We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I wanna play solo but Lately it’s been hell

The past few months of solo playing has made me consider playing only swf I feel like I’m doing most of the work and I’m almost always at the top of the leaderboard..it’s also extremely frustrating when my team mates go down within 5-15 seconds or drop pallets almost immediately or sit there and wait I just want a good ranking system

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Solo queue is definetely a mess.Always has been tbh.

I guess we just have to wait for their improved MMR system.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Is solo queue really that bad or is SWF just that strong.....

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I keep dying first hook with like 30k+ points, with the other 3 surviving and having about 10k less points than me. It's an odd experience.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited October 2020

The biggest issues causing this is the ranking/matchmaking/rank reset system.

It's currently way too easy too rank up (on both sides, but especially on survivor), there's still wonky matchmaking where I'll get thrown against literally grey ranks that just started the game, and that terrible rank reset change that was done like 6 months ago or so which now makes it almost impossible to derank. The mismatch of ease in ranking up is also what contributes to queue times problems as now you have many more survivors piling up at high ranks than there are killers. The queue takes longer because the system is initially at least, trying to match you with "equal" skill players, so it keeps looking even though there aren't enough and it gives up and finally puts you with differing ranks.

This causes games where your teammates are "supposedly" your same rank but they really aren't, but you will get matched with an equal rank killer under the assumption that their rank is accurate. Since it's not accurate you get games where you feel like you have potato teammates that go down in seconds and have no idea what they're doing because they're not in an equally matched game even though it "technically" says they are in the lobby screen.

---------------------------------------

Now if we assume these issues get fixed with the MMR system, then we run into some other problems.

Many of the games heavy imbalances are covered up by all these flawed systems for the reasons I presented before. These "mismatched" games throwing you with potatoes counter-acts these imbalances to make them less noticeable.

IE in a perfect world where the MMR fixes these problems it will bring all the extreme imbalanced to a head and make them much more noticeable than they currently are and make much less people want to play killer at high ranks. It would essentially force balancing around high ranks, but we know that is something they at least for the last 4 years, have not wanted to do.

Assuming their MMR system works anyway, these are the next issues we're gonna be running into once MMR gets released to fix your solo queue issues OP.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

We few, we proud, we Solos in the face of adversity. :) I'm right there with you buddy. I play Solo and I have been unable to get below Rank-6 doing it. I go back and forth between 6-8 and have been there for quite some time. Unfortunately, until the SWF situation is dealt with by making them their own Que, we will continue to be swimming upstream. The things the DEV do to try and balance the SWF's 5th Perk (Comms) hit the Solo three times (if not more) as hard. What is worse, to most SWF we are merely "Red Shirts" in the classic Star Trek context. All that being said, the game is the game is the game. We didn't come here for it to be easy. I'm always willing to join someone's campfire and play Solo with them, i.e. we enter together and play without Comms. That way my Solo street cred can stay intact.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Its actually both. Solo is bad not because the other survivors are bad (even when they are), but because you can´t relay on them. You cant be certain they do unhooks, or gens, or anything really.

On the other hand, most swf play with voice chat, and that gives a big advantage against the killer, making the swf games usually very chilled, yet boring.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

It always has been like that but i would say that it got worse after the rank reset change.

Now no one leaves high rank once they reach it.

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103

It seems this is a common problem because people don’t want to admit killers still have the upper hand even in a 1v4 game. They’ve made killers way too strong tbh. They don’t need everything they are given. I’ve realized that while playing both sides

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Pls tell me this is a troll lol the problem isn’t the killer it’s survivors being rank 1 that don’t belong a good swf team will dominate a good killer just look at tournaments or streams of swf absolutely destroying almost every killer it’s bad ranking system not “killer op”

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I play solo q and a lot of my teammates are wonderful :)! I don't think it's valid to be upset with someone for getting downed within the first minute of the match-- some people spawn directly across from the killer and have no time to react, other times the killer just finds you at the wrong time, yadda yadda, the point of the game is survive but sometimes you get on that hook and that's ok! I am in red/purple and while i work on any gen I can find, I usually end up getting chased a lot and end up lower on the board than my teammates, but as long as I know I played well I'm content. I hope it gets better for you and that matches are more fun, since I have had my fair share of teammates that don't do objectives or just mess around/grief! So, good luck and have fun :)!!

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You know... if I had a nickel for every time someone has said this about so many things that have been implemented in the game... well I wouldn't be rich but I would have a nice new car. :) You don't know what it would do, and neither do I. I think it could be implemented just fine, like so many other things they do. In fact, I think it is only a matter of time. So, we will probably get to see which of us is right.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

That's weird, I been solo player ever since I started this game. And I don't have any issues. Sometimes teammates are #########, sometimes they're great, sometimes they betray, sometimes they're afk, sometimes they sacrifice themselves for me. It's just a mixed bag.

But I never consistently ended up w potatoes.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Solo is where you'll find the hardy men and women, the true heros of this game. These battle hardened men and women of solo mode wouldnt lower themselves to swf, they dont need carried through games like most swf players.

Salute to the solo heroes.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Lately?

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

I feel like a number of players new to the game start out with their friends as swf, then end up playing solo at purple and red rank and realize they were boosted. At least I know I earned my rank.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I almost always play solo. Not sure what the issue is. I stay at rank 4 or 5. Info is king when you’re alone.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Sometimes I don't wanna complain about other players because I have made questionable game decisions that would make other have a bad solo experience.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94

use both spine chill and bond, and you can know what is happening.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

Solo is horrible, and not just for the lack of info. At least the randoms that get paired with me crouch through the map almost the whole game doing nothing (and I know this since I usually like running bond + kindred and most of the times I'm just disappointed of what I see), sandbag a lot, don't do gens nor totems and farm hooks without even borrowed time.

I can't count how many times I was internally begging not to be unhooked in the middle of a deadzone when the killer was just around, just to be tunneled and hooked right after. Or how many times I've seen people using the kindred info I provided on solo to bring the killer to someone who's sitting on a gen, so they can shake the killer off them and hide.

I'm purple rank and the reason I like swf more is not even because of the info (since I still run bond + kindred even in swf), it's just because I can be sure the game won't be thrown away and we may have a chance.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I agree solo can be pretty bad sometimes. The only point I was trying to make is that if you add comms to a potato then they are instantly much more competent. You could simply tell them not to unhook you while the killer is near, you could tell them that the killer is following them, you could tell them to jump on gens while the killer is chasing you.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

🤷‍♀️ Not for me.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

The Interesting thing is when 4 people solo queue, they all think they are doing the best and the others are the problem. it is sort of hilarious.

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 240

Solo q is absolutely fine. Choose a build that benefits you as a solo and just do your best. Take the good matches with the bad. It really isnt a problem getting to r1 as a solo, and im not even that good as a surv.

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102

The only constant in solo queue is you, get better.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

No one asked dear, get out of here with your trolling like behaviour :))

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102

The only constant in solo queue is you, get better.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Solo Q has always been garbage. I can't say for the state of it now though since I've taken a bit of a break from the game.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I run Bond and Buckle up pretty regularly so I know who I SHOULDN’T bother helping because I know they’ll just get me killed.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

well you can generally tell if your slacking off your carrying the team pickups/healing your team/gens done or how long you’ve been chased by the killer with the least amount of pallets used unless the killer is death slinger clown or Freddy people can say that but I try to be the best when I play I also try to heal/save my team to do gens and to not go down in 15 seconds lol so you can tell if your doing more then your team