RED RANK KILLER IS BORING.

Spirez
Spirez Member Posts: 674

I don’t want to play the same 3 killers or else I get a 5 minute game. I’m sure the red rank survivors would love to go against other killers too.

When I que up with my red rank SWF we rarely ever lose. Most of our games are 4 man escapes. Even when they have ebony mories maybe 1 or 2 of us die and the rest escape. Survivor has way too many second chances that killers like clown, demo, legion and etc can’t down people fast enough before the gens are done. Usually one or two people in my group do the looping and once they’re down we have 3 gens done already. It’s boring for survivor and boring for killer.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I got stuck in the red ranks when they stopped having rank reset throw you down to brown every month. I do rotation, but i don't play very seriously. I mean, I'll sacrifice you if you let me, but meh.

Just play solo. Solo red ranks is kino as long as you're not trying to do a specific task.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I wouldn't say clown is weak. It's really difficult to loop a good clown and he can end chases really quickly unless the survivor decides to drop pallet early which is unfortunately very effective. The gen speed is too fast for clown to take advantage of this and so he struggles a lot when it comes to map pressure and pushing people off of gens. With that said though, survivors who are inefficient on gens won't have a chance because of how quickly clown can rid the map of pallets. A secondary power to what he has now would definitely boost him in line with other killers but hopefully it doesn't push him over the top.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

You guys should play tournaments. I´m constantly rank 1 and 95% of the time I play Myers, Trapper and Clown. They are just fine against all but the very best teams unless map rng is horrible for the Killer, they use Object or the map is Ormond (or any combination of these).

I acknowledge though that this is partly rooted in the fact that most teams do not use the tactic of spread out - do the important gens - profit.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Thanks for the support in both tags.

I’m too lazy to go into immense detail, but yeah, anything that keeps Survivors busy doing anything other than gens is good, no matter how short a time it is (seconds count in this game).

But i’m totally anti meta. This isn’t to say I have any stigma towards anyone that chooses to use the meta. That’s not what I mean at all. It’s just that I have a natural inclination to constantly mix up builds and experiment with perks, ESPECIALLY the ones that I first perceive as bad, or just “don’t get it”.

It pays off. Almost ALL perks are seriously underrated, under utilised, and greatly misunderstood.

Forced Penance is a good recent example. When first announced it seemed so pointless to me. So I forced myself to keep using it so I could understand the point of it. Now it’s one of my favourite perks from the past year.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Every killer can perfom well in red ranks even Clowns, the issue is not the killer you play as but rather what perks you run.

You need to be a meta slave if you want to get kills consistently. So pretty much corrupt, ruin, undying, sloppy etc....

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

Then wait for the MMR

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Corrupt won't stop a decent team

10 seconds to find an uncorrupted gen as two others cross the map to start a gen... the last survivor loop the killer for 40ish seconds can mean 2 gens with the 3rd and 4th gens soon after

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

Every killer is viable in red ranks, not against SWF, that are common in these ranks.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

which 3 killers? I'm curious.

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77

Nurse, hag, spirit most likely.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Yeah, it’s no problem. I have the utmost respect for you. I actually messed around with your claustrophobia distressing build on clown and was pleasantly surprised. People just couldn’t pick up slugs or heal.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Hillbilly, Spirit, and Freddy.

I can play a decent nurse but it’s like playing Russian roulette because I play on PS4 so nurse is already harder and if I get an indoor map or a map that is not optimized and laggy in frames it really sets me back. For now nurse is inconsistent because the bad optimization for some maps.

Hillybilly I find the most fun of the 3 meta killers. Spirit I find so boring to play even though it’s easy downs. Freddy is boring to play to me as well, sometimes it’s too easy as him. Id rather play clown, pig, legion etc.

It just sucks that you have to use meta builds on lower tier killers to have a chance at not getting a 5 minute game.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22XaOnYvGeI

Just watch this guy play. He has lost 1 game out of the last 212, even against 4 man meta SWFs, and he rotates between all the different killers. I took his playstyle to rank 1 with great success and win the overwhelming majority of my killer games even against SWFs.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited October 2020

"This is really why I don't play trapper. Because I don't need trapper. Half the times I don't even place traps because I don't need them, I really don't"

If you have 6k hours in the game and are facing people with maybe a couple hundred... you can win purely on experience difference. The majority of people don't have that type of practice and experience to back them up. It isn't like he is facing a lot of 4 survivors with anywhere near his experience levels. He even uses meta perks on each and every game, then busts out a Mori because he faces a SWF... so not sure your statement of even against 4 man meta SWFs...

I for one struggle instantly when I try out a new killer, as there is little to no room for errors and practice. Games go way to fast at red ranks to learn something new and just is generally not very fun, which somewhat can be mitigated with perk builds (if you were able to invest). I do believe any killer could technically work at red ranks if you get the time to practice and once you learned to use their abilities, play styles and general killer skills it might pan out for you. Though I get where the OP is coming from, because red ranks is really not a nice place to try out something new as games will just end so quickly and a lot of times you didn't even have the idea you had the opportunity to practice anything.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Yeah if he's busting out moris and ######### then there's no reason to even watch that and not everyone has meta perks which on Killer is so heavily DLC-based.