Anyone who says the Wraith is weak

Xaggy
Xaggy Member Posts: 330

No meta perks, no NOED, no mori, red ranks. I have no problem getting 3-4k for almost every game. Why do people say the Wraith is weak? Maybe you're just bad players. That's all.

Comments

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

Maybe were not bad but your just very good? Just kidding im awful )::

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

I mean, People who uncloak in the open middle of nowhere and then commit to 1 Chase for 6 Minutes, those Wraiths will have a hard time. But those will have a hard time with any Killer. If you play Wraith correctly, he is decent. My only wish would be to make his yellow or green Windstorm basekit, so that I can play him with no Add-Ons as well.

• GothicDamo
    GothicDamo Member Posts: 7

He should be completely invisible. Or make Bone clapper part of his base kit.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

i main him and Spirit (i play other killers too), rank 1 currently, and i can say to you that against a good team who runs to nearby vaults and loops while uncloaking, you will have a really hard time because you waste so much time. Even if you just hit&run. If they do what every good squad does -> splitting up, looping as long as they can, it's hard to win with him. I even lost on Hawkins, probably his best map, against a good squad yesterday.

With spirit on the other hand, you can end chases quick and play around ugly loops. It's the only killer i play where i feel that i can compete with really good squads. That's why chase killers are the high tier meta.

Btw red ranks doesnt mean anything. They're often better than purple squads but you can get to red ranks by just playing much. Have a good start, injure 2 and down 1, and snowball from there, and you win against the mediocre red rank squad with any killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I mean, usually when players are discussing how strong a killer is it's based on their basekit. It gets complicated in a lot of ways when perks and add-ons are brought into the mix.

A screencap or anecdote doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. The survivors might be really bad, the person playing killer might be really good. I remember one player who was a rank 1 no-perk Freddy getting 4ks (old Freddy, not new Freddy); any killer can seem strong in the right hands.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited November 2020

I've also 4ked as wraith with much worse perks and addons than that. Same goes for clown, trapper and legion, and most regularly pig who I assume are all also S-tier now as a result of my personal experience. Or I'm actually just a god at this game (I am not)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Are we going to talk about the meta Wraith combo you're running, or should we pretend that that addon and those two meta perks (Sloppy Butcher and Nurses Calling) aren't there?

Wraith is weak at base, which is what most people mean when they talk about a killer. However, Wraiths add-ons buff him immensely. You are using one of his strongest add-on and perk combinations to put him on par with most of the top killers.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I mean... They might not be "M E T A" perks but they're nowhere near bad on Wraith. Hell, I'd say Enduring is a meta perk for Wraith because he so desperately needs it.

Also, as others have pointed out, you're using one of his best add on combos. Wraith is one of my mains and I love him, but he is weak. I've seen people 4k Stomp as Clown at Red Ranks, that doesn't change the fact that he's arguably the worst killer in the game.

Wraith NEEDS add-ons to perform well, his base kit is horrendously weak. That's why he's weak, he's so, so add-on dependent.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited November 2020

So by this reasoning if I can find you someone who smoked their entire life and didn't get lung cancer that now all the doctors in the world were wrong about smoking causing lung cancer?

Is this really what you want to say?

Just because I can get 20 4k's in a row with wraith at rank 1 with no addons doesn't mean Wraith is strong. He is weak.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Those survivors were probably just bad.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Setiing aside the red add-on this particular poster used, I think it’s a mistake to rate killers on their “no add-on” base kit because realistically there is no rational reason to ever play without two add-ons of some sort, even if they’re just brown and yellow. Sure you might not have a specific green or purple or red add-on handy for a particular game, but brown and yellow add-ons are trivially available and the designers are assuming that killers are using all their available add-on slots when they play.

So the better practical question isn’t “is a Wraith with no add-ons as good as a Huntress with no add-ons”, for instance, it’s “is a Wraith with brown and yellow add-ons as good as a Huntress with brown and yellow add-ons”. A killer is really only “add-on dependent” if they aren’t good without rare add-ons that are harder to find.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I'm sorry, but I don't see how comparing base kits isn't fair. Clearly, it should be, because plenty of people don't use add-ons.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769
    edited November 2020

im ######### ######### and misread this comment, so please ignore this one thanks :)

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

"I Didn't use NOED", well... big #########. People who are good at the game don't use NOED cause is a trash perk.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

You missed the literal entire point of this post.

