Disconnect PENALTY IS A JOKE

BetaBytes
BetaBytes Member Posts: 19
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

The developers need to figure out how to ACCURATELY penalize true disconnects. HONESTLY, I've been having network issues this whole week starting with the outlet powering my cable burning out. And then the xFi box keeps losing network connections! Now, I'm at a 30min timeout because of that stupid ######### and the developers will do nothing.

What the developers really need to do is PENALIZE the KILLERS that tunnel or camp. Put a timer in that gives the hooked player chance when the killer just SITS on the hook. Or make the killer slower. MAKE THE GAME FAIR.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• BetaBytes
    edited November 2020

network problems are not necessary the users fault! like i stated the outlet burnt out and killed the power to the cable box, how in the world was that the internet providers fault.

The DC penalty needs to go. OR they need to improve their algorithm!

• BetaBytes

that's bs. you never know when you'll get network issues. I've played for hours and just once out of the whole day did i lose connection during a match.

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

One DC would be a five minute ban. Not 30 minutes. That ban would take less time then it would for your internet to restart. If it was happening consistently, I DEFINITELY wouldn't want you as one of my teammates, knowing you risked DCing at any moment.

• BetaBytes
    edited November 2020

The problem is the first, second, or whatever number dc you're on doesn't go away after a day or two. THATS why its bad! Even after playing for hours and not disconnecting the TIMER does not reduce which is sh*tty when you're trying to play everyday for this halloween event.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

No, the network problems are not directly your fault.

Choosing to still play an online game when you KNOW you’re having connectivity issues is DEFINITELY a problem.

Play offline games until it’s fixed!

• BetaBytes

I had the provider come out yesterday and look at it. What else am I supposed to do?? It's like good for hours except when it gets past midnight than it gets all stupid.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

You’re supposed to respect how your connectivity issues impact other players.

I know it’s not your fault, but play other games where your connectivity issues don’t impact other players.

It’s like insisting on driving a car that the law has deemed non-roadworthy just because you don’t want to catch public transport.

• BetaBytes

Why should I have to worry about a disconnect when I use the internet all day for work and it just drops out once randomly for a 5-10mins every 12-16?? That's not fair to me.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

Don't argue with the people on the forum. They don't care why your having issues in their mind this is a case of someone ruining their game and therefore you shouldn't be allowed to play DBD or any other game. They don't care why.

We will ignore the fact that if this was happening to them they would be screaming at the top of their lungs. It's not happening to them so they don't care.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and I hope everything gets sorted out soon

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I care if OP is having issues, just like most people on the forum. However:

• There is no way to differentiate "true disconnects" from "someone pulled the ethernet cord", it just can't be done.
    • When people like OP, who have Internet issues, join multiplayer games and (predictably) disconnect, they're forcibly making their problems our problems. They believe their right to ruin our trials supersedes our right to play the game normally. This is not acceptable. If OP can't play the game due to their issues, then they shouldn't be allowed to ruin our trials. A stable connection is as much of a requirement for online multiplayer games as any piece of hardware.

Just because I care about their issues doesn't mean I believe they should be allowed to ruin everyone else's trials.