Sensitive question (sexual abuse)

Buttercake
Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

So being on Switch we havent seen Freddy's map as often as the rest of you.

When I go in the basement of the preschool, I feel uncomfortable.

Today playing there I absord those 2 beds down there. One a bed proper the other just a mattress.

Is this supposed to be the area Freddy kept children? If so I think its in poor taste and should be edited. I don't think even if its cannon we should have to see that...

If I'm wrong Im sorry if I upset anyone with my thread. If I am right..you guys..Im just never going down the basement again. I dont care if there is a NOED totem down there. This stuff is just ...i dont know..but I'm not involving myself with those mattresses ever again..😞

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Buttercake

Why 2 different beds though...thats the most creepy...

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

One is just a mattress while the other has the frame, most likely judging by how the mattress with the frame is filthy and the one with the frame is actually quite nice, I assume the mattress one is the one where this all occurred, but the one with the frame and mattress is where freddy got his neck slashed in the remake so just remember that Freddy died next to a totem

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

The bed was defintely there in the movie, since there was the fight scene with Freddy around that bed. The mattress, I don't recall, but it might have been there too, but I don't think Freddys hidden room is in the game.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Why would a remake that occurred after this map came out have new meaning to the map itself

it just means theres a bed because thats where freddy slept I think and where a shrine was made to him

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Yea it's there too.

There's a little boarded up alcove by the bed with a skull, candles, and (IIRC) the black box of photos that Nancy and Quentin find in the movie.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2020

Yeah, oof. I haven't seen the movie, but I believe that's just where he slept, because he was the Pre-Schools gardener (which I think would be, like, illegal). Both Freddy and Pyramid Head are probably the darkest characters, as both their stories have (implied) sexual abuse.

• Hoodied

Little fun fact about Pyramid Head: In Silent Hill 2 during the scene with Pyramid Head and the Mannequin scene, Pyramid Head has his tongue out but due to how dark the screen is and the position of the camera you cannot see it

This was confirmed by the man who created Pyramid Head, Masahiro Ito

• NomiNomad

Wow, how fun.

I wonder why he hasn't gotten shipped with anyone yet?

/s

• NomiNomad

Holy crap, he is way more jacked in DbD than he was in SH2, at least it looks like it. Also, gross, hate it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited November 2020

It's been a while since i've seen that movie but I'm not really sure if it was actually said out loud that freddy as you said absused the children.

It's shown that he tortured them (not really that much better) but i don't recall them activly saying anything sexual.

Again it's been a while so i could be wrong

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Time to play some Freddy, I guess.

• Hoodied

DBD is not Outlast or anything like outlast, Outlast is MEANT to make you uncomfortable, while DBD doesn't have anything except this that makes you uncomfortable

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 670

yeah, unfortunately the story behind freddy is more than just your typical slasher, but at the same time it adds more to his gross character.

a lot of people tend to forget that detail about him..

do what makes you feel better. i'm sorry that area makes you uncomfortable. :(

• NomiNomad

That's a thin line to walk on. A lot of people watch or play horror because they want to be scared, being scared is fun - not everyone wants to face the cesspool that humanity can be at the same time. But, in general, yeah - DbD has some dark themes already within. Freddy is just a different kind of dark compared to the usual for the game. PH, as I've said in this thread before, is implied to do something similar.

• Buttercake

Thanks man. I guess I'll just avoid the area. I don't see the map very often, so at least I wont be injuring my team that much...

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

What line? We have a killer THAT SHOOTS UP HEROINE AS HIS POWER.

Here's something to chew on: All murder is a form of #########. It's invasive, unwanted physical violence. Hag jams her whole fist in.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited November 2020

I mean, the Freddy we have is a pedo. It'd be blatantly against his characterization if they just outright ignored that fact. These environments aren't necessarily supposed to be happy you know? Whether its the Murder House in Red Forest or the dead bodys in Hawkins Laboratory your not supposed to feel comfortable in them.

Post edited by SCP_FOR_DBD on
  • WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

PH only sexually abused monsters, and even then Pyramid head was universe, if you deserved to be judged and punished, then he would judge and punish you. Equally. Monsters and humans were not safe from him he's not really a good guy of course, but think of him like the old saying "Justice is blind", he isn't bound by morals.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

A digital bed in a side room of the basement of a map on a video game where a fictional character might have been suggested to have done something in a fictional movie to other fictional characters who for all intents and purposes don't really exist and only serve as part of the backstory and to which such events were never explicitly featured in said movie?

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Buttercake, I know it's uncomfortable and I hate that it was in the movies, so good luck when you spawn on that map. It's upsetting to think about, even worse than going on a meat hook or having a goopy monster lad inject me with serum and kill me. I think the reason it's so scary is because it's the realest part about Freddy. Dream demons and all that are scary, but we know that's just for the sake of horror. P*dophilia is real, and it's terrible. This is an 18+ game, that's fine, but people are allowed to be uncomfortable. So, with that, good luck in your next matches and I hope they're more fun than this one honey bunch <3

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

It is. If you look next to his bed, there is a little hole in the wall where you can see some drawings and candles.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

As far as know, it was the concept for him from the beginning, but they were "scared" to touch the topic due to age restrictions or getting banned from cinema etc.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited November 2020

thanks. that's excatly my thoughts after reading the thread. I'm in no way a guy who tells other people to "man up" or to not be sensitive or something like this, since i know the struggle of mental health issues, being triggered/ traumatized etc. And it's good to empower people to tell their feelings and worries and talk about stuff. Those things are unfortunately part of this world and i think that a horror game should be able to imply stuff like this, maybe with some kind of trigger warning in some cases.

Personally, i don't see why massacring people in unimaginable ways and inflicting heavy suffering is something that's acceptable in video games but any offense that has some sexual- or hate background is a no-go for people. I personally can't watch SAW, i did watch one movie and it was so uncomfortable for me to watch those peoples suffering, seeing their beloved family members getting tortured and killed and they can't do anything. But i would never call for a change of those movies because of that. I just don't watch them anymore.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Freddy isn't an original character, so BHVR has no control over his backstory or how the license holders want him represented in game.

Though buttercake it is surprising that this is where you draw the line. Considering your pregnant survivor post some time ago.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

I only tell people to grow up if they get offended at jokes, this is a bit different as they weren't offended but expressed discomfort. I can watch almost anything but #########. It brings an anger and disgust out in me, even if its fake it makes me want to hurt someone.

• David_Plague
    David_Plague Member Posts: 6

no the remake was made in 2013, 3 years before the game even came out

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477

Horror games aren't suppose to have any sensitive or graphic material in them. They're suppose to be pink and fluffy.

This discussion has been closed.