How would you feel if basement was removed?

herrik666
herrik666 Member Posts: 191

How would you feel if basement was removed? 89 votes

YES. It encaurages an unfun playstle and can unfairly turn games arround with no skill from the killer required.
13%
SaitamfedYUNGRRKingOfGhostMorriganHannonMadLordJackAkitojotaroKevinnnnyHaelthyrAdamantium44VoidHyacinth 12 votes
NO. It's easily counterable by not going near the basement area.
86%
FatelanceGibberishFallenRanger0Seiko300AcromioBlueberryMiriamG[Deleted User]TapeKnotF60_31Demon_SwordsJacoby2041[Deleted User]MelvinRaptorrotasUnnamed_FreakJawsIsTheNextKillerWalker_of_the_fog_96musstang62MrPenguin 77 votes

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I love my basement.

• Demon_Swords
    Demon_Swords Member Posts: 68

The basement is very important as it gives you a spot you are guarantied to be able to hook around.

On some maps, hooks spawn far away enough that you can only go up to one hook when picking up survivors in certain locations. With survivors removing hooks on death or other means, some areas can become dead zones and the basement system allows for at least one area on the map to not become one.

Also some perks revolve specifically with the basement, so they would need a complete rework if the basement was removed. (Though Territorial Imperative and Monstrous Shrine are both in need of change anyways.)

Lastly, they just added offerings for the basement, so I don't they are planning to make changes to the basement.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170

Maybe a fun idea would be to add a second entrance to basements that had some kind of skill check to get through or you would be injured.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Because the basement is now important part of dead by daylight. (For the killer side)

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    YES. It encaurages an unfun playstle and can unfairly turn games arround with no skill from the killer required.

Well... the only option to say yes it filled with a part that I disagree but. Whether I like the basement mechanic it doesn't feel rewarding. You don't get more BP if you hook on basement and even if it's a risk for survivors if they know how to play then it's not risky at all.

• NursesIsNotOP
    NursesIsNotOP Member Posts: 9

NUUUuuUU me and my friend 2 man swf and camp basement and mess around. We like to practice 360's and play in basement. sometimes when there is a nice killer we all go to basement and play round. (we play where is blendette and we use our flashlights to find the claudette if there is one, we can only use flashlights tho) I play to laugh and mess around. sometimes i play legit tho.

• Yugyr
    Yugyr Member Posts: 17

sad

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191

Well looks like the voice of the people is clear: everyone likes the good ol' Basement.

I'm sure The Entity is proud.

• CCClark
    CCClark Member Posts: 32

It's not that hard to counter basement bubba or any basement build.

All you have to do is bring BT or just avoid that area and do gens somewhere else. :/

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Yeah remove it the game needs to be a bit nice more like Super Mario Bros..or just no!

• Demon_Swords
    Demon_Swords Member Posts: 68

Bubba can hit through BT if timed right. I once hit a hooked survivor 3 times with chainsaw (first was as they were being unhooked, so technically isn't a hit but I included for context) from the basement because of BT.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Remove the basement? Who the hell would even want that?

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

This is fair tbh. There's no point in getting a 4K in the basement when the game doesn't even acknowledge it

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,803

If you remove the basement, what happens to Monstrous Shrine? :(

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

You're losing basement Bubba, Trapper, and Huntress. AND Monstrous Shrine.