What this game needs is better tutorial

Options
USELESS
USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

When playing as survivor I think two things

1- I am not playing DBD, I am on a potato farm look at that teammates.

2- who needs the killer with teammates like these that mess up skill checks so hard sometimes.

How I think tutorial could be improved:

Survivors: teach about flashlight saving, pallet saving, look behind while in a chase and introduce looping.

Killers: tech about loops, introduce how to track survivors by crows, teach to not camp using the perk borrowed time as reason.

To both: teach technical stuff like, how much time to finish a gen, how much time takes to the killer end the pickup animation and things like that

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I too would like to see a "advance" tutorial that unlocks after doing the regular one.

Maybe we should also have a DBD hotline that unlocks after the "advanced tutorial" that plays calming music to help with the rage people have once they start playing ^.^

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

In the advanced tutorial the bots could teabag and hit you on hook as a gentle introduction to your dbd future

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I just picture a museum setup where you have exhibits of each survivor tbagging and another with each killer face camping, hahaha.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

The main thing I want is to be able to go into the maps alone, helping me learn about different loops.

Maybe even an individual tutorial for each survivor and killer.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
    edited May 2020
    Options

All the yes to a better tutorial system!

I'd like to think I'm a decent survivor, got hundreds of hours on survivor alone and watched many content creators that know the game through and through, but I still struggle with certain aspects, mostly the flashlight saves.

If only there was a way you could practice them without having to form a KYF lobby with at least 2 others willing to waste their time teaching you something.

It's pretty ridiculous that a rank 1 survivor (me), who's supposed to be the best of the best completely fails every flashlight save...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

What advanced tutorial should have:

• Basic understanding of aura reading
    • All of the current status effects
    • Usage of items
    • Usage of x killer power
  • Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Or an offline mode. DBD mobile has bots, why not the main game?

• troy99
    troy99 Member Posts: 45
    Options

This is really needed, let's bring the topic back