Most Hexperks are fine & survivors have enough counters to clear them

PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

Hello,

topic says all: The most Hexperks atm are fine and in my opinion survivors have enough counters to clear them. They have maps and perks and all time to clear them. They also can make the decision to ignore them, but than they must live with the conseq. So many times survivors was asking for second objectives and now we have hexperks like Undying to force survivors to do totems and much ppl here in forums still complain about it. To lazy to do bones ?

I don´t know

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370

One of the biggest gripes that I have with undying is its aura reading feature. That alone makes it hard enough to actually get a hex out of the game combined with the fact that the hex will then just get moved to another totem is just pretty annoying. If the aura reading was removed I feel like fewer people would mind the perk.

But then that would bear the question: What should change with each perk tier?

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Since they've confirmed they're looking at chapter balancing with each Midchapter Patch, the Executioner was this time, I feel like we'll probably get changes to Blight, and his and Felix's perks the next midchapter. Personally, I thing Undying is fine - but I understand why people hate it.

Since it's going to get nerfed, I think it's inevitable, I think they'll remove the aura reading and instead limit how many times it can change a totem. Tier 1 - 1 time. Tier 2 - 2 times. Tier 3 - 3 times.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Theres a reason the counterplay to NOED is not to cleanse totems. Hex perks used to be underpowered, true, but Undying can force a similar situation to NOED (having to cleanse every totem) whilst protecting... Let's be honest, Ruin is the only active-ability Hex it's good with.

Survivors don't have the tools to do totems, not at base. Even the perks and item add-ons are bad and don't really help all that much. The problem is the fact that cleansing so many totems adds more than an entire generator's worth of time waste that solo que just cannot deal with.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

My issue with hex perks is they are suppose to be high risk high reward. Yet some of them the reward is flat out bad.

Huntress Lullaby being the prime example. They get a notification as soon as they touch a gen even though you have no stacks yet. It takes 5 stacks to get the full effect. However by the time you get 5 stacks most gens are already completed. You would think no audio que would slow down the gens but unless your pressure is amazing(or the survivors suck) you won't get 5 hooks in time for when you can benefit from it.

Devour Hope on the other hand is amazing. Gives you a good bonus at 3 stacks, they get no notification until then, 5 stacks the pay off is very nice.

Then there's also the times when survivors spawn in front of a hex totem and we still have bad placements.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2020

well undying in combination with huntress lullaby or devour hope is a bad combination because undying resset the token stacks. 1 more reason to say undying is fine. Siriously: nobody can tell me, that the aurareading from this perk is a problem. Excuse me but, the killer need a little bit luck to see the aura in the right momend. If he doing other stuff or chase another survivor, nothing willhappend. So aura reading on this perk is np and total ok.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I mean, if you count travel time, sure. Not with my luck, since my totems tend to spawn 5 feet from generators, but 5 x 14 = 70, so doing all 5 totems is 10 seconds less than a solo gen with no perks/toolbox. Considering survivors seem perfectly okay with running half a minute to a corner of the map to self-care for 32 seconds, I can't see it being a tremendous burden on solo queue except they just don't want to.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

The people who run to the corner to self care don't do generators, let alone anything actually productive like totems and gens, so your point kinda falls flat.

It's not that I don't want to do totems, it's that I did 3 of them, 3 gens, was chased for another 2, and saved everyone. Its not my fault my team can't do 2 totems.

Hence why I advocate for a totem counter to be basekit, give solos information swf already have (which they said they would be doing 2 years ago now) and remove my least favourite killer perk from the meta simultaneously.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

Undying without aura reading is pretty useless. There's a 50% chance it gets cleansed first so that'd mean there is a 50% chance the perk does absolutely nothing. So that'd make it definitely a massive nerf and people would stop using it.

• Xbob42

My point doesn't fall flat because my point was that many survivors are lazy and can barely play the game, as you yourself immediately pointed out following your first sentence. We really shouldn't be trying to buff or nerf things to accommodate for people who don't want to actually learn how to play at red ranks.

That said, I support now and have supported in the past a totem counter. Universal, everyone sees it including the killer. Killer sees all totems lit properly, survivors see dull totems on the counter until they are affected by a curse or spot a lit totem in LoS.

I also wouldn't be terribly opposed to something like Undying have a different lit totem color, like purple/blue. This could be seen as a nerf since survivors would know to go for it first (if they find it) but the killer could also use this information to know which totem to protect, making for a potentially more strategic game rather than just RNG.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

If you see that killer uses undying, spot a totem you want to clear and do other objectives close to it, then go cleansing once you see killer being too busy to stop you - picking up survivor, being in a chase on the other side of the map, etc etc.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Totem perks are fine.

You run the risk of losing them immediately, so they ought to be strong.

I see complaints about Undying, but the perk is fine. You need to go for totems when you know the killer is busy, then the aura reading is useless.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I agree, the respawn mechanic is already strong enough, personally I would add that aura reading to Hex: Retribution. To answer your question, maybe it could have a limited number of respawns which increases with the tier, for example 2/3/4.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I disagree wholeheartedly with people saying you don't have time to cleanse. On anything but the game and hawkisn I can easily and reliably clea rall totems in under 2 minutes just with small game as a solo player.

The only questionable aspect of Undying is the aura reading.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Every survivor has two hands with which to eliminate all hex perks efficiently.

• MadLordJack

Then perhaps you should try actually playing solo que instead of making assumptions.

• sonia_delos
    sonia_delos Member Posts: 13

I only complained to myself about tough hexes, then I got better. I went through a phase as a survivor where it seemed like EVERY KILLER was using NOED, so I made it my own mission to get better at finding totems. I made it a practice to keep an eye out around corners and all the places totems commonly spawn while moving from gen to gen. Even if all I did was make a quick lap around the map, I can now easily knock out totems.

• Xbob42

Your problem isn't undying then, it's your teammates. Stop trying to solve problems related to your teams sucking ass by changing perks. Make the game encourage people to not suck.

• MadLordJack

But then the killers would never win because the game isn't balanced around having 4 decent survivors and it will literally never be.

And that's still not the issue. The issue is not knowing who is doing what and the extreme amount of time that wastes. Even a totem counter wouldn't fix that.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Hex perks are cool in theory, and they either are hidden well and have an impact, or found in the first 30 seconds are add no value. I wish they somehow took a bit longer to disable/stop from working.

• Xbob42

I dunno, survivors seem to get 5 gens done pretty well without the game telling them who's doing them. Comparing that to totems, the only difference is that the game tells you when a gen is done... which a totem counter would fix.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Most people aren't saying there's not a lot of counters to Undying and stuff, people are saying they want a literal counter that goes from 5 to 0 to show how many totems are still in the match. Survivors and killers who run a hex perk should get a totem counter. You wanna say that totems are a secondary objective? Fine, but it's a secondary objective that solo survivors literally can't even keep track of, which is stupid.

We need a totem counter.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    edited October 2020

If they nerf ruin or undying whitout touching any of the survivor meta perk i can already see the killer getting mad and pissed and quitting the game or swiching to survivor