Smoking causing lung cancer is not the same thing as smoking is the only cause of lung cancer. You are conflating the two.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769
    edited November 2020

i, ngl, half-misread your post. glasses got steamed up and im pretty ill atm. im sorry

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I'm pretty sure that most people mean that Wraith is incredibly add on reliant when they say that he's weak. Seriously, if you are on wraith and the survivors can spot your shimmer and you aren't using at least decent add ons... you're going to have a very bad time. But... addons like Windstorm, either clapper, Ghost, double reappear add ons... all of those make Wraith significantly better.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

it's not that he is weak compared to the survivors its to the power level of other killers, any killer can win with no addons/perks depending on your skill with them as well as basic chasing skills.

i can also 4k with nothing as almost any killer it just depends on how much i outplay the survivors

However against a good team that is trying to win using good perks he can't stop them because the survivors can play safe and he won't be able to get them because the other 3 will finish gens before you can even get 5 hooks. that is true for a lot of killers but it's especially true with wraith who has no snowball potential due to his basic power that lacks a way to quickly down or get around loops unless the survivor lets it happen.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

There is literally no reason not to use any add-ons other than to brag that you can win without them.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2020

Even the weapon has its limits

you can't tell me a wraith is as powerful as spirit no matter how good the wraith is. unless the spirit is less than mediocre she is better than a good wraith because she can get downs at loops regardless of the survivors position as long as she guessed right.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Nurses/Sloppy + Silent Bell is pretty much the strongest Wraith build. I also have no problems getting 4k with that. If I run Pop + Surveillance or Tinkerer, they mostly get down to 4 or 3 gens max as well.

Try addonless for some games and show the results

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Alsooooo.... that one guy at only 8k points smells like tunneled. Just a guess

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

What map was it on?

How would you describe the match in general?

How many:

Hits did you get?

Hooks did you get?

Gens completed?

How long did it take to get your first hook?

How long did it take for the first gen to be completed?

Rather then showing us a screenshot after the match and saying something... take the time to look at the match(es) and develop your idea before putting out there

• DerFan
    DerFan Member Posts: 42

damn, you are really good with the addons and you beaten up that rank 3 solo que survivors very nice. this guys had urban evasion and window of opprotunity and you still won. the guy on the bottom seems to had no chance to do anything in the game based on his points, you must have given him a good treatment. you are indeed a tru3talent.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Weak is generally a term used to describe how killers would fare against good survivors or swf, any killer can 4k with a blindfold against 4 pepegus at red ranks which seemingly this game has enough of to make 98% of your games cakewalks, but the real measure of how strong a killer is depends on that 2% which is if you are capable against a swf.

It does at least mean you are better than the common pepegas that tend to reach red ranks just by playing the game and probably have 50-100 hours and can probably beat out the odd solo queue

But if you went up against a 4 man swf even if they were just a casual squad you would probably get rolled just because wraith doesn't give players the tools to deal with that.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

A fairly good player should have a 90% killrate at red ranks and be able to win with anything. I've 4k'd with Burger King Myers at red ranks. Red rank players mostly suck, and Wraith with strong addons is not as bad - but winning at red ranks means nothing. I can get to rank 1 with insidious Bubba or whatever. Just because it's easy to beat bots in red rank pubs, doesn't make Wraith any good.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Nurses is meta, you’re add ons are powerful. The survivors builds are questionable as well, this picture you’re showing doesn’t mean much, but you’re correct about him not being weak.

• prodigy1337
    prodigy1337 Member Posts: 32

Hey! Congrats! You did the thing.

• manicminxxx
    manicminxxx Member Posts: 1

The wraith legit terrifies me 😂

• Holylock
    Holylock Member Posts: 82
    • sloppy and nurse is meta perks for stealth killers.
    • We don't know the map.
    • you used one of best addon combo for wraith (wraith needs good addon to perfom well, he is addon dependent killer).
    • we don't know survivors' skill

as wraith, i had a match that i put every survivor on death hook before first gen. i thought i was playing against yellow survivors, but after the match i saw that they were red rank. red rank doesn't mean high skill, just mean that you can do well in emblem system.

