact time: 01:00 UTC.
    The exact times you tried to join a game again: After 1-3 minute.
  • DireWolfDark
    DireWolfDark Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018

I think the issue may be tied to the end match screen. I played ten matches this afternoon and in seven of them I hit the triangle button as soon as the match ended without waiting for the emblems, points, etc to load in. In each of these instances I did not get the spinning circle thing and was able to go right into another match. On the other three matches I waited on everything to load in on the end match screen and then hit the triangle button. In each of these instances I got the spinning circle thing and had to wait two to three minutes before I could start another match. If it is tied to the end match screen that may explain why some are getting it others aren’t depending on how long they sit on the end match screen. I will be doing some more testing tomorrow.

• mei_mei3
    mei_mei3 Member Posts: 1
    Player ID:3078d46b-6af3-4663-820d-523903b8cf13
    this bug started 2-3 weeks ago (probably last update) 
    exact time:11:00 am 17th October(japan time)
  • JadedAmbivert
    JadedAmbivert Member Posts: 1
    Hello Developers! I’ve been experiencing this issue for a couple of weeks now on PS4. It seems to happen every time a game session has come to an end. It normally takes as long as five minutes to finally join a lobby. Thanks for the help! 

Player ID: 99de2f5f55a147d1a8c9e69090c11899

• nekko
    nekko Member Posts: 2
    Player ID : d2a53827-799b-47a3-8f9c-2db32152c06e
    It happens since 27th September.(Japan time)
    Last try : 17th October (Japan time)
  • Alon
    Alon Member Posts: 1
    Player ID:1f089509-61e2-4e34-a86a-09db3dc60388
    This problem started happening about 2-3weeks ago.
    It happens after every game and doesn't load for 3-4 minutes.
  • dennispell
    dennispell Member Posts: 5

I think the issue may be tied to the end match screen. I played ten matches this afternoon and in seven of them I hit the triangle button as soon as the match ended without waiting for the emblems, points, etc to load in. In each of these instances I did not get the spinning circle thing and was able to go right into another match. On the other three matches I waited on everything to load in on the end match screen and then hit the triangle button. In each of these instances I got the spinning circle thing and had to wait two to three minutes before I could start another match. If it is tied to the end match screen that may explain why some are getting it others aren’t depending on how long they sit on the end match screen. I will be doing some more testing tomorrow.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Even when I exit the end match screen as quickly as possible, I still get the white circle and have to wait 2 minutes to play another match. 
  • deez
    deez Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

Player ID: ef7c465b-138b-426c-9c87-e4dac07eeb83
    Exact time the game client started to fail to join games:22:16(Japan Time)
    The exact times you tried to join a game again:22:16(Japan Time)

• dovesidal
    dovesidal Member Posts: 1

Player ID : db7f91c7-775a-4d76-a555-238238fba043

From around October 2 to the present Japan time

I do not record the specific date and time, but it surely occurs after the match ends