The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

STOP DCing!

Wolf74
Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

As most regular forum reader will know, I am a killer main, but I do play my fair share of survivor games, but at the moment things get way out of control.
To many scumbag douchebags DC as soon as the get found, hit, downed, whatever.
And either their SWF buddies DC along with them or they just DC because they don't want to play a game where one already DCd.
I am not even talking about people that DC during the loading screen or try to derank, which is a stupid move as survivor anyway, because deranking is beneficial to killer, but not survivor, but about people that get found first and downed first.
Boom DC.
Solo survivor like me, that play the game as intended get the affected by this crap the most.
If a killer just leaves, ok, you wasted an offering… boohoohoo… but survivor DC and screw over the killer and all other mates in the team.

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    edited October 2018

Players will never stop DCing until devs punish it, but at the moment devs even endorse the idea of deranking by DCing, so.....

btw, if you Dced you actually didnt lose because you never died :wink:

• Wolf74

Deranking doesn't make sense for survivor.
    Survivor matches get easier the better the mates are and getting higher gives you better mates.
    But as a killer, ranking up is basically a punishment for the very same reason.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

Survivors and killers who Dc are the worst

• Wolf74

@xmenfanatic said:

Survivor are far more worse than killer. Because they do not screw over the killer, but the rest of the survivor.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Until rank matters,i dont care.  At best, rank gives better quality matches sometimes.  

Since rank has no actual value, disconnect away.  Has some do it to me on the game map, ok bye i guess?
  • xmenfanatic

@Wolf74 said:

@xmenfanatic said:

Survivor are far more worse than killer. Because they do not screw over the killer, but the rest of the survivor.

As someone who plays both killer and survivor, both are jerks and ruin the game, both are the worst, I dislike players who suck at the game or pull stupid tactics, not a specific side.

It’s ignorant to try and blame one specific side. I see both killer mains and survivor mains do selfish and stupid stuff to the other side. The rift between the community is caused by both sides being jerks and seeking revenge, or being jerks and exploiting certain mechanics simply because they can.

• Wolf74

@Terrortot said:
    Until rank matters,i dont care.  At best, rank gives better quality matches sometimes.  

Since rank has no actual value, disconnect away.  Has some do it to me on the game map, ok bye i guess?

It's not about IF rank matters, but if I start playing survivor and the first one downed DCs and the second one DCs because the first one DCs... I am screwed as a survivor.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Wolf74 said:

@Terrortot said:

It's not about IF rank matters, but if I start playing survivor and the first one downed DCs and the second one DCs because the first one DCs... I am screwed as a survivor.

Understandable. Keep a mental note of player names and lobby dodge.
  • xmenfanatic

@Wolf74 said:

@Terrortot said:

If a killer DCs, technically the game ends which sucks more then having a challenge and trying to survive with two survivors. I don’t support survivor DCs, but I hate it more when a killer DCs because at least if a survivor DCs I have a chance to play through the game as a killer or a survivor.

I find it more aggravating when a survivor DCs as a killer though. It makes it too easy.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Wolf74 said:
    As most regular forum reader will know, I am a killer main, but I do play my fair share of survivor games, but at the moment things get way out of control.
    And either their SWF buddies DC along with them or they just DC because they don't want to play a game where one already DCd.
    I am not even talking about people that DC during the loading screen or try to derank, which is a stupid move as survivor anyway, because deranking is beneficial to killer, but not survivor, but about people that get found first and downed first.
    Boom DC.
    Solo survivor like me, that play the game as intended get the affected by this crap the most.
    If a killer just leaves, ok, you wasted an offering… boohoohoo… but survivor DC and screw over the killer and all other mates in the team.

if im going to die then "theoretically" my power goes out to the house by some spiritual force and i somehow keep bloodpoints earned in the game along with no de-pip and the item i had. i dont know why this happenes but you should never do this since its against the rules all of this being "theoretical" and is a scenary i imagined in my head

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    Wolf74 said:

@xmenfanatic said:

If the killer quits everyone loses their points, items, offerings etc. Can't say the same when a survivor quits.
  • Wolf74

At the moment I do not bring anything into a match, no items, no offerings, because basically 2/3 matches the first survivor found or downed insta DC. Sometimes another one DC also and I am left with 2 people and 5 gens.
    So I don't bother bring anything atm, so I can't lose anything.

• Wolf74

I just played 4 rounds and it happend 3 times. :P
    Maybe that's how the Devs get their kill/escape stats(?)

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Wolf74 said:

At the moment I do not bring anything into a match, no items, no offerings, because basically 2/3 matches the first survivor found or downed insta DC. Sometimes another one DC also and I am left with 2 people and 5 gens.
    So I don't bother bring anything atm, so I can't lose anything.

This is why I've started DC'ing as a killer now.

When you're losing you'll have all 4 survivors at the exit gates teabagging you and staying post game to tell you to "#########".