• SirBDog
    SirBDog Member Posts: 31

Unless you're just starting the game, or you're level 1 killer and just got them, you should have a ton of lower level add ons and should be using them. There's really not a reason not to bring at least 1 brown every game

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I mean, yeah with add-ons Wraith is pretty good. But he's pretty add-on dependent. And that's a problem.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

"Why do people say the Wraith is weak? Maybe you're just bad players. That's all."

Well that's some silly logic and can easily be applied here to yourself. Maybe the players you killed in your screenshot are just bad survivors.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited November 2020

Against weak survivors everyone can win with perkless Clown without using his power.

Poor last guy...he got the treatment right off the hook...

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

You're running silent bell, sloppy, and nurses. Unless you have 20 iridescent addons in your inventory at all times I highly doubt this is an average game. Additionally, one of the survivors has barely any bloodpoints, so I assume you either camped them or they killed themselves on hook. Coming from someone who has played wraith a lot at red ranks, there are multiple reasons he's considered much weaker than a lot of other killers on the roster:

• His shimmer is very easy to spot on open maps, anyone who so much as glances at their monitor will see him coming.
    • Without windstorm you don't move that much faster while cloaked, I think it was like 11% base kit.
    • Wraith's footsteps and snarls are noisy, albeit they're a little bit harder to notice unless he's right around a corner.
    • Your power doesn't have much practical use in chases if survivors loop well.

Wraith suffers a lot against good survivors. Wraith can be easily spotted on open maps, requires windstorm for mobility, and is lackluster in chases. Overall he's definitely not the worst, but he struggles with a lot.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

The Wraith isnt weak.

but he is also not particulary strong eigther - thats okay though, he isnt designed to be a chase monster - he is designed to be a stealth killer whose strength is sneaking up on them, not chasing them down.

i think he is mostly fine the way he currently is. they could add some stuff to reward him using his stealth a little more (ive always been a fan of a "tier 1 myers lunge" when invisible, which would make you slowly visible after it has been performed), but im mostly happy with him right now.

his positioning in tier lists is entirely up to the current meta - we're in a chase meta so he isnt ranking all that high right now, but should this game swap back to a hiding meta he'd be top tier.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I don't think the Wraith is weak per se, but he's definitely not top-tier. He can be tricky for survivors to deal with if the wraith player is exceptionally good at doing more than just getting close and uncloaking, though. He has a lot of mindgame/trickery potential.

That said, I played like damn near 100 Blight games in a row with no add-ons and with BBQ as my only perk. I'd say I won (3k+hatch or 4k) at least 60 of them.

Of course, I could cherry pick my wins and talk about how amazing Blight is (he IS really good, not trying to downplay that) but in reality solo queue means a lot of survivor teams end up having at least one spud, and one spud is all it takes for you to really apply pressure you wouldn't against a competent SWF. Naturally, part of being a good killer is knowing when and how to apply that pressure, but I think this game only having 20 ranks (and it being SUPER hard to lose ranks and not go back up) along with pretty barebones matchmaking makes it really hard to get a gauge of killer quality or strength without enormous sample sizes.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

It depends on how the survivors played. There's a lot of potatos in red ranks.

Some video to show your matches would help me believe that Wraith isn't weaker.

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79

Not to be mean but I play a bit of Wraith and I have got to say that Nurses is meta for any stealth killer and Enduring is amazing on Wraith because of his 5 second stun while cloaked gets cut to 2.5. Also that is an amazing add-on combo for him. One of his best. And as Wraith is a chase oriented killer I prefer to run this build on him: Pop, Nurses, Brutal, and Enduring. You have three of the perks I use in most of my games.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

wraith is among the weakest basekit killers only comparable with trapper in terms of no addon strength. the thing is wraith has what might be the 4th 5th and 6th best addons in the game them being coxcomb, purple windstorm and purple all seeing.( behind of course iri heads and the tombstone addons)

realistically hes spirit with tells for everything he does where spirit has none and he has a reappearance penalty where spirit does not and his lack of a cooldown low comparative cloak speed and default movement speed is not enough everyone agrees spirit is better.

getting a 4k this those addons and nurse's with sloppy is easy especially if you get a great map like say the game. this proves nothing