Your plan to 'keep players out of rank 15-20' isn't working, BHVR

Judgement
Judgement Member Posts: 955
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

I don't know whether this player has modded their save file to put them to Rank 20, or whether Rank Reset is putting them from 15 to 20, but your plan for keeping players out of grey ranks isn't working.
I've known for a while now, realising after getting a rank reset when I was still Rank 16, that Rank Reset can put someone's rank in the 15-20 zone.
I went from 16-19 or something once. Or maybe I went 16-20.
It's impossible for this player to have had saved up enough bloodpoints to unlock Deliverance on Adam (which is unlockable at level 35 keep in mind) and then get it to Tier 3 on Feng Min, without having played the game enough to get out of the 15-20 zone, let alone Rank 20 itself.
Unless they played the hell out of Killer games the past few weeks since Shattered Bloodlines came out. That alone I cannot prove.
An idea for this is to, instead of matching by rank, match players by Account Level (as someone said once before). Though Account Level may not be a proper indicator for skill, it's much more meaningful than your terribly-made Ranking System.
Or you could instead add player stats to the game and base matchmaking off of a player's own gameplay statistics. But I don't think putting statistics in the game is a good way to go because it'll likely become the new 'I'm Rank 1 Killer and Survivor' argument.
Or, simply put... prevent Rank Reset itself from putting players between 15 and 20. Let players be put onto 15, yes, but no higher.

Comments

• Judgement

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    When there are no other players at your rank, matchmaking will take a larger group of ranks into account.

I heard several times that queue time is insane for beginners, the whole rank 20-15 idea was completely nonsense if you ask me

If you took a look at the Rank 20's perk, that's definitely not a beginner.
    This is someone who deranked down to Rank 15 then went through a few Rank Resets without playing Survivor the whole time just to play games as a Survivor at Rank 20 with metas.
    This shouldn't be a thing, and yet it is.

• shasta
    shasta Member Posts: 75
    Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    When there are no other players at your rank, matchmaking will take a larger group of ranks into account.

I heard several times that queue time is insane for beginners, the whole rank 20-15 idea was completely nonsense if you ask me

This is someone who deranked down to Rank 15 then went through a few Rank Resets without playing Survivor the whole time just to play games as a Survivor at Rank 20 with metas.

So they used bloodpoints to level up before playing?  You got a 4K what are you complaining about ?  I really don’t understand the problem, @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits this is why they will never be happy no matter what anyone does for them, we have someone who killed everyone and still has a problem even though they were the highest ranked player all because the survivor at rank 20 didn’t have zero perks and stand still the whole match
  • Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

It's a poor implementation of a ranking system all together. But, as we see with the killer victory cube, vanishing act performed by the survivor victory cube followed by emblems, the devs do not care about making anything better. They need to push out patches because their business model demands it. It does not demand quality because we all were poor customers for getting roped into all of this.

• shasta
    edited October 2018

That’s because you purposely derank to be there , how about playing the game right and not bashing noobs and then complaining when noobs bash you back
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I sometimes get rank 1s & 2s in my low/mid rank lobbies.
    It's due to SWF. (Apparently.)
    As if i didn't despise that mode enough...

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    shasta said:

That’s because you purposely derank to be there , how about playing the game right and not bashing noobs and then complaining when noobs bash you back
    There tank 13 heck I was rank 5 2pips form rank 4 and I got reset to 13-12 could have easily been from the reset but a p3 and all thoese perks either a noob from bp event or somone getting points and camakazing the hook
  • jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    People can purposely derank just to go back to R20. I don't see a point in this except players being trolls (most of them). For your comments on the perks it is quite possible the player had saved up a ton of blood points and decided to level their survivor that way or they already had these perks before rank reset. Or, they had teachables. Rank reset just happened yesterday too.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

So they used bloodpoints to level up before playing?  You got a 4K what are you complaining about ?  I really don’t understand the problem, @not_Queen @Patricia @Peanits this is why they will never be happy no matter what anyone does for them, we have someone who killed everyone and still has a problem even though they were the highest ranked player all because the survivor at rank 20 didn’t have zero perks and stand still the whole match
    What OP is complaining about is that a experienced player is playing as rank 20 survivor. 
    Shouldn't be that way.

