How would you incorporate Chucky into the game?

NomiNomad
NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
edited October 2020 in Lore

So, I'm on a little 'forced' break from DbD until they fix the PS4 framerate issue, and seeing as I'm bored I'm curious.

So, I need to say that I don't think Chucky can be bought into the game. Not because of his license or anything, but purely because of his size. So much of the game hinges on the killers being bigger than the survivors, at least somewhat. Chucky couldn't pick them up, he couldn't break the pallets - just a huge amount of things. But say they figured it all out, somehow. What would his power be? Really all he does in the movies, as far as I can tell, is be a creepy doll. Also, you think Blight's camera is bad? Chucky's FOV would suck big time.

Comments

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2020

We've seen Blight's POV issue and he's fairly tall. For me not only is the actual size a problem, but a huge problem people don't really talk about is the POV. Survivors won't be able to see him over practically every loop, if his POV is that low as well, he won't even be able to see survivors over tall grass, etc. Imagine corn maps especially. I mean I can't really see anything for his power other than possessing dolls around the map for map manipulation I guess, not too sure.

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

In the remake, Chucky was able to hack into other devices, i thought they would be able to do something with that

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101

HE'S

TOO

SMALL!

HE

CAN'T

CARRY

SURVIVORS

ON

HIS

SHOULDER!

• DevilSad
    DevilSad Member Posts: 24

I want Chucky so bad, but lets start from the ground up. The KILLER should be Charles Lee Ray, his ABILITY should Good Guy, transferring his soul to small, super quick and agile dolls around the map to scout. Chucky is actually strong enough to carry grown men, canonically, but I don't want the dolls to be able to down people.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

Having the human as the killer with the doll(s) as Part of his power is definitely one way that would make sense lore- and gameplay-wise.

Chucky could also get special vision that lets him look through nearby grass/corn etc but also something to let survivors see better where he is..

For the transportation either dragging the survivors or being on the survivors shoulder and threaten them with his knife to the throat.

they definitely can work something out if they wanted to, and that would probably result in to a very unique killer!

• abc_9000
    abc_9000 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 137

they could make him on top of the amanda boxes next to billy and they could both laugh at the survivor and they could make a survivor from the chucky movies.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

As much as I’d like it, there’s too many technical issues to sort out. Even if they did get him to work, either he or the entire game would be a buggy mess for a bit (not hating on you devs, just stating patterns I’ve noticed with new updates)

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101

Okay, with the new chapter of the Twins. I realised an interesting way to incorporate Chucky into DBD

make him a Legendary set cosmetic for the Twins.

have him as Victor where he pounces on survivors while a human Tiffany Valentine as Charlotte who does the main attacks (if you don't know who Tiffany is, he's Chucky's girlfriend who turned into a doll and then back as a human in the later films)

there can be unique animations where Chucky is on Tiffany's shoulder instead of inside her right breast, and when released, he would run around with a knife.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

That would be great. And to make up for the expensive price, have the animations be different too. Chucky would have a knife instead of claws, and he would come out of something besides Tiffany’s chest