I don't think Gen Times are the problem.

Now I'm sure others have said this, but I don't think gen times are the problem, I think the biggest problem is that regressing (by normal means) just doesn't do anything. Kicking a gen takes a little under three seconds, and it takes a survivor a literal button tap to reverse that regression - something that matters so little they can do it mid chase.

Generator times shouldn't be increased, but regression just needs to be buffed.

Increase normal regression rate slightly (Ruin would be tweaked to match these numbers in a fair way), and maybe make it so that when you kick a generator you effectively 'break' it, and the Survivor's have to hold it for around three seconds to 'fix' what was broken. Obviously map sizes are also a huge issue, but I'm hoping that with all the map updates they'll make them at least a bit smaller.

Like I said, I'm sure people have already said this before, but it's just a thought I had.

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Gen times are fine. I agree with a survivor having to ‘fix’ a kicked gen with two or three seconds.

• seikon
    seikon Member Posts: 6

I think having to fix something would be a great idea. But also take into account a team vs a group of solo players.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Well, the issue is it's always going to be hard to balance for teams vs solo queue. Really, regression is probably never going to be worth it in the face of a team, but eh. What can you do.

• seikon
    seikon Member Posts: 6

They definitely need to do something with gens for regression. Certain killers having good builds but no gen defenses makes it hard even against some solo groups.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yeah, every killer main agrees with this except boosted killers, gen time is fine, the problem is that maps were big, they got reduced so it got better in some maps, my issue is that currently with every reworked map we are going to get breakable walls which only make us waste time.

But I agree, kicking a gen should be slightly better or at least make survivors stay like 3 seconds to stop regressing, just an idea.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Generator times are not the problem, its generator difficulty.

The survivor objective is almost braindead easy. Memorise genertor placement, hit skillchecks, profit.

The killer objective atleast takes some mental effort.

• NomiNomad

I hate breakable walls with a passion. I'm hoping BHVR will come to their senses and realize they're a bad thing for the game, but then again I don't see them reverting Billy's old movement, so...

• OldHunterLight

Yeah, they won't revert stuff like that, we can only get used to when to break a wall and when not to.

And I got sad when I remembered that it is true and they won't revert Billy :(

• NomiNomad

I just wish deciding not to kick a breakable wall didn't screw the killer over so bad. Killer's times are already valuable.

I miss old Billy so much. Keep the add-ons, even keep the stupid roar and overheating mechanic. Just make his movement feel good again :( He feels so terrible to play now.

• OldHunterLight

Did you know that in groaning store house, if you don't break the wall above, it's an infinite? And if you break it did you know that not breaking the other breakable wall is also an infinite? Tested it yesterday against a good random looper with wraith.

And yeah, I'm ok with everything, I just hate the janky animations, he just doesn't feel like how he used to which makes me the saddest.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The problem isn't get times it's overpowered tiles being able to be chained together in addition to killers having basically no way to regress gens without perks. You ask me base regression and gen tapping need to be looked at, that would help give killers the ability to slow down gens without having to use dumb perk combos like ruin/undying while also not actually adding any addition repair time to gens. But hey, there is very little chance this actually happens.

• NomiNomad

I used to love all the MacMillan maps (aside from Shelter Woods) but now I just kinda sigh, knowing the "ToTaLlY bAlAnCeD" breakable walls have made literal infinites. And I'm pretty sure they made the maps way more sparse to have these breakable walls.

If I could have them revert one thing, just one thing I'd have them revert to Billy's old basekit. Gone, but not forgotten.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

There just is nothing else for Survivors to do.. Work on gens, open gate leave. I wish there was "something" else to let players do

At least F13 had multiple ways to escape (and a broken easy way to kill jason/sigh)

• NomiNomad

Some kind of secondary objective in this game (aside from bones) would be amazing, but then there would be even more people who don't to gens.

I never actually played F13, didn't know you could kill Jason. Yeowch.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

It was so easy to kill Jason that it became such a sad joke of a game. :(

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I still think Ruin should be base kit, at a reduced level, of course. That's just my opinion, though.

But I do agree with your premise. Buff the regression basic kicks do, as it's a waste of time right now. Remove gen tapping as well.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,136

A big issue isn't gen times, it's map size and the loops available on each map. This is being addressed somewhat with the graphic rework on maps.

• NomiNomad

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't know F13 that well, but... Isn't Jason supposed to be like unkillable?

• NomiNomad

I think Ruin (and all Hex perks) should just do something after they're cleansed, having a passive effect that's much weaker then it's 'active' effect. When not lit, Ruin should still regress gens automatically, just at 75%-%100 the rate. Other examples would be maybe with Devour you keep the movement speed buff after unhooking, maybe with The Third Seal it provides 30 second blindness as a passive effect. Obviously, not every Hex perks could fall within this, but they should do something

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I agree gen times are fine, regression could use a repair feature. However I think the real issue is the fact that most killer's don't have the mobility or powers that help them down people. That's why certain killers are the meta. Some killers just end chases quicker or they have a faster way to travel the map to push people off gens.

I often posted an idea about adjusting gen speeds depending on the killer being used. Killers with low mobility and lack of one shot have gens that take a little bit longer to repair(unspecified amount). While killers that are top tier remain unchanged.

I also thought of an idea like an overseer program. Much like the Director in L4D. Something that watches the match. Depending on certain circumstances he adjusts things. Like if the killer is downing people left and right, faster gen repairs. If the survivors pop 3 gens by the time the killer gets a hook, slower gens. However I know nothing of programming and my idea would probably take way too much work. If it can be done at all.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

They're both an issue.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

gen times are fine its just the beginning of the game how multiple gens can be done because you can't effectively check them all.

its very common for 2 gens to get done with nothing you could have done to stop it and you usually have only one or if your really unlucky no hooks.