The fact that he killed them, doesn't matter. 
  • Judgement
    edited October 2018

@shasta said:

Good god my dude, who hurt you?
    It's the fact that this player is sitting at Rank 20 Survivor with metas on their characters as to bash noobs with meta stuff.
    This isn't the first case of 'Rank 15-20 Noob Stomper with metas' I've seen either. If anything, while BHVR have made it more difficult to stay at the low ranks to bully noobs, they have not made it impossible.
    Which is what it should be - impossible. The fact that I got four kills that match has no bearing on the fact that this player can be trolling and being toxic to players who actually are new to the game
    For what reason? Funny moments montages? Genuinely being an ass?
    Either way, what this player's doing can put off newer players from actually playing the game. That's my problem - I want more people playing Dead By Daylight, we all do. But it's players like this who don't let us have such nice things.

• Judgement
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said:
    shasta said:

Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

What OP is complaining about is that a experienced player is playing as rank 20 survivor. 
    Shouldn't be that way.

Thanks for explaining that to them, Tsulan. Just barely beat my post, lol.

• redsopine1
    They should have a rank tracker that works with reset if at any point they reach tank 15 that's the base for reset then if they hit green ranks they can only drop to them from reset if you hit red your stuck in red and purple ranks
  • Tsulan
    Judgement said:

@Tsulan said:
    shasta said:

Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Shouldn't be that way.

Thanks for explaining that to them, Tsulan. Just barely beat my post, lol.

Well, you made a longer post.
    Just beat you to that. ;)

Noob ranks are a good thing. But people found a way to bypass it, to stomp noobs. Which is really bad. Since new players could be scared away, because of those players. 
    This game is incredibly addicting. It's a shame if new players get roflstomped away.
  • shasta
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Shouldn't be that way.

So we shouldn’t be allowed to stack bloodpoints on a character before we use them ? Your defense is bullshit you will defend anything killer sided, he won and the guy he’s complaining about was obviously killed first it probably was a noob who just spent bloodpoints on a character, maybe even a killer main who rarely plays survivor, either way you shouldn’t be complaining when you’re the rank 13 and he’s a rank 20 who lost first
  • shasta
    edited October 2018
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

It's the fact that this player is sitting at Rank 20 Survivor with metas on their characters as to bash noobs with meta stuff.
    This isn't the first case of 'Rank 15-20 Noob Stomper with metas' I've seen either. If anything, while BHVR have made it more difficult to stay at the low ranks to bully noobs, they have not made it impossible.
    Which is what it should be - impossible. The fact that I got four kills that match has no bearing on the fact that this player can be trolling and being toxic to players who actually are new to the game
    Either way, what this player's doing can put off newer players from actually playing the game. That's my problem - I want more people playing Dead By Daylight, we all do. But it's players like this who don't let us have such nice things.

Again how do you know he didn’t just spend bloodpoints on a survivor and is a killer main? He dies first so he’s obviously not the best one of the group
  • shasta
    Now we’re all gonna cry because a rank 20 saved up for perks before playing even though he still got wrecked , you all will NEVER be happy until people start on the hook or already injured standing still, this is why this game will never survive is all these damn crybabies ruining it for everyone else
  • shasta
    Boss said:

This right here is what people should be upset about not what OP is posting, if I were a rank 15 survivor trying to go to twenty it would take 5 months to do with the new system....
  • redsopine1
    shasta said:
    Boss said:

This right here is what people should be upset about not what OP is posting, if I were a rank 15 survivor trying to go to twenty it would take 5 months to do with the new system....

ikr heck I'm still trying to get to green ranks with my p1jake (have bad games like minor lag probably my bad for broadcasting my games) or my most common issue is having 3man swf teams loading in and getting me tunnled by blowing my gens unsafe hooks making noise using bond to find me as there running all that bs)
  • shasta
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

Again how do you know he didn’t just spend bloodpoints on a survivor and is a killer main? He dies first so he’s obviously not the best one of the group
    How do you know he didn't die deliberately?

And yeah, I also like to prestige a character I never play, 3 times. Because #########'s n giggles.
    It would take five months to derank to twenty from fifteen and I p3 my Adam before I even loaded him in a game the first time so yea it does happen
  • Tsulan
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

And yeah, I also like to prestige a character I never play, 3 times. Because #########'s n giggles.
    It would take five months to derank to twenty from fifteen and I p3 my Adam before I even loaded him in a game the first time so yea it does happen
    So you spend 10+ million bloodpoints on a character you never played?