How many times do you actually get 4 kills? Maybe 50% of the time? Because the other 50% they'll either DC as they go down the first time, DC before the third hook robbing you of points, or my favourite DC'ing because their friend found the hatch.

So take this match I just had for example. Survivor spawns on my totem. It's gone in 30 seconds. Chase them and down them near the basement. Start carrying them down, they hit their 35% which is ridiculously easy and D-Strike out. I figure if survivors can quit when it doesn't go their way, I can quit too when I get shafted by poor game design.

People can say it's dirty but screw it, if survivors can do it so can I. Don't even care if I get banned at this point because the game is beyond broken until D-strike is gone.
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Wolf74 said:
    Deranking doesn't make sense for survivor.
    Survivor matches get easier the better the mates are and getting higher gives you better mates.
    But as a killer, ranking up is basically a punishment for the very same reason.

Explain me why jendenise deranks with her SWF then.

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13

As a killer, I personnally DC if the survivors find ruin to early (it happens so many time that they find ruin before I do, this is ridiculous...).
    As survivor, I never DC

• The_Crusader
    edited October 2018
    Ysoria said:

As a killer, I personnally DC if the survivors find ruin to early (it happens so many time that they find ruin before I do, this is ridiculous...).
    As survivor, I never DC

I don't blame you. Survivors always DC if you get them down in the first 30 seconds. They don't think it's fair. Yet somehow it's fair for them to spawn on your totems and have it gone in 30 seconds? It's ok for them to re-roll the dice and find a better game but not you?

If my totem is gone and I take a d-strike in the first minute then I'm sure as hell quitting too.
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Ysoria said:
    As survivor, I never DC

If survivors spawncamp my totem, then I can be sure that Im gonna be called "toxic killer" afterwards if you know what I mean :wink:

• The_Crusader
    Just had a game now. Ebony mori.

Mori first guy.
    Knock second one down after getting much teabagging - Disconnect
    Knock third down - disconnect
    Find last one - teabagging all the way, gets knocked down, disconnect.

Great game we have. It's ok though because if I come across multiple insta heal med kits in a game or d-strikes I'll be sure to hard disconnect so they don't get any points.
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Those people watch so popular toxic streamer, try to do the same, they fail and DC.
    Need MORE HEAVY punish for that.
    Lost bloody point.
    1 DC= 1 day ban
    2 DC= 2 days ban
    etc.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Wolf74 @DeadByFlashlight

There has been a huge wave ban on PC with more on the way recently so BHVR is starting to finally take some action. As for we console peasants they are still setting up the ban system so all we can do is wait right now. From what I read it seems like all the data (from reports at endgame and data their system collected) is saved so that once the system is in place bans can begin immediately.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

i can control if my power breaker keeps flipping off by accident i mean what do you expect? you cant punish me for "accidents"

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@The_Crusader said:

Mori first guy.

Great game we have. It's ok though because if I come across multiple insta heal med kits in a game or d-strikes I'll be sure to hard disconnect so they don't get any points.

Isn't that only the case on PS4? I thought they left with whatever points they'd earned so far on PC.

• DeadByFlashlight

@MegaWaffle said:
    @Wolf74 @DeadByFlashlight

There has been a huge wave ban on PC with more on the way recently so BHVR is starting to finally take some action. As for we console peasants they are still setting up the ban system so all we can do is wait right now. From what I read it seems like all the data (from reports at endgame and data their system collected) is saved so that once the system is in place bans can begin immediately.

Certain fogstreamers are still deranking by DCing regularly and are not caught by the system.

• DeadByFlashlight

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    i can control if my power breaker keeps flipping off by accident i mean what do you expect? you cant punish me for "accidents"

Yes they can, just like any other game does too

• The_Crusader
    Justicar said:

@The_Crusader said:

Mori first guy.

Isn't that only the case on PS4? I thought they left with whatever points they'd earned so far on PC.

No idea.

Eh to be honest I wouldn't really do that. Just bugs me how when you play killer you're allowed to lose but you're not allowed to win.
  • feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

I have only one thing to say to the OP of this thread. AMEN.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Wolf74 said:
    Boom DC.

Why shouldnt they DC?

The devs dont hand out harsh punishments for it, so who cares.

Even fogstreamers DC regularly in order to derank and those are supported by BHVR :lol:

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

The most ironic thing in my experience with DC's is that it is usually killer mains playing survivor who are the biggest offenders.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

@Wolf74 said:

@xmenfanatic said:

Killers who dc screw over everyone who loaded into the match... Its terrible equally from both sides.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Disconnecting is simply awful. Everyone should know that hook suicide is the answer!
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I agree, dcing is bad and rude and unfair. I never intentionally disconnect - although I will admit to leaving as killer during the event 2 times; and both of which were because the survivors were being really rude and trying to screw me...I don’t like disconnecting but if you waste my time I will waste yours and move on to another more cooperative match.