Shut up, Demogorgon

Options
BeerFarts
BeerFarts Member Posts: 15
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Hi,

I can't be the only one who thinks the Demogorgon needs to shut up, am I?

He screams with his gross old terribly animated sunflower face after every action.

It is extremely annoying for killer and survivor.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• dumpmasta
    dumpmasta Member Posts: 7
    Options

You're not the only one. Freaking annoying scream hurts my baby ears

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Demo is too loud(Too many Global/Semi Global warning sounds) for how tame their power is I agree.

I'd be more ok with demo's endless screaming if their power warrented it but it really doesn't(Why does shred an alternate basic attack have a semi global scream sound for bumping?).

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

Demo's scream is 'toxic' to me, lol. Why ya screamin' in my face! Why ya gotta be so toxic. Settle down like all The other killers...😱

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Isn't that the best part of him though? I love demo because when you are on point with the shreds you feel like an unstoppable beast, flying face first into pallets that need to be instantly dropped and destroyed while he screams the whole time. And the roar when he searches a locker is hilarious to me.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

He’s certainly loud. You’d think he would be a silent thing that only tells when his prey is taken down. Then again, what do I know of other worldly beings and their hunting habits.

• BeerFarts
    BeerFarts Member Posts: 15
    Options

I would rather get ######### on by my Wife for half an hour than listen to Demo scream cause he pooped

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

nothing wrong with how loud he is. he is just sharing his thoughts.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

Now I feel sad. I guess he yells in excited "LOOK AT MY LOVELY PETALS! THEY SMELL LIKE MEAT!" I guess he has a right to be proud of himself and how beautiful he finds himself.💜

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Demodoggo is just proud that he caught the survivor!

let him be excited for once :(

poor demodoggo :(

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

The only mapwide cues I’m fine with are the teleportation one (to confuse Survivors) and the one while Demo’s using its Mori (if it has one, can’t remember). Even if you don’t think they’re annoying, the global roars are hurting it because it tells Survivors that Demo is busy and that they’re safe.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

Personally I enjoy when killers have loud grunts from getting stunned. It lets me know someone is getting chased and I can continue doing what I do best, sit in the corner scared and self care my problems away.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options
  • TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I think the large volume of global notifications Demo gives is fair.

He/She/It has:

• a ranged attack
    • fast travel
    • survivor detection

I’ve gone against some pretty oppressive Demo’s that can use all 3 to great effect. Particularly players that are clever at tricking survivors into thinking it’s perfectly safe to cleanse a portal only for them to take advantage of KI and Oblivious.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Do Ash first lol, he drives me crazy

gRoOvY

G R O O V Y

groovy

chorus: 🎵 grooooovyyyy 🎵

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254
    Options

Am i the only one who thought this was going to be about his passive gurgling while walking around

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Demo and Oni both share an alternate lunge as part of their power.

Fully charged demon strike has the same minimum lunge distance shred has but with double damage.

I don't think most people would consider EITHER of them ranged and because they literally share the same mechanic if one isn't ranged then neither is the other.

Demo has the most restricted and overall worse fast travel ability in the game: Both in terms of being the slowest to set up and being easily destroyed if it becomes problematic with very little demo can do to punish survivors for destroying it.

Demo has easily one of the worst detection abilities in the game as there's no warning to let you know its detecting anything along with the detection only working while you have shred charged.

That's ignoring how small of a radius around active portals it actually has as inactive portals don't detect survivors so you'd have to both place and manually activate the detection part of the portals to even get the chance to activate shred to try to detect anyone.

There are FAR TOO MANY conditions for demo's detection for it to really count.

Can I please ask why you talk so highly about demo when you have proven repeatedly you have no idea how demo works on a fundamental level?