Bold move...
  • shasta
    edited October 2018
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

Bold move...
    Yep because I would rather get all the perks I want before I jump into a match perkless or without perks I prefer 
  • shasta
    makayla said:

They probably did rank reset manually.

There is a program you can use to put your rank to whatever you want, including 20, whenever you want to. I won't say how here because I don't want people to see it and abuse it themselves, but it exists and it works. It's likely that's what she did.

Modifying game files will earn you a ban though and is caught in situations like that most of the time 
  • makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

@shasta said:
    makayla said:

There is a program you can use to put your rank to whatever you want, including 20, whenever you want to. I won't say how here because I don't want people to see it and abuse it themselves, but it exists and it works. It's likely that's what she did.

Modifying game files will earn you a ban though and is caught in situations like that most of the time 

With the program, you don't directly modify your game files, though. I would just say what the program does but I don't want to risk getting forum banned. I know a handful of people that do this and none of them are banned (they also do other questionable things, that's besides the point). It has a weirdly low ban risk, I've never heard of someone getting banned from it.

• Tsulan
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

Bold move...
    Yep because I would rather get all the perks I want before I jump into a match perkless or without perks I prefer 
    What if you don't like the character apart from looks?
  • shasta
    makayla said:

@shasta said:
    makayla said:

With the program, you don't directly modify your game files, though. I would just say what the program does but I don't want to risk getting forum banned. I know a handful of people that do this and none of them are banned (they also do other questionable things, that's besides the point). It has a weirdly low ban risk, I've never heard of someone getting banned from it.

That must be pc specific, I play on pc and Xbox but I’ve never saw anyone use a program to do that, then again I’m a solo player I don’t like swf because everyone becomes a dumbass when someone gets hooked
  • shasta
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

Bold move...
    I don’t mind , if I didn’t want to p3 them I wouldn’t do it but I’m doing it with all my survivors just to have them maxed out on prestige and different perk builds for different characters, it becomes more of “what style do I want to play today?”  Rather than using the same approach over and over 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I believe its totally ok for someone that took a half a year break from DBD to start at rank 20 again

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@makayla said:

@shasta said:
    makayla said:

@makayla said:

@shasta said:
    makayla said:

Just like MLGA basically then.

Also I cant see how you could change your rank without messing with the game files.... but apprently EAC doesnt detect it, and since the devs completely rely on EAC....

• shasta

@Judgement said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I believe its totally ok for someone that took a half a year break from DBD to start at rank 20 again

I actually agree with you on this one , how does anyone know what this person did? They don’t it’s all assumptions and the poor guy died first anyway, it would take 5 months to go all the way to twenty from fifteen and people saying he did it on purpose is dumb because he’s already at twenty why die first? What’s their to gain? Where’s the fun in that when you’re already at the bottom gaining only 3 thousand points a match it makes zero sense
  • Tsulan
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

Bold move...
    I don’t mind , if I didn’t want to p3 them I wouldn’t do it but I’m doing it with all my survivors just to have them maxed out on prestige and different perk builds for different characters, it becomes more of “what style do I want to play today?”  Rather than using the same approach over and over 
    But you are a killer main, yes?
  • shasta
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    Judgement said:

@shasta said:

Bold move...
    But you are a killer main, yes?
    No I play both equally, Myers is my avatar because that’s my all time favorite killer from movies anyway, I like to use Myers,clown,spirit, or nurse at rank one play and I have all of those p3 and everyone else except LF , wraith, and huntress 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited October 2018
    I don't understand. Maybe that guy is a killer main and poured all his saved up points into that survivor? (Edit: you just saying he couldn't have done this doesn't make it a fact)

Regardless, he got less than 4k BP and thus did next to nothing before dying. Sounds like a lot of complaining about nothing to me.
  • shasta
    I don't understand. Maybe that guy is a killer main and poured all his saved up points into that survivor? (Edit: you just saying he couldn't have done this doesn't make it a fact)

Regardless, he got less than 4k BP and thus did next to nothing before dying. Sounds like a lot of complaining about nothing to me.
    Right? I mean why die on purpose at that rank with only 3k points? It makes zero sense and he even got everyone and is still complaining 
  • shasta
    shasta said:
    Boss said:

ikr heck I'm still trying to get to green ranks with my p1jake (have bad games like minor lag probably my bad for broadcasting my games) or my most common issue is having 3man swf teams loading in and getting me tunnled by blowing my gens unsafe hooks making noise using bond to find me as there running all that bs)
    See you my friend have a legit argument here I don’t blame you at all for being upset , but would you be mad if you killed a rank 20 and found out he had perks afterwards? I think these people fail to realize you can stack points on a character before playing the game mode , I know all kinds of people who played killer before survivor just to be an iconic character 
  • Tsulan
    shasta said:
    shasta said:
    Boss said:

