48 Hour Ban is Excessive

13»

Comments

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103

Not that long. Only a few times and you’re in the 24-72 hour range. It’s too harsh. they shouldn’t even have a DC system in place if they can’t fix the crashes or have a perfected game with no bugs. If they can’t do that don’t force people into being tortured and then ban them when they don’t want to put up with it and leave or the game crashes or the internet drops. Things happen. If you can’t install a dc system that allows you to rejoin before the match is over to prevent the ban from going into effect then you shouldn’t have a dc penalty at all. You have to give the player a way to avoid it SOMEHOW.

• Acidic_plays
    Acidic_plays Member Posts: 1

Killers being toxic? Evertime someone dcs when I'm playing killer its because they are downed on the ground and on death hook, and want to rob me of a kill for no reason. Every two games I play a survivor dcs, if someone is such a child they can not wait 10 more minutes enstead of leaving and ruining the match for both teams than they should find a different game, thats why the dc penalty is amazing, because they don't care about the people in the match they screw over so they too should get screwed over.

• Jonnykiv
    Jonnykiv Member Posts: 11

I'm glad the DC penalties came back. I've not had a single "random" game crash if I'm being honest. So I have no idea what half of these complaints are about.

Abuse the punishment system, you deserve perma-ban.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Just curious, how many infractions would it take to get a 48hr ban? And in what timeframe? I play killer mostly and never DC.

I Have had my ISP do maintenance on a line without knowledge which actually got me Dc'd 3 times in about 4 hrs and I think they were all 5 mins.

What are the increments?

• ugDUST
    ugDUST Member Posts: 51

How about you just die on first hook? Dcing is so stupid. Just give the killer a hook and #########.

• BeerFarts
    BeerFarts Member Posts: 15

Any "Temp" ban over an hour is the devs shooting themselves in the foot so to speak

Pissed off people are now going to spend the next 24-48 hours looking for new games on steam.

One hour is all people need to chill the fck out.

do i agree with DC penelties, of course, most online games have them. However, this game is excessive to the point of bad business

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,706

This thread has done its course, no need to add more, penalties are there to prevent people from constantly DCing.

This discussion has been closed.