See you my friend have a legit argument here I don’t blame you at all for being upset , but would you be mad if you killed a rank 20 and found out he had perks afterwards? I think these people fail to realize you can stack points on a character before playing the game mode , I know all kinds of people who played killer before survivor just to be an iconic character 
    There is no legit argument to purposely derank to face new players. The rank 20 survivor, OP complained about, was a experienced player who didn't belong there.

Same goes for you. You said it took you 5 months to reach rank 20. 
    This isn't something to be proud of.
    Noob stomping is something despicable. 
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said: There is no legit argument to purposely derank to face new players. The rank 20 survivor, OP complained about, was a experienced player who didn't belong there.

Someone gets it. I'm a new player, and already prepared to just shelve the game because of that BS. To save post time (I just woke-up), I already faced Survivors last night at Rank 20 Killer with damned Bloody Clothes. And more than once last night, too.

Here's what I said, just scroll up to my Original Post in the thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/171658#Comment_171658

New players should not be facing Vets when trying to learn that game, never mind doing the Asian grind for bloodpoints and the RNG bloodweb rewards.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    That Survivor is at rank 20 because they either used an exploit to get to rank 20 (it is impossible for the rank reset to bring you down to 20 if you have gotten past rank 15. The lowest it can take you is rank 17) or they played a lot of Killer and put their bloodpoints into their Survivors.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited October 2018

I'm a survivor main that pours BP into killers before playing them too. Just cause I'm P3 doesn't mean I'm an amazing Spirit player.
    This just sounds like another case of unfounded paranoia.
    FYI, ranking is to judge skill, not how long or how much a player has played. Considering that you wiped the floor with them, it looks like it's working as intended.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    @Kilmeran said:

@Tsulan said: There is no legit argument to purposely derank to face new players. The rank 20 survivor, OP complained about, was a experienced player who didn't belong there.

Someone gets it. I'm a new player, and already prepared to just shelve the game because of that BS. To save post time (I just woke-up), I already faced Survivors last night at Rank 20 Killer with damned Bloody Clothes. And more than once last night, too.

Here's what I said, just scroll up to my Original Post in the thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/171658#Comment_171658

New players should not be facing Vets when trying to learn that game, never mind doing the Asian grind for bloodpoints and the RNG bloodweb rewards.

There are plenty of players that have played for a long time and are still hot trash. Believe me, I play with some.
    I'd understand your complaints if you were constantly demolished by these players, but OP's case is not that.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I've been rank 1 survivor solo put into games with all rank <18 players, including the killer who had 1 perk. MM is borked sometimes. Also if all they do is make unsafe hooks and run away from you then they won't pip so they can stay at low ranks for a long time.

• Battletare
    Battletare Member Posts: 5

I think I'm currently a rank 18 killer and I've been playing the game for going on a year(I started playing when Freddy came out). I just don't play killer much because the first person makes me really sick. However, since I've been playing a year my killers have a lot of perks and items. I know the new survivors are at a disadvantage because of it so I play pretty chill. With how little I can play killer it's going to take me a while even with the new system to get to 15.

• shasta
    Tsulan said:
    shasta said:
    shasta said:
    Boss said:

There is no legit argument to purposely derank to face new players. The rank 20 survivor, OP complained about, was a experienced player who didn't belong there.

God you need to learn how to read I never derank I stated that it would take you five months to do so with the new system being what it is being unable to pip down, the guy is a noob obviously, cut your bullshit out defending killers who are complaining about nothing, it’s despicable you’re trying to say this guy is deranking and dying first at rank twenty already are you that remedial, we need to write things out with a crayon for @Tsulan also apparently if he thought I was deranking 
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

Jesus. Have you guys ever known someone to be a really bad player? I have a friend that loves the game and has played casually since release. He has NEVER left rank 20 as survivor and has his Meg maxed. That screenshot doesn't surprise me.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

It's ez.

The real trolls and toxic ones will wait 2 rank resets to start form rank 20 again, just because. And try extra hard just to mess with the killers and try to not pip and crap like that.

All they gotta do is play CIV 5 for a while and